Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Three (NOW CLOSED, see 2014 thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go along with the bus to MK usually being faster, but Disney transport to Hoop de Doo from POR is more questionable.

From POR it's a very quick drive (maybe 5 mins) to the Fort Wilderness parking lot, and then you just get on the first internal circuit bus that turns up to take you over to the main area.

Using Disney transport, you'd probably only just have got to the MK in the time it would have taken you to get all the way to the venue by car & FW bus. That said, if you've got the time and you're not clashing with the MK exit crowds on the way back, the boat is a very pleasant way to get there.

Andre

TRUE...the drive from POR to FW is quick - 5-10 minutes. However, once we got there and entered FW and drove around for easily 15 minutes or more waiting for an empty a parking space (we ended up parking on the grass (YIKES, not the only ones the parking lot is small and very crowded) it was brutal, then waiting for the internal bus, then the internal bus making numerous stops before getting to Pioneer Hall, it was easily over an hour.

LIKELY, we may have lucked out when we got the bus so quickly to MK on the previous trip (we've never had issues with buses at POR, but some have) then the boat right off the bus, it was literally 30 minutes and we didn't have to drive, park, ride a bus, get back on a bus, find the car, etc. So, that's why I mentioned it. I think if you are going to the late HDDR seating, using your car may be faster, but for a 6ish seating -- we were definitely in a time constraint and it was stressful. We barely made it and for me, the bus/boat was leisurely and relaxing and less stressful. I love looking at the castle at night from the boat...breathtaking!

Hi All,

We are in the process of planning a vacation for our family and a family of our closest friends. They have never been to Disney and are counting on us (me;)) to show them the ropes. We LOVE POR and have been there a few times, most recently last February. We stayed in a preferred room in building 14 of AB and it was an amazing location.

My question is, what room category or section do you think would be most desirable and give the most "Disney feel" if that makes sense? I know the location of the AB preferred rooms is great but am worried that the theme might not be as over the top as the mansions? Any advice would be welcome! Oh, and we are both families of 5, but only families of 4 by Disney standards right now:goodvibes

Thanks so much!!

-Kelly

Thanks for the quick reply, I think that should work for charging everything as I really didn't want to bring a power bar with me

We always take a power strip with us, and believe me every socket is full, phones, cameras... Never enough outlets for us:laughing:

We always take a power strip with us, and believe me every socket is full, phones, cameras... Never enough outlets for us:laughing:

I have two power block USB charger things that I can run two USB cords into so I think we should be good as we will have 2 iPhones, 1 iPod touch and then 2 battery back up chargers. We made out fine at the Pop in the past but this is our first time staying at POR

(bopping palm on forehead) I never thought of bringing a power strip! Going add to my Disney list now.:thumbsup2

While we are talking about it, does anyone happen to know how many outlets there are? Also, is thee an HDMI plugin on the TV?

Hi! I'm sure the answer to this question is in this thread somewhere, but there are SO many that I thought I'd quickly just ask- What section/building (standard room) is the most quietest at night? I know its Disney, and not a quiet vacation, but just wondering people's opinions. We don't care how far we are from things lime the pool/lobby/etc. Thanks!

While we are talking about it, does anyone happen to know how many outlets there are? Also, is thee an HDMI plugin on the TV?

There's a picture of the TV plug-ins in post 2780.

Hi! I'm sure the answer to this question is in this thread somewhere, but there are SO many that I thought I'd quickly just ask- What section/building (standard room) is the most quietest at night? I know its Disney, and not a quiet vacation, but just wondering people's opinions. We don't care how far we are from things lime the pool/lobby/etc. Thanks!

The further you are from the main building, pool, etc., the quieter it'll be. Check the map on http://portorleans.org/room-requests.php to see where the buildings are located.

Super Duper Excited for our first POR stay! We used a TA against my better judgement. It costs us the same as if I would have booked myself but she offered a $100 gift card to use her. Well needless to say no gift card :( No luggage tags yet BUT we did get Magic bands and can see reservation online, so hopefully I have my trip. If not we have been duped of our $$ :(

Did you get your Mickey Mail? The gift card usually comes with the TA package along with Magical Express info, Coupons if any, and your gift card.

We have everything planned for POP for our trip in October, but my wife and I sit here and can't stop reminiscing our 2012 POR trip.....if free dining gets announced end of october/early nov....we will be switching to POR :rotfl2:

Side note: Anyone remember when free dining usually gets announced for the fall? I think I remember around March....?

Thanks, everyone!

We were on the backside of building 27 (preferred building) and never had any issues with noise during the day for naps or at night.

49 DAYS!!!!!! I can't wait. I'm giddy with excitement! I've spent months planning this trip and I'm so excited to stay at POR!
We are traveling with our girls who are 4 and 8. We have a Royal Room reserved, standard view. My sister and her husband and 2 children are also coming. My only request is going to be for connecting, or at least close rooms. I don't care which floor, view, etc...

Thanks to everyone who has participated on this threat. I enjoy reading through everything.

I do have one question. We will have a car, but may take the bus some mornings. If we want to make rope drop, what time should we leave if we drive and if we opt for the bus?

We were there in Sept in bld 14 so close to pool and food, on ground floor and I found it was very quiet. Even the crazy time in the morning. Maybe it was all the trees that baffled the sound. I can hardly wait until my trip back in Oct 2016

We checked in on Thursday and are having a wonderful time enjoying the resort. Ran the marathon today so we've just been relaxing instead of going to parks.
Spent the first two nights in a royal guest room. Absolutely beautiful theming, but I wish the fireworks would stay on :) . Our room was in oak manor facing the pool. We had a corner room and it was a very short walk to the lobby and buses since we were almost even with the bridge.

We are currently in the AB section. I paid for a garden view but we were upgraded to preferred river view. We are pretty much the closest room to the food court! Probably like 50 steps! We really lucked out with room assignments.

My only complaint is with the hot tub. I've been dying to soak some sore muscles, but it's always packed! Why aren't there more??

Quick question. Family members of mine are heading to POR next month. Not sure if they book it but they are hoping for an accessible room (or will they even need one as they will have a scooter) as well as a regular room.. My question is, do any of the accessible rooms room have a connecting door to a regular room beside the? I was trying to check the maps but did not see.. I believe they have booked a preferred room and would like to be in alligator bayou. Any suggestions on what to put in a fax, as I will be doing that for them.. Thanks everyone.

All preferred rooms are in Alligator Bayou, so they don't need to request that. I know that Andre was working on indicating on the maps where the connecting doors are, but I don't know if he's updated the maps. Do they need accessible features (like a roll-in shower), or do they just think that an accessible room will have more room for the scooter?

Question...just discussing with DH and the kids about room requests.

We know there are no balconies on the second floor rooms in Alligator Bayou. If you request main floor (we are in a preferred room booking)....is there space outside the door for each room? Like a ground floor balcony type idea? Or just a straight walkout?

DH wondered if there would be chairs or something with a main floor room.

Thanks!

We were there in Sept in bld 14 so close to pool and food, on ground floor and I found it was very quiet. Even the crazy time in the morning. Maybe it was all the trees that baffled the sound. I can hardly wait until my trip back in Oct 2016

Seems to me right now the whole place is pretty quiet, even though it's very full with mostly marathoners. I wouldn't worry much about quiet in general here.

All preferred rooms are in Alligator Bayou, so they don't need to request that. I know that Andre was working on indicating on the maps where the connecting doors are, but I don't know if he's updated the maps. Do they need accessible features (like a roll-in shower), or do they just think that an accessible room will have more room for the scooter?

They don't need the accessible features, just enough space for the scooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter