POR questions

kathy040690

Mouseketeer
So we have decided to go with Port Orleans Riverside !! have a couple questions

1. Are there any grocery store near by ?
2. Do they offer any kind of room service?
3. how is the transportation like ? usually long waits? share with other resorts?

Thats all i can think of for right now :)

We just stayed at Port Orleans Riverside for our first time this past November. We absolutely LOVED the resort!! I do have some input as far as transportation. We did not share buses with any other resorts while we were there, but the boat rides to Disney Springs were shared with the French Quarter Resort. I highly suggest, whatever section of the resort you're staying in, to NOT board the buses at the South Depot in the morning, which is the bus stop closest to the main building. The lines at this stop were so much longer than any other stop every morning while we were there, and it was the last stop the bus picked up, so you have a much higher chance of getting on a bus without a long wait (and having an actual seat) from any other stop.

Also, we didn't look for a grocery store so I can't answer that, but the the "Fulton's General Store" on the resort does carry some necessities but not a huge selection of grocery needs (some snacks, 1/2 gallons of milk, bread, etc.). I do remember some sort of menu for room service (maybe just pizza?) but we didn't use it so I am not much help with that either.

I am not sure on a grocery store, either, but I don't think it would be too far away. We stopped at a Walmart not far away (maybe 10 minutes or so - I think?) on the way home from our last trip to replace the portable DVD player that did not work that morning. Transportation was not an issue on our last stay in 2014. I don't recall the buses ever sharing with POFQ, but the boat does. I have seen people waiting for the boat at POFQ that did not get on because it was full. But we loved the boat ride to Disney Springs.

So we have decided to go with Port Orleans Riverside !! have a couple questions

1. Are there any grocery store near by ?
2. Do they offer any kind of room service?
3. how is the transportation like ? usually long waits? share with other resorts?

Thats all i can think of for right now :)

1. There's a Walmart and a Publix about a mile or 2 off WDW property.

2. Just pizza can be delivered to your room.

3. It's the same as any other WDW resort. The only time there is a long wait is right at park closing time. But even that's not too bad. POR sometimes shares with POFQ during the slow parts of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter