• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Important Info!!!

csmommy

DIS Veteran
I have copies this from Deb's site. I hope this doesn't mess up anyone vacation!

Port Orleans Resort will undergo an extensive room renovation that will take approximately 2 years to complete. The French Quarter rooms will be done first and the entire resort will be closed during this time. The rooms will get all new furniture, carpet, bathrooms and wall coverings.

Effective today (April 4) no reservations will be taken for the resort.

Disney will be contacting guests who currently have reservations at the French Quarter to move them to another moderate resort. More details as they become available.

2 Years!!! OMGosh! I wanted to stay there in Oct. 2004...Oh well..guess I'll have to find another place

Yikes - I guess I better stop waiting on making those POR reservations for September. Was still debating between WL & POR while waiting for codes.

I wonder if this is a renovation, or a partial closure, and hey at the same time do some "renovations". Didn't they just do some renovations to POFQ during the last closure???

Interesting timing.

Extensive renovations when bookings are down?? Hmmm, or are bookings down???

I think I'm losing my mind

CSMommy, do you have any idea when it is closing? We are staying there the first week of next month. Will we have to move somewhere else or is this happening later like a few months from now? My poor daughter is sitting here totally freaked now. Everytime we have booked PO/FQ something has happed to keep us from staying there. Thank you for any more info you hear.

Two years is along time..

Then again, it took my husband 2 years to fill a hole in our drywall once LOL

>>^..^<<

Originally posted by >>^..^<<

>>^..^<<

We must be married to brothers.

:p :) :jester:

DisneyFreaks - That is the only information posted on Deb's site. So we're at a lost just as you. I hope for your sake that it is a few months, but knowing Disney this is effective immediately. They probably won't move current guests, just not allow any new guests to check in. I'd contact your TA or WDW directly if you booked through them and ask questions and a lot of them.

Originally posted by >>^..^<<

>>^..^<<

ROTFLMAO

I wonder where those of us with families of 5 will stay? There is not another moderate that will accomodate us.

Originally posted by Luvtomickey
I wonder where those of us with families of 5 will stay? There is not another moderate that will accomodate us.

At the moment just FQ is closing. So you can still stay at Riverside for a while.

Originally posted by DisneyFreaks
CSMommy, do you have any idea when it is closing? We are staying there the first week of next month. Will we have to move somewhere else or is this happening later like a few months from now? My poor daughter is sitting here totally freaked now. Everytime we have booked PO/FQ something has happed to keep us from staying there. Thank you for any more info you hear.

Hey maybe you could get upgraded or something like that for your inconvenience. That is if its when your there.

I'm so happy for you!!

Now if the AP rates came out , I could be happy for me.

Thanks for your post luckytso. Makes me feel a little better. Maybe you or someone could answer a question for me though. We are booked in the water view rooms. Would switching to WL or AKL for $10 more a night put us in standard view rooms?

Thanks for the info luckytso. I have a code rate on my water view rooms. I'm only paying $109 plus tax = $121. Would they add the $10 to that or would we taken back to the rack rate of $159 plus tax do you know?

Does anyone know when they are closing? We are supposed to arrive 5 weeks from today.

Thanks!

Im staying at the riverside from May 7-13th. If they start refurbishing during my stay will I be able to hear the construction noise? What about the restaurants at POFQ? Does anyone know if they sell beignets at riverside? I was really looking forward to getting some of those but heard they only have them at POFQ. Will this effect my stay at riverside at all? I know the resorts were once "sister" resorts but how close are they really? Do they share pools?
Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter