Pop Century Room Renovations

Can someone on site say if building 5 looks anywhere near to opening rooms? We are around the same time that building 6 started opening some of the first completed rooms.

I saw them working on the rooms on the pool side of building 5 on 1/11. Some of them looked like they were finishing the demo work (the rooms closer to the lake) and some of them (the rooms closer to the food court end) looked like they were being painted.

Can someone on site say if building 5 looks anywhere near to opening rooms? We are around the same time that building 6 started opening some of the first completed rooms.

I will be there 1/24 (arriving late) to 1/28. I will try to walk around Building 5 and give you an update.

Wifi was fine during my stay last week. Not lightning fast by any means, but it was stable and allowed me to surf the internet and make changes on the MDE app without any issue. I was in one of the renovated rooms in the 80s section.

I was also in the 80’s last week, and mine was fine. I was in the same building the two stays prior and it was fine too. Not super fast, but good enough for making dining reservations and changing Fast Passes. I stayed in the 60’s and that was fine too. Sometimes it will be better in one part of the room than another. I usually choose my bed based on which one has the stronger WiFi signal.:)

I will be there 1/24 (arriving late) to 1/28. I will try to walk around Building 5 and give you an update.

The backside of Building 5 facing the 70's pretty much has a long way to go. They still have the plastic taped on windows and in the lake section where they have this ... we looked in rooms and they are at the painting stage.

The rooms facing the pool closest to food court are about ready. All furniture is inside, curtains hung and ready. I did not get to the pool facing rooms closest to lake I will try.

In building 4 the back wing that runs alongside the lake has all the old furniture in it but most the rooms on the first floor were missing mattresses, a few they were leaning on the wall. So not being used for guests but next to nothing has happened there.

Bld 4

IMG_1005.JPG IMG_1007.JPG
Bld 5 facing pool closest to food court

IMG_1103.JPG

The backside of Building 5 facing the 70's pretty much has a long way to go. They still have the plastic taped on windows and in the lake section where they have this ... we looked in rooms and they are at the painting stage.

The rooms facing the pool closest to food court are about ready. All furniture is inside, curtains hung and ready. I did not get to the pool facing rooms closest to lake I will try.

In building 4 the back wing that runs alongside the lake has all the old furniture in it but most the rooms on the first floor were missing mattresses, a few they were leaning on the wall. So not being used for guests but next to nothing has happened there.

Bld 4

View attachment 297406 View attachment 297407

View attachment 297408

Excellent work!

PS I saw the baby hippo!!!!! What a week old? I think I squealed out loud. She was on the bank next to mom sleeping, out cold. But to see her “little” body laying next to Mom. SO COOL! Going again this week and will also look for the baby tigers.
And baby elephant Stella, though you've probably already seen her, since she's a year old now. :)

PS I saw the baby hippo!!!!! What a week old? I think I squealed out loud. She was on the bank next to mom sleeping, out cold. But to see her “little” body laying next to Mom. SO COOL! Going again this week and will also look for the baby tigers.
I hope we see the hippo when we go!

Bld 4

View attachment 297406 View attachment 297407

View attachment 297408
OMG this is amazing news. THANK YOU!!! We get there next Friday and have a preferred pool room and I had pretty much given up hope for getting a renovated one. Sounds like maybe there is a chance. Is all of bldg 4 closed or just the back by the lake?

That's so awesome! I wish we were going soon so I could get a glimpse. So cool that the baby at AK is Fiona's aunt or uncle.

Last edited:
The baby tigers are adorable, I was in AK the first day they were outside with public - mischievous little furrballs!

We arrive this Friday! I'm so excited! It's our first time at POP! We've only stayed at Music and CBR before.
I requested building 10, facing the big Mickey phone because my 4 year old grandson is obsessed with it. :rotfl2:

Now we have to keep an eye out for the baby hippo and tigers. :cloud9:

We did that tour too! It was well worth the $30 per person. I'll be doing a review of the tour in my trip report if anybody is interested. (Link is in my signature: Cue the Music)
I didn’t know it was that cheap. I might have to consider it for next time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter