PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

What is the breakfast like if you do the club level? Considering booking the club level, but main benefit for us would be to use it for breakfast. DH likes a "good" breakfast - ie more than danish and rolls. What all is usually provided in the mornings?

What is the breakfast like if you do the club level? Considering booking the club level, but main benefit for us would be to use it for breakfast. DH likes a "good" breakfast - ie more than danish and rolls. What all is usually provided in the mornings?

Pages 5 and 10 of this thread have info on the breakfast in CL.

Also post #226.

Oh wow, I am embarrassed to say that I read the entire first page, including all the dining options, but I glanced past the Gelateria section because I assumed it was a Gelato location, LOL

Thanks for setting me straight :)
I did the same thing, so I'll have to go back and read it - thought it was just gelato.

Just got back last night from PBH. Did breakfast at the Club 3 mornings.

Assorted danishes, bagels, muffins, toast and assorted cereals made up the typical continental breakfast fare. There were accompanying jellies, butter and cream cheese available. Fruits included watermelon, strawberries, fresh pineapple chunks, cantaloupe and honeydew melons. There was also a bowl of hard boiled eggs and assorted yogurts available with assorted toppings such as granola to mix in the yogurt.

The hot fare was always scrambled eggs, a potato, and a meat. The first day was scrambled eggs, tatertots and ham. Day 2 was scrambled eggs, roasted potatoes and bacon, and day 3 was scrambled eggs, potatoes with onions, peppers, etc, and sausage. Rounding out the hot choices was oatmeal with various toppings.

Juices were orange and apple each day along with skim and regular milk. Coffee, a variety of teas and hot chocolate were available with cream and milk and 3 flavorings (caramel, vanilla, hazelnut) to add in. Coke, diet coke, coke zero, sprite and water rounded out the beverage choices.

I may have missed a thing or two, but that is the majority of the food offerings.

We only did the evening offering once and the hot dishes were Shepherd's pie (delicious,) roasted potatoes and roasted Brussel sprouts. There was a bowl of spinach with different toppings you could add, a pasta salad and a "green" salad that had cukes, peppers, olives and other things but no lettuce (equally delicious.) Assorted cheese platters and crackers rounded out the evening offering.

Hi, if staying only one night (to get 2 days express pass), how does parking work on your check out day? If you check out in the morning but want to spend the rest of the day at the park, are you still allowed to keep your car parked at the hotel and go back and get it that night after you exit the park?

Hi, if staying only one night (to get 2 days express pass), how does parking work on your check out day? If you check out in the morning but want to spend the rest of the day at the park, are you still allowed to keep your car parked at the hotel and go back and get it that night after you exit the park?
Yes, just leave by 11:59 pm so you aren't charged another nights parking.

Is there a list posted of all the restaurants where resort guests get priority seating? I remember skipping a massive line at Margaritaville in 2013 by saying we were staying at RPR. Looking specifically to dine at NBC this time. TIA!

When were the rooms last renovated here?

Do rooms have "shower-over-tub" or separate shower cubicles?

Also, I'm not getting any availability for a King club room; is that because only 2 queen club rooms are available? And is it just pot-luck what view you get with a club room? I wish it was possible to reserve a Bay View club!

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Is there a list posted of all the restaurants where resort guests get priority seating? I remember skipping a massive line at Margaritaville in 2013 by saying we were staying at RPR. Looking specifically to dine at NBC this time. TIA!
I've used priority seating at NBC several times. I'm not sure if a list available for all participants. I will say that margaritaville can be hit or miss as far as priority seating goes. I know several regular posters here that will agree.

After numerous stays at RPR we decided to change it up with our first stay at PBR. Quick questions I am a gold member so will we get an upgrade to water view? What areas in the hotel will fall under that category? We will be there the second week of December. are there any Christmas activities? Thank you all who respond

After numerous stays at RPR we decided to change it up with our first stay at PBR. Quick questions I am a gold member so will we get an upgrade to water view? What areas in the hotel will fall under that category? We will be there the second week of December. are there any Christmas activities? Thank you all who respond
Gold members get free upgrade to water view if rooms available at check in time

Request it as they do not automatically bump you up

We are booked at Portofino in late May for 3 nights in a queen bay view and I love a pretty view. Any preference as to which wing would be best? Using the search function I found where one family had a bay view which was located on the 2nd floor at the very end of the west wing and all they could see was pine trees. I would be very upset with that view.

We pulled the trigger and even extended our stay by a extra day at the portifino. We are super excited already confirmed our gold member upgrade for a deluxe room and requested the west wing! Can't wait for our Labor Day trip.

We will be at the Portofino Weds of this week. About to buy Florida Resident Preferred Passes. These will require a trip to Will Call. Could I get these passes picked up at the hotel or do I need to go to the Guest Services at the Parks?

Also, Can i just pull into the guest parking lot without a room key when we first arrive?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!