Port Orleans French Quarter

And I've had Cafe Du Monde's finest with everything properly covered (covered!) in powdered sugar, and I like Port's beignets too... they are two different species, so I enjoy them as such. ;)
:thumbsup2
Yes, they are not close to New Orleans but our family still really enjoy them. Heck, it's just fun to eat them:) I'm not going to compare a counter service beignet against a place (Cafe Du Monde) that has been serving beignets for over 150 years, that's ridiculous.
As far as POFQ, it's one of our favorite resorts.

:thumbsup2
Yes, they are not close to New Orleans but our family still really enjoy them. Heck, it's just fun to eat them:) I'm not going to compare a counter service beignet against a place (Cafe Du Monde) that has been serving beignets for over 150 years, that's ridiculous.
As far as POFQ, it's one of our favorite resorts.
Dh and I have never been to New Orleans so we love the beignets. It’s just like I love peeps and some people hate them. Everyone likes different things

We stayed at POR last year, but went over to FQ...it really depends on what you are looking for in a resort. The nice thing is that it is small & they are close together so you can go back & forth between them. FQ has really neat architecture & we liked the lunch that we had there. The pool is really neatly themed also. We felt that POR was a much more relaxing environment & FQ was just "fancier". So again, it depends on the environment you are looking for. However, the bus transportation seemed shorter w/FQ & sometimes they have their own buses going just to FQ.

Good:
Pretty setting and buildings.

Small! Big plus!!

Decent rooms for the category

Cool pool for kids

Short walk to POR with another resort feel to it to explore and more pools to try out.

Po’boys And biscuits are good.

Bad:
French toast. This was absolutely disgusting and inedible.

Honestly that is about it unless you are comparing the room interiors to deluxe which is an arm and a leg more.

Love POFQ . Peaceful, beautiful, buses no problem, only time I go to Disney Springs is when we stay there as it's so easy on the boat

Its been a little over a year since we've stayed there which was actually our first stay at POFQ as most of the time we stay at POR. We did really enjoy it. Our room was very convenient to food court, it was quiet and comfortable. Just got really lucky for Fall as I was able to grab a river view room at a really good rate. I don't ever remember them offering POFQ with a discounted AP or FL resident rate before so I went for it. Has the refurb been done within the last year?

FYI - Everything that was said about the beignets may need to be thrown out the window. Just saw on Disney Food Blog today that they changed them to Mickey shaped beignets like the ones in DL. They are more cake doughnut like now and aren't hollow anymore. I'm hoping for an improvement but I'll have to wait until October to find out. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter