Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I looked and can't find a river view unless it's a royal room and I know that I did not pay for that. All I can find are garden or standard views. Guess I'll just have to wait till we get there.

See my building floorplan maps on my site, they have all the room categories shown, including River View which is indicated in dark blue. Visit http://www.portorleans.org/floorplans.php and click on any of the buildings which are located next to the river to see which rooms fall into which category.

For regular River View rooms, you need to check buildings 14, 27, 38, 80 (Acadian House) and 85 (Magnolia Terrace). e.g:

Floorplan-POR-AlligatorBayou-38.png

Andre

I just went and checked and there is a "river view/queen beds" category!

I got that far but when clicking on an actual room could not find a river view/queen.

See my building floorplan maps on my site, they have all the room categories shown, including River View which is indicated in dark blue. Visit http://www.portorleans.org/floorplans.php and click on any of the buildings which are located next to the river to see which rooms fall into which category.

For regular River View rooms, you need to check buildings 14, 27, 38, 80 (Acadian House) and 85 (Magnolia Terrace). e.g:

Floorplan-POR-AlligatorBayou-38.png

Andre

Thank you! This was very helpful! Looks like I'll be staying on the Mansion side this time. I've never stayed there before.

Thank you! This was very helpful! Looks like I'll be staying on the Mansion side this time. I've never stayed there before.

Remember that will be a request rather than a guarantee, you could be placed in either side.

Andre

Disney will try if they can. As Andre painfully reminds us they are not set in stone or promises, he is right. We do get some times to full occupancy levels, so sometimes it may, MAY not happen. Please don't get discouraged by this, it never hurts to ask and it is never a burden for us to read them. So don't worry that it is a fuss we recognize special requests such as medical, never beens, it would just be so magicals, etc. But we will try our hardest to achieve that magic if possible for us to do so!

I got that far but when clicking on an actual room could not find a river view/queen.

All rooms that aren't King are queen, and there aren't that many King rooms. For instance, in Andre's example, there are a total of 64 rooms in building 38, and only 4 are King; all the rest are queen.

Remember that will be a request rather than a guarantee, you could be placed in either side.

Andre

Anyplace is fine with me, no requests were made. We just made the reservations this week. A river view room was all that was available. I was just curious where we might be put. I stayed in Alligator Bayou section 25 last time we were there and loved it.

Anyplace is fine with me, no requests were made. We just made the reservations this week. A river view room was all that was available. I was just curious where we might be put. I stayed in Alligator Bayou section 25 last time we were there and loved it.

Don't worry, there really aren't any bad River View locations, as they all face towards the pathway around Ol' Man Island, so have nice views and fairly short walks to the main areas too.

Andre

Don't worry, there really aren't any bad River View locations, as they all face towards the pathway around Ol' Man Island, so have nice views and fairly short walks to the main areas too. Andre

How likely is it that I can request and get a river view royal room if I have a garden view royal room reserved? I know that it is only a request. I just wondered if that was even possible.

How likely is it that I can request and get a river view royal room if I have a garden view royal room reserved? I know that it is only a request. I just wondered if that was even possible.

Technically it's a paid room category switch, but it never hurts to mention that a river view would be really nice in your fax. What have you got to lose? :)

Don't send your fax until 5 days out though, as they generally don't change room categories until that point in case more bookings come in.

Andre

The November 2014 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules for Port Orleans Riverside and Port Orleans French Quarter are now available. See my Recreation Activities Schedules Page for full-size printable PDF versions.

The evening campfires commence at 5:30pm in November, and the Movies Under the Stars will be screened at 7:30pm.

POR-Rec-2014-11.jpg

Andre

The November 2014 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules for Port Orleans Riverside and Port Orleans French Quarter are now available. See my Recreation Activities Schedules Page for full-size printable PDF versions. The evening campfires commence at 5:30pm in November, and the Movies Under the Stars will be screened at 7:30pm. Andre

Thanks Andre.... We arrive on the 10th. Can't wait!!!

Technically it's a paid room category switch, but it never hurts to mention that a river view would be really nice in your fax. What have you got to lose? :) Don't send your fax until 5 days out though, as they generally don't change room categories until that point in case more bookings come in. Andre

I usually don't send a fax. I just roll the dice. I thought I would give it a shot this time!

Did you happen to get a chance to pop by Boatwright's and check out the new menu listings? I'm curious to see what they've done with it. Andre
I did. But I'm not sure how to load them on here from my phone. If you PM me, I can text them to you or email them

I did. But I'm not sure how to load them on here from my phone. If you PM me, I can text them to you or email them

Thanks. Just email them straight from your phone to the address I mentioned previously if that's OK: admin(at-sign)portorleans.org.

Andre

Perfect, thanks! That covers all the Appetisers and Entrees - did they happen to have a dessert menu out that you could maybe borrow and snap too before you go home? And/or kids menu (if that's changed at all). Andre
I will check when we head out tonight.

Q- if you are staying in Oak Manner facing the courtyard, can you hear the movie or noise from ppl at the movie in your room at night? My little ones go to bed early and I am wondering if I should specifically request not to face the courtyard or if that is a waste of a request. TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter