Popcorn!!

outstandinfarmer

<font color=navy>I am not a farmer, but I do live
So this may sound weird but I LOVE popcorn. I eat it everyday. It's my favorite food in the whole world. My nickname when I was a kid was "popcorn" and my sign language name is even the sign for popcorn with an "h" for Heather. Anyway, I was wondering if there are any places in WDW that has delicious popcorn that you can't miss. (Also, if you have ever ordered popcorn off the internet or know of a good popcorn shop in the Milwaukee, Chicago or Minneapolis area let me know about that!!!!) I really love popcorn! (I need a smilie that has a guy eating popcorn!!!!:D )

We always get our popcorn, along with a moosehead at the outside stand in Canada (EPCOT World Showcase).

Is the popcorn different at different stands throughout the resorts? I know I had some popcorn inside of Fantasmic that wasn't very good compared to the "official stands" in the rest of the parks.

I think they are Orville Redenbacher at the theme parks-Our fav is a little vendor just past the train station (by the circle) before main street. Grab a box and sit on the curb to watch Spectro and fireworks!

My dd and I are popcorn lovers and here are our fav's in order

#1 - the kiosk at the Boardwalk, #2 outside the American Pavilion and #3 MK by the City Hall.

TJ

As for popcorn off the internet, have you ever tried ChocoPoppo by Panache Chocolate? I don't know if I can post the link here without getting in trouble, so PM me if you want it. It is divine. A little weird looking, but one of the best treats I have ever had. :wave2:

Just make sure you get the souvenir buckets of popcorn! We have two of them and they're just fun souvenir's. :)

BTW, that pic. in your sig. is too funny! :)

I LOVE popcorn, too! I am glad to find someone else who says it's their favorite food. ;) Sadly, I didn't get a chance to sample a variety on our last trip (will remedy that next time :p ), but I can report that I got some popcorn from a cart near the castle, while waiting for Cinderellas Surprise Celebration show to start, and it was excellent. :cool:

Now I want some! My favorite place is the cart half-way to the Chinese theater at MGM. Movies=popcorn.

BTW - I went to Disneyland Paris and got a box once. I'd been out of the country for weeks and needed some popcorn! However, their's is sweet. I liked it, but I was not expecting sugar instead of salt. FYI.

I always get popcorn at WDW.

Usually I get it right below the Main Street train station in MK, but this year we went to EPCOT first and I bought the souvenier popcorn tub near the American Adventure.

Karen

Originally posted by mom_rules
I think they are Orville Redenbacher at the theme parks-Our fav is a little vendor just past the train station (by the circle) before main street. Grab a box and sit on the curb to watch Spectro and fireworks!

WDW does use Orville Redenbacher, I work for the company that sells concession equipment and supplies to WDW (and lots of other places too). Disney uses our machines, but not our corn and oil kits. I think our popcorn is much, much better than Orville Redenbacher's though, don't know why they use them.

Kristaprincess:

WDW just isnt Disney without the popcorn.

Main Street in MK..
By the Muppets in MGM
In The WS in Epcot

POPCORN..POPCORN..POPCORN!

In Honor of you....outstandinfarmer

popcorn4.gif

We got really good, buttery popcorn somewhere between the American Pavillion and Canada in Epcot. We got the souvenier bucket, and it's a good thing. It came in handy when my ds, then 7, ended up being sick on our way out of Epcot that evening. Poor kid! We still have the bucket, and it's been dishwashered several times, but he still talks about how he threw up in Epcot in the popcorn bucket! :crazy:

I absolutley love popcorn.!!!!!:tongue: :tongue:

I usually go to the end of main street then turn the corner a bit to the right and they also have hot fresh popcorn. Mmnnn I am so hungry for it now. I wish I could make popcorn that tastes exactly like that.

I do however order my popcorn online. I get the kind that has the oil and kernals in a pack and I pop it on the stove in a pot. That to me is the best popcorn. I forget which brand I use b/c I only found this one online that had the oil that you heat up first. SO if anyone knows of any other websites where I can buy that just PM me :)

Hooray- I love popcorn too

Any chance you can get kettle corn anywhere at Disney? We always get this at street fairs and festivals and have fallen in love with it. But, there's definitely no beating eating the Main Street popcorn while waiting for an evening parade- perfect.

If anyone gets PMed on the subject of popcorn, make sure that you PM me too! Remember, I love POPCORN!!!!!!!!!

I just had to check out this thread b/c my 3 1/2 yo DD is a popcorn fanatic! Popcorn is her favorite snack and I know if we let her have it for meals she would! When at WDW she always picks a popcorn bucket as her snack of choice! We always buy it from one of the stands in the parks - they all taste good to us and especially to DD! :)

I am a popcorn lover too and heard that somewhere at Magic Kingdom they sell carmel corn. I have never been able to find it.
Does anyone one know where they sell it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter