Pop Century Room Renovations

Thanks for all of the updates HopperFan! We just left Pop but plan to be back in June.

Are you SURE that Pop Century isn't actually your "Magic Kingdom", and those other four WDW parks are merely just an enjoyable break from the Pop resort? :duck:

IRONICALLY, I avoided this resort like the plague. I usually stayed moderate, an occasional value .... I wasn't really interested in the whole decade thing (having lived through them all) and felt like it wouldn't be very Disney (I mean if you stay in-your-face resorts it should be Disney) .... so I avoided it. Then came a trip it was my only choice. It was perfect mix of decade fun with big Disney characters scattered about. I loved the lake, the additional green space and landscaping that took it up a notch, at time a good food court and bus service. Now I have over 30 stays here.

I was not happy with plans for new room but I am letting it work .... because of the Queen beds and outside of resort is the same. Everything I feared would be bad ... is bad. I hate the floors, so new yet already looking scuffed and dirty, I hate housekeeping has already cut back on their effort - probably because the rooms are more work, I hate the lack of color that makes if feel so cold and sterile, I hate how loud it is in the room if the murphy is up and how I hear so much more of my neighbors (especially when they are locked out at 2:30 am and then take the party inside), I hate I lose my table so I can have the bed down (which we like), I hate the showers are now a new sound addition, I hate the thought of gondolas ....... and I really hate this new goon squad thing.

BUT, as long as the goon thing doesn't get to me or the price go "sky high" to pay for the gondolas ......... I'll keep coming back. The goon thing ................ we are two for two (two different experiences), we'll see how the next day goes ... then we check out on way to parks for the day. My next trip is booked offsite, so we'll see what I decide to do.

NOTE: I have spent a great deal of time here. DS1 (disabled) has issues that for years required hours on end in the room (had one of those today). Sometimes the entire day in the room. The lake view rooms were always perfect for these days. So you better enjoy where you are when you spend hours on end watching Stacy's Must Do's.

Here now! Requested the 70’s and we are in the 80’s. Not sure how I feel about the new room. I like all the extra storage space & the bed is comfy.

IRONICALLY, I avoided this resort like the plague. I usually stayed moderate, an occasional value .... I wasn't really interested in the whole decade thing (having lived through them all) and felt like it wouldn't be very Disney (I mean if you stay in-your-face resorts it should be Disney) .... so I avoided it. Then came a trip it was my only choice. It was perfect mix of decade fun with big Disney characters scattered about. I loved the lake, the additional green space and landscaping that took it up a notch, at time a good food court and bus service. Now I have over 30 stays here.

I was not happy with plans for new room but I am letting it work .... because of the Queen beds and outside of resort is the same. Everything I feared would be bad ... is bad. I hate the floors, so new yet already looking scuffed and dirty, I hate housekeeping has already cut back on their effort - probably because the rooms are more work, I hate the lack of color that makes if feel so cold and sterile, I hate how loud it is in the room if the murphy is up and how I hear so much more of my neighbors (especially when they are locked out at 2:30 am and then take the party inside), I hate I lose my table so I can have the bed down (which we like), I hate the showers are now a new sound addition, I hate the thought of gondolas ....... and I really hate this new goon squad thing.

BUT, as long as the goon thing doesn't get to me or the price go "sky high" to pay for the gondolas ......... I'll keep coming back. The goon thing ................ we are two for two (two different experiences), we'll see how the next day goes ... then we check out on way to parks for the day. My next trip is booked offsite, so we'll see what I decide to do.

NOTE: I have spent a great deal of time here. DS1 (disabled) has issues that for years required hours on end in the room (had one of those today). Sometimes the entire day in the room. The lake view rooms were always perfect for these days. So you better enjoy where you are when you spend hours on end watching Stacy's Must Do's.
What is the goon squad thing?

For those there now can I ask a few questions about the room check? Do they want to check when you are there? Do they check late in the evening or night when you are ready for bed? Would they check when you are not there? Can you give me some our your experiences? Would housekeeping count as a check? Thanks for the help.

Does anyone know if the Bowling Pin Pool is currently closed? Or are they just anticipating it closed when they start renovations?

It's my understanding that it's not closing until late February. Does anyone know exact dates?

Thank you! We will be there Feb 27-Mar 4th and have a preferred room. I don't mind having a non-renovated room, but want to be closer to a pool...an OPEN pool, lol.

Would like to know about them entering room also. I plan to be in the parks from opening to close. Will they want to come in when I’m sleeping just to see who’s in my room?????

Thank you! We will be there Feb 27-Mar 4th and have a preferred room. I don't mind having a non-renovated room, but want to be closer to a pool...an OPEN pool, lol.
Those are the exact dates we will be there lol! We have a standard room though.

I have been at Pop since Sunday. The only day I saw the CM checking the room on Sunday as my cousin had checked in the day before. It was somewhere between 10:30 and 11. He knocked and since we were there, he verified the room belonged to my cousin. She was in the bathroom with the sink doors closed. He came in asked that I make sure she knew he was in the room so she did not come out indecently. He walked over to the wall be those doors and shown a light on the smoke detector and walked out. In and out in less than a minute. I just stood by the door with it open while he was there.

We have been in and out of the room after 2 pm and not seen them for room check since so they must do it earlier in the day if you refuse housekeeping.

Just curious as to when the refurb is expected to be complete?
Staying in December so I'd assume it will all be done by then but ya never know.

Requested refurbished room, 70s lake view. Just got a confirmation of a room in building 2, 50s section Not getting there until 9:00/9:30. Hopefully I will have some luck going to the front desk to ask for a refurbished room. Was really hoping to avoid the front desk and go straight to my room with my sleepy toddler.

Requested refurbished room, 70s lake view. Just got a confirmation of a room in building 2, 50s section Not getting there until 9:00/9:30. Hopefully I will have some luck going to the front desk to ask for a refurbished room. Was really hoping to avoid the front desk and go straight to my room with my sleepy toddler.

When are you arriving?

I did the online check in and I called in with room requests. Arriving Feb 1. Will I also get a room confirmation? (I'm Canadian if that matters).

Lots of 1st hand experiences here.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/do-not-disturb-gone-blt.3653909/page-60#post-58728096

Start at the last page and work backwards.

I guess it pays to be out at the parks all day. We were just there for 6 nights, left the room by 8am every morning, and the earliest we came back to the resort was 8pm. Didn't have anyone knock and enter while we were there, so they must have done their search during the day. As far as I know, everything was untouched...unless they stole everything and replaced it with an EXACT DUPLICATE!*

* Shout out to Steven Wright

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter