PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

I have a question about your Despicable Me room, and the beds. I saw the video and it gave me a general idea of their size. Are they about the size of a regular Twin bed? Or smaller? It seemed like maybe the same size based on your DS laying in it but so hard for me to tell. I'm hoping that DD (little adult @ 5' and 100 lbs) could fit.

DD will fit comfortably and if a fan of Despicable me will love it!!! I'm serious when I say I could have slept in it but my boys kicked me out!!! lol

Thank you! I'm sold. Not certain DD is coming but if she is, she can bunk with DGD, with DH and I in the King room. I never dreamed it would be available with our AP rate. Still pricey but not awful. We dropped resort levels at Disney so we'll use the savings there for the DM room.

Thank you! I'm sold. Not certain DD is coming but if she is, she can bunk with DGD, with DH and I in the King room. I never dreamed it would be available with our AP rate. Still pricey but not awful. We dropped resort levels at Disney so we'll use the savings there for the DM room.

I was able to get the room with Florida Discount rate which just like you stated above, definitely still pricey but the look on my boys face when we surprised them was priceless!!! I'm sorry if the video was a little quick and shaky. I remember when I was researching this room I couldn't find a lot of info so was trying to help out. I never really did a video like that before so I think I need to slow down next time and keep my hand a little more still lol. That and get my boys out of the video but they wanted to help they told me!!! I hope you have a great trip and enjoy the room!!!

Hi - can anyone tell me how the pizza is from Sal's Market Deli? Gourmet? Typical take-out? Thanks!

We love it! Not typical takeout in my opinion. Yes, I've been to NYC and Chicago, so not like your typical chain pizza. It went down hill for a while but we were there Saturday night and it was back up to par.

Agree, not typical take out. I can be picky about pizza and I really liked it. the crust was thin and that perfect balance of chewy yet no limp.

I have a potentially dumb question for the PBH experts.

We are looking at booking next Feb. 1-5. It looks like we can get the SMSM rate as of now; however, we would like to have the option of taking advantage either of the APH rate (we will be upgrading our UCT tickets during our stay to APs) or the Amex FHR rate. The problem is that it looks like neither of the two rates we are waiting for will really be likely to come out until late fall. How quickly does this resort fill up? Would there be a likelihood of ending up without a room at this resort if we wait until late fall of this year to book?

We are looking at booking next Feb. 1-5. It looks like we can get the SMSM rate as of now; however, we would like to have the option of taking advantage either of the APH rate (we will be upgrading our UCT tickets during our stay to APs) or the Amex FHR rate. The problem is that it looks like neither of the two rates we are waiting for will really be likely to come out until late fall. How quickly does this resort fill up? Would there be a likelihood of ending up without a room at this resort if we wait until late fall of this year to book?

I can't speak for that time of year, but for June the Garden rooms pretty much booked up before the APH rates came out. So if you're after the lowest booking category go ahead and grab it now, you can modify later if the APH rates are better than SMSM. If you want Bay View then it's really whenever you want to book. I think because Portofino is further and more expensive it's less likely to book up as fast as Royal Pacific. I'd also guess for larger groups, Club rooms go pretty quick too but again more quickly at Royal Pacific just based on what I was looking at for my time frame.

I can't speak for that time of year, but for June the Garden rooms pretty much booked up before the APH rates came out. So if you're after the lowest booking category go ahead and grab it now, you can modify later if the APH rates are better than SMSM. If you want Bay View then it's really whenever you want to book. I think because Portofino is further and more expensive it's less likely to book up as fast as Royal Pacific. I'd also guess for larger groups, Club rooms go pretty quick too but again more quickly at Royal Pacific just based on what I was looking at for my time frame.

Thanks so much! I didn't know it was possible to modify the reservation if a better rate came out.

Do the SMSM and/or regular rates tend to fluctuate? As in, is there any point to waiting/ not waiting or will the current price stay consistent for those dates?

Last edited:
Thanks so much! I didn't know it was possible to modify the reservation if a better rate came out.

Do the SMSM and/or regular rates tend to fluctuate? As in, is there any point to waiting/ not waiting or will the current price stay consistent for those dates?

There's some people with more expertise here but something I noticed for my June dates were that they basically stayed the same and then about 3 weeks or a month ago, there were no more SMSM for the garden rooms, only seasonal rate. SMSM then only applied to all the other categories. But I'm going to figure summer just booked up really fast, especially with volcano bay's announcement. I don't think you'll have any trouble at all. I'd book whatever rate you want now and then call to have them apply the APH code when it comes out. You can modify it online too, but it's a little tricky and the interface doesn't make all that much sense.

On the UO website it lists the seasons/ date she of % of savings

September-October with specific dates are listed

For my October reservation SMS is saving me 35% per night

Smsm rate is also reflected by number of nights booked

I have a 14 night stay
7 night stay allows that high discount for each night I booked

Lower % rate based on number nights

On the UO website it lists the seasons/ date she of % of savings

September-October with specific dates are listed

For my October reservation SMS is saving me 35% per night

Smsm rate is also reflected by number of nights booked

I have a 14 night stay
7 night stay allows that high discount for each night I booked

Lower % rate based on number nights
Thank you so much! I thought I'd pored over the whole UO website trying to learn all of this, but I didn't see that info. I'll look again!

THat early in February you will have no issues to secure a room

In January this year I booked rpr king suite 25 days out

Used the ap code for the room starting on February 3

And that was the Mardi Gras opening weekend

Not sure if this has been discussed, but do either Garden Grocer or Orlando Grocery Express (I think it's called?) deliver to Portofino? Thanks!

Use the search button to find the thread about it

It has been posted before in this forum of which delivery companies caters to UO hotels

Lobby front desk does not hold refrigeratored items for incoming guests

Only thing they will do is hold insulin for you until your room is ready
(Personal experience)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter