Porter to start flights to Orlando

GAWD so much stress over the 3 airlines playing discount code wars! Got my email from Porter and the wording has changed to up to 40% instead of the 50% on the weekend, but doesn't matter since the site won't load or if it does it throws an error message when trying to price it out. WestJet has updated their site and it's hanging now as well. Air Canada won't accept my sign-in info -- I won't have any hair left at this rate

The discount that came with my email *might* be lower than the one you mentioned @hdrolfe but at the way this is going I'll NEVER know!

I haven't received an email either, I did have flights up in Porter earlier but then tried to check a different date and now it won't load so I guess I'm out of luck. Better be faster in the future I guess :(

I haven't received my email yet, anyone else waiting or is it likely not coming??
One account got the email code the other didn't - note what I mentioned above though, the email I got on Sunday said the discount would be up to 50% whereas today's states up to 40%

All moot though since the site is simply overwhelmed and won't load today

FYI I emailed Porter today and they sent me a code. It's better than what's available to the general public. I had to provide my name and VIP number.

marketing@flyporter.com

They responded very quickly.
Would you mind sharing what you discount worked out to be with the code? Mine ended up saving a whole $7 over the public discount, nowhere near even the minimum discount they teased on the weekend.

QAJDSE

I'm not sure if it's attached to my number or not
That's my special unique code too. Ha ha now I don't feel so special. I think the email said 50% tue, wed and thur but for dates this year. Next year was up to 30% during certain time frames on Tue,wed or thur. Less on other days.

QAJDSE

I'm not sure if it's attached to my number or not

That's my special unique code too. Ha ha now I don't feel so special. I think the email said 50% tue, wed and thur but for dates this year. Next year was up to 30% during certain time frames on Tue,wed or thur. Less on other days.
Mine was E3ZTEH and it was probably a massive savings of 25.5% compared to the public 25% discount. Just got another email reminding me I didn't use it and I muttered to myself - perhaps because it wasn't big enough for me to take a risk on a special trip. If we were going on business or to visit family I might be willing to roll the dice with an airline that has one non-stop flight a day, but not this trip.

We've decided to sign up for the WestJet mastercard that is giving us free annual fee and companion pass for the first year, plus $450 WestJet dollars for a welcome bonus. Those savings are huge!

Has anyone taken the flight with Porter yet? We are coming home with them in early February and I'm curious how it is!

Has anyone taken the flight with Porter yet? We are coming home with them in early February and I'm curious how it is!

I haven't flown to Florida with them. but I did fly Ontario to Calgary.

The seats were very nice; I had Porter Reserve one way and preferred seating with extra room the other. Both were comfortable with plenty of space, and no issues with overhead space. I didn't eat the food or have any beverages, so can't comment on those, but they looked decent.

The one thing I did NOT like, and which will be enough to make me not want to fly with them again if given the choice, is that their bathroom was incredibly small and narrow, to the point of being unhygenic. Lets just say that one needs some maneouvering room, and there just isn't any, at all, unless you can do your business while standing. And opening/closing the door meant coming dangerously close to leaning against the toilet. I'm not asking for a palatial estate, but the size of the bathroom was something else entirely.

I haven't flown Porter yet but have been on the same plane they use on the Orlando milk run. Flew the Embraer E195-E2 from Vienna to Frankfurt a few years ago. Small plane but smooth flight. Fine for a 2 hour flight. Wouldn't want to be onboard for much longer. Agree with PP tiny bathroom. Tiny aisle, too. Get's you safely to your destination and that's it. Sometimes that's the best we can ask of any Canadian airline.

I flew Victoria to Montreal and then Ottawa to Victoria in September. My FIL did Toronto to Victoria round trip and my sister did Ottawa to Victoria round trip. All of us flew in their "premium" seats (Porter Reserve) and we were all happy with our flights. The planes are either brand new or really recently refurbished. While the seats are not ones that I would want to fly overseas in, they were comfortable enough for the 5ish hour flights. Wifi was really good, although both of my long flights (YYJ-YUL and YYZ-YYJ) the wifi cut out for about 5 mins somewhere over the Prairies.

I flew Victoria to Montreal and then Ottawa to Victoria in September. My FIL did Toronto to Victoria round trip and my sister did Ottawa to Victoria round trip. All of us flew in their "premium" seats (Porter Reserve) and we were all happy with our flights. The planes are either brand new or really recently refurbished. While the seats are not ones that I would want to fly overseas in, they were comfortable enough for the 5ish hour flights. Wifi was really good, although both of my long flights (YYJ-YUL and YYZ-YYJ) the wifi cut out for about 5 mins somewhere over the Prairies.

They are all brand new. Porter has orders and options for a 100. Embraer was and is struggling to sell the jet so Porter was able to secure a large order at a favourable price with rapid delivery. If they had gone with Boeing or Airbus it would be years before they saw their first jet and they would not have 29 in service in under a year. Porter is pretty much taking these jets to the comfortable limit of their operations with YUL-YVR, YYZ-LAX etc. Though the jet can reach all of the Caribbean and Central America from YYZ. I have flown it, it is fine enough. Slots in under Air Canada's A220 but I'd say better then Westjet or Air Canada's legacy 737s and A320 family.

Just back from MCO on Porter. We were in Porter Reserve and it was great. Extra leg room and the food was pretty good. Check in was a bit slow and they seemed confused, but only took about 10 minutes.

The flight was slightly late, but we were on AC on the way down and our direct flight was cancelled, so the fact we got on the plane more or less on time made us quite happy. We are now 2 for 2 with AC cancelling our flights because of air craft issues. And they rerouted us on horrible flights, which I was fortunately able to fix.

Would definitely take them again. Terminal C is also a thousand times nicer than A/B. There is a drop box for the visitor toll pass there now too.

We used the reservation service for security. Didn't really need it, no lines at 2pm.

Are there any more reports of flying Porter to Orlando? We fly Monday and are supposed to land around 9 pm. My kiddo is likely not going to eat anything until we land and he'll be hungry. I don't think there is anything available there to grab, and we are going to a hotel near SeaWorld not our usual Disney that's got a food court open until 11pm. I am curious about Terminal C, it does look nice and new from what I've been able to see. I am assuming we clear US customs here in Ottawa since it looks like they use gate 12 here which is on the US customs side.

Just curious :) I am sure I'll figure out a way to feed the boy (he won't eat on the plane even though we are flying Reserve and the meal is included!)

Are there any more reports of flying Porter to Orlando? We fly Monday and are supposed to land around 9 pm. My kiddo is likely not going to eat anything until we land and he'll be hungry. I don't think there is anything available there to grab, and we are going to a hotel near SeaWorld not our usual Disney that's got a food court open until 11pm. I am curious about Terminal C, it does look nice and new from what I've been able to see. I am assuming we clear US customs here in Ottawa since it looks like they use gate 12 here which is on the US customs side.

Just curious :) I am sure I'll figure out a way to feed the boy (he won't eat on the plane even though we are flying Reserve and the meal is included!)
There should be some sort of meal on Porter givrn..its included unlike some airlines

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter