Porter to start flights to Orlando

Just back from MCO on Porter. We were in Porter Reserve and it was great. Extra leg room and the food was pretty good. Check in was a bit slow and they seemed confused, but only took about 10 minutes.

The flight was slightly late, but we were on AC on the way down and our direct flight was cancelled, so the fact we got on the plane more or less on time made us quite happy. We are now 2 for 2 with AC cancelling our flights because of air craft issues. And they rerouted us on horrible flights, which I was fortunately able to fix.

Would definitely take them again. Terminal C is also a thousand times nicer than A/B. There is a drop box for the visitor toll pass there now too.

We used the reservation service for security. Didn't really need it, no lines at 2pm.
AC seem to have a lot of airplane issues. Safety they call it, so no compensation. We were 7 hours late flying down. And checking Flightradar the past few weeks they are often very late.

Loved terminal 3 last year on Lynx. Easy customs and near emtpy stores and eateries.

AC seem to have a lot of airplane issues. Safety they call it, so no compensation. We were 7 hours late flying down. And checking Flightradar the past few weeks they are often very late.

Loved terminal 3 last year on Lynx. Easy customs and near emtpy stores and eateries.
Yes. My Dad flew from YYZ to MCO in January and 7+ hour delay departing YYZ. Told a safety issue with plane. Guests deplaning from late YYZ arrival told him 'one toilet was cold' on their flight so that bathroom was taken out of service. Fixing the heating in the toilet combined with very late arrival of plane to YYZ was the reason for over 7 hr delay.

Are there any more reports of flying Porter to Orlando? We fly Monday and are supposed to land around 9 pm. My kiddo is likely not going to eat anything until we land and he'll be hungry. I don't think there is anything available there to grab, and we are going to a hotel near SeaWorld not our usual Disney that's got a food court open until 11pm. I am curious about Terminal C, it does look nice and new from what I've been able to see. I am assuming we clear US customs here in Ottawa since it looks like they use gate 12 here which is on the US customs side.

Just curious :) I am sure I'll figure out a way to feed the boy (he won't eat on the plane even though we are flying Reserve and the meal is included!)
To answer my own question, when we arrived on Porter to Olando from Ottawa, we did go past the food court area, but didn't stop to eat. Luggage took awhile but otherwise everything was good. We fly home tomorrow and are hoping for smooth flying.

Our flight was delayed a bit on the way down due to issues in Ottawa with another flight, it was delayed so we couldn't push back until it had cleared. It looked like our flight was the only one that was supposed to be on time leaving, AC and WJ, and even United were all delayed going wherever they were going.

UGGGHHHH.
PSA for anyone else
found a flaw to porter,,,well more my lack of attention to detail./
flight down in April is direct, flight home is via Ottawa. No issue so far,, I knew about that.
BUT I did not look at what airport flying back from Ottawa to TO is. Its Billy Bishop. My car will be at Pearson.
There are flights to Pearson from Ottawa, but I either did not know about it or did not look close enough.
So on hold right now to see what the extra cost would be to switch to the Pearson flight. Or I will keep the original and just take street car to Union station, and Up Express to Pearson. Will way the costs.
So hope my screw up saves someone else some pain....lol

Yup so switching flughts way too much...solution...uber from annd to. So save on airport parking and total extra is less than 50...live and learn

Silver lining, you might really enjoy flying into YTZ. It is a cute, easy little airport. It also probably has the nicest approach of any airport in Canada. Get a window seat.

Yup so switching flughts way too much...solution...uber from annd to. So save on airport parking and total extra is less than 50...live and learn
Uber is probably your best option from Bishop. I would try and pre-schedule that to avoid getting surge priced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter