• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, we are not too picky about building location but we would prefer a 2nd floor, corner room... If I am reading correctly, is the best way to make this request in writing, via fax, 5-7 prior to arrival?

Lastly... When I made our reservation online I remember seeing a window for "special requests"... It was pre-filled with "trundle bed" so I just left it alone... It was not until a few days ago that I thought that I should have probably used that window to advise that we would be celebrating our 20 year anniversary and that this would be a first time trip for our 8 year old son... In going back into our reservation there is no place to put this information now... Is this something I need to call the hotel for or should I just mention it when I fax in the room request???

Thanks so much for any help...

I would say use the fax that I have created it can hurt to request it. Not all buildings have a pool view so you may want to look at the link I supply below to see where about you may like. If you click on PORs tab then click on map. You can click on the buildings and see which rooms are what categories in the buildings. I would mention any special first visits, celebrating anniversaries etc in the fax and I would also call in to notify the call center you just want to add the special celebrations to your reservation.

Website about POR and POFQ: www.portorleans.org

Let us know if we miss anything or if you need further help with your fax you may PM me directly.

I'm sure this has already been asked, so my apologies in advance. We are traveling in a few weeks and I was wondering how big the in room safes are? I was hoping to bring my Macbook. It's 15 inch and I am worried it won't fit in the safe. Can anyone tell me if it will for sure? Thank you!

I'm sure this has already been asked, so my apologies in advance. We are traveling in a few weeks and I was wondering how big the in room safes are? I was hoping to bring my Macbook. It's 15 inch and I am worried it won't fit in the safe. Can anyone tell me if it will for sure? Thank you!

My 2013 MBP 15" Would not fit in there. I had to lock it in a suitcase, which we do with a few other things when we have too much for the safe. Out of sight out of mind. If you don't have your windows open when your using it, then lock it up when your not there you'll be fine. No one will even know you have it there.

My 2013 MBP 15" Would not fit in there. I had to lock it in a suitcase, which we do with a few other things when we have too much for the safe. Out of sight out of mind. If you don't have your windows open when your using it, then lock it up when your not there you'll be fine. No one will even know you have it there.

Thank you! I will make sure I have other arrangements for my computer:thumbsup2

My son ran to front desk to get them he is beaming he is so happy! They teased him ( he is 13) and asked if it was for him lol. He was practically dancing as he came back to us. My...FIANCÉ :lovestruc and I wee frozen on bridge, just so happy. They sent him back with balloons as well, which was super nice :)

Congratulations!!! What a lovely surprise for your Port Orleans stay, you'll be getting all sorts of comments as you go round the parks now. Time to start planning the Disneymoon now. :)

I have a similar question! We'll be at POR in a Royal Room for my youngest daughter's birthday and haven't found any way to tell Disney that it's her birthday.

Call the reservations center and get the birthday (and age) annotated on the booking in advance. Don't forget the Birthday Button when you get there too.

Andre

My son ran to front desk to get them he is beaming he is so happy! They teased him ( he is 13) and asked if it was for him lol. He was practically dancing as he came back to us. My...FIANCÉ :lovestruc and I wee frozen on bridge, just so happy. They sent him back with balloons as well, which was super nice :) Tomorrow I am buying some bride ears and having today's date embossed on them :lovestruc dream come true to have the true love of my life choose me for the rest of his life...and did so while we are in disney

Congrats!!!

Thank you everyone! It was very romantic, he was blubbering and sappy and emotional and super sweet.
pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: congrats!! Maybe a romantic carriage ride would be a fun way to celebrate :goodvibes

First night at POR is done! We got all of our requests. 2nd floor, mansions, corner room. We are 8715. So close to the bus stop and bridge. Tomorrow should be even better as we were sluggish due to being up at 2:30 to get here. So far so good. The busses are different (as we have only stayed at POP) it's very chaotic compared to that but totally fine. We are in Disney, it's hard to be upset haha. :)
Congrats getting your requests. I prefer using the bus stop behind either Acadian House or Magnolia Terrace, much less chaotic then main bus depot.

I have a similar question! We'll be at POR in a Royal Room for my youngest daughter's birthday and haven't found any way to tell Disney that it's her birthday.

Is it in the online check in form? Should I call and have it added? Or just notify the CM when we arrive at the resort?

Thanks in advance! (90 more days!!! :cool1:)

You can either send a fax with the info around 5 days before arrival or phone reservations now and have it added on reservation.

Thanks again everyone! And thank you to the lady who approached me in the washroom at Be Our Guest....she was very sweet, and I saw her on the bus on the way back to POR so who knows maybe she reads this thread :0)

Extra added news: brother proposed to his girlfriend in front of castle yesterday, we knew it was coming so we kept my engagement a secret from the two of them until he did the deed. My Mum is thrilled to have been here for all of it!

Tomorrow is our last day at POR booo....we have really enjoyed our stay here. Busses have been really good actually. For court is a bit chaotic and food is average but fine, except for make your own pasta...that was amazing. I recommend sharing it....the amount of food you get for $12 is really fair, and it is really big. And really yummmmmmmy.
We have used the quiet pool by our room in building 16, we find it's a big pool and while it doesn't have a hot tub or water slide, it is actually...quiet....a decent size, and close to room.

The only delay we have had was taking the boat to downtown disney. A popular way to go, the process one night took a full hour....it was a bit of a mess and opted to bus back. However another evening we did a return by boat and it was perfect.

I am currently booked at a Royal Room at POR. Looking into upgrading to a standard room at WL or AKL. Has anyone have advice on what to choose? Stay at POR? Upgrade? AKL or WL? Distance from parks is not important. Transportation reliability, pool, resort activities, and room (cleanliness, distance from lobby, amentities) are most important to us. We usually spend 1 evening and 1 full day at our resort during our 6 night stay. Other than that, we sleep/shower/eat breakfast.

I am currently booked at a Royal Room at POR. Looking into upgrading to a standard room at WL or AKL. Has anyone have advice on what to choose? Stay at POR? Upgrade? AKL or WL? Distance from parks is not important. Transportation reliability, pool, resort activities, and room (cleanliness, distance from lobby, amentities) are most important to us. We usually spend 1 evening and 1 full day at our resort during our 6 night stay. Other than that, we sleep/shower/eat breakfast.

I know you said distance from parks is not important, but keep in mind that if your making a lot of dining ressies, you will have to count extra travel time with AK. We like WL because the boat ride is relaxing and we like to be near the water. I don't know if the pool will still be under renovation when your there. You can get picked up right at the docks if you buy a fishing excursion and you can rent watercraft. It is a short boat ride over to Fort Wilderness if you buy tickets to Hoop dee Doo revue.
It nay be difficult to get a standard room at WL depending how far out from your trip you are. There are very few standards at WL.

I forgot to say yesterday, but Boatwright's should have launched their new menu now. No major food changes as far as I know, but options wil be titled based on the resort backstory theme and characters. Anyone there now care to snap some pics of the menu?

Andre

I forgot to say yesterday, but Boatwright's should have launched their new menu now. No major food changes as far as I know, but options wil be titled based on the resort backstory theme and characters. Anyone there now care to snap some pics of the menu? Andre
I can snap some pics when we head out to epcot later on (around 3:30)

I've booked a River View room. Any ideas on where it might be located?

You can go to Touringplans.com. They have a feature where you can put in your room category and it will show you on a map where it could be. Then you can click on the rooms and see the view.

You can go to Touringplans.com. They have a feature where you can put in your room category and it will show you on a map where it could be. Then you can click on the rooms and see the view.

I think Andre needs to add this feature to his site also!!! ;)

Thanks! I looked and can't find a river view unless it's a royal room and I know that I did not pay for that. All I can find are garden or standard views. Guess I'll just have to wait till we get there.

Thanks! I looked and can't find a river view unless it's a royal room and I know that I did not pay for that. All I can find are garden or standard views. Guess I'll just have to wait till we get there.

I just went and checked and there is a "river view/queen beds" category!

I can snap some pics when we head out to epcot later on (around 3:30)

Thanks, that'd be great. If you can get the main menu (with the wine/beer options page), dessert menu (and kids menu if that has changed) that'd be great! Just email them to me at my admin (at) portorleans.org address. Thanks!

Andre

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter