Portofino balcony rooms

Seahag

yes...I'm a natural blue...
Hi !
Tried to do a seach, but it was disabled. :confused:
I am trying to find what rooms at the Portofino Bay Hotel have balconies - I have never had a balcony & want to have one for our next trip (Mardi Gras!)
Does anyone have room numbers ??? Help !!
Thanks in advance !!

haggyprincess:

Haven't had a balcony.......but I know they are limited.

Yea, thats why I figured I would demand....ahem.... I mean request one now for a trip in the spring - I want to be sure I get one !!
Now if I just have enough power to wait for the discount rates !! LOL

haggyprincess:

We stayed in room # 2258. It's a deluxe queen ground floor with a full patio overlooking the villa pool.

Another trip we had room # 2248 same room type with a full patio.

Room # 2676 is also a queen with a balcony on the 6th floor. I think its a gardenview.

Good Luck with that request! They are limited and only once were we denied but...we did get a suite so that was ok!

2677 faces the beach pool and has a balcony and 2663 and 2665 both are balcony rooms all of this are on the 6th floor and are club level we have stayed in 2676 too and it's dead center over looking the villa pool very nice. All of these are great rooms with excellent views in my opinon.

Thanks so much JessicaR & Party of Six - do you happen to remember ( excluding the ground floor rooms) if these were balconies that were big enough to have a table & chairs on ?
I want to make sure we can sit & enjoy the view, so I don't want a narrow little balcony ( gosh I'm picky !!):p

thanks again :)

haggy princess:

I had a bayview balcony that didn't have enough room to open the door or put a chair on (just for looks I guess).

Originally posted by crazyme5kids
Jessica,
Were those raised patios (off the ground), or the slab of stone type?

They werent raised. I remember this since my son decided he could cut through the shrubbery (not designed that way) to make it a walk out to the pool path!

Originally posted by Motherfletcher
I had a bayview balcony that didn't have enough room to open the door or put a chair on (just for looks I guess).

Thats exactly what I *don't * want - LOL
I want a spot where we can sit & relax, & enjoy a meal or a drink - I know I have seen balconies that are big enough for that !!!

Haggy princess:

tinksgirl - when I called yesterday I was told that the only rooms that had balconies were bayview rooms & the ones with one queen bed.
hope that helps !

hag :wave:

Seshag that's not true. The rooms jess and i gave are not balcony bay view rooms and i know for a fact the numbers with both gave you guys are great rooms. The numbers in my post are all club level now. Any number like 2665 the second number is the floor meaning this is a 6th floor club level room now. Sorry you got bad info from the person you talked to. The rooms i have 2 are king and two are 2 queen rooms. I have one room i did'nt post the number i believe it's 2678 though it's a del king room.

They definetely offer balcony/mini balcony and patio rooms in locations other than bayview. Like MF stated there are rooms that its more for show than use. Just wanted to mention that the patios are private and there is no walking path in front of them.

Like Tammy said...the single bed rooms are King not Queen bedding. The person you spoke to didnt give you correct info.
If you didnt already maybe call the hotel direct for actual room #'s in room category you desire.

The big balconies you see over looking the piazza are suites.

I had 2 queens with the mini-balcony. I remember seeing people on functional balconies on the other side of the bay.

I was just passing on what I had been told by the employee- if you can't quote the people at the front desk , who can ya trust ????????:confused:

I'm sorry for any misleading comments - like I said, it was what I was told by an employee - one would think that they would know, but apparently - - NOT !

Thanks for the correction.

haggy princess:

That's why I love these boards - so much experience !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter