Pop Century Room Renovations

Yes. :rotfl2:

No, but really, I'm watching too. Although I'm really only interested in staying in the 80s/90s, and maybe 50s post-reno. I only want the 70s (and 60s, c'mon reno!) to open up so people stop requesting my favorite area. To increase MY chance of being there. :rotfl:
Smart cookie!

I'm trying to decide if I should downgrade my room. We have 2/2/18 reservation for preferred pool view (the front part of the 60s) and I am thinking there is no way one of them will be finished by then. Getting a renovated room is the whole reason we changed to POP from all-star movies. The only rooms left are standard and I don't want to be too far from the buses. Any suggestions? Worth the gamble to downgrade or better to sit tight?

I'm trying to decide if I should downgrade my room. We have 2/2/18 reservation for preferred pool view (the front part of the 60s) and I am thinking there is no way one of them will be finished by then. Getting a renovated room is the whole reason we changed to POP from all-star movies. The only rooms left are standard and I don't want to be too far from the buses. Any suggestions? Worth the gamble to downgrade or better to sit tight?
I don't see 60s as done by then. It would be lucky if 70s is. You could switch to Preferred 70s.

I don't see 60s as done by then. It would be lucky if 70s is. You could switch to Preferred 70s.
I wish, only standard rooms are left. I would totally switch to preferred. I'm checking regularly to see if any open up, I'd need two rooms though, so I'm not hopeful. I don't mind a little extra walking to have the better room, but we have three little ones and I was hoping to save their energy for walking in the park, not through the resort.

I wish, only standard rooms are left. I would totally switch to preferred. I'm checking regularly to see if any open up, I'd need two rooms though, so I'm not hopeful. I don't mind a little extra walking to have the better room, but we have three little ones and I was hoping to save their energy for walking in the park, not through the resort.
Oh right. I was thinking preferred rooms would open up when they open up building 6, but they'd be closing other preferred rooms for refurbishment and it would probably even out.

I would definitely switch if you're trying to get a refurbished room.

We are thinking of switching to POP in 2 rooms for our family, what building are scheduled to be done by March 2018? We have 5 adults total so want to stay close together.

I know a lot of people are reporting to make a refurbished room your only request and that seems to work for some, but not others. We checked in to pop last Saturday. I had done online check in and requested 90’s. I also faxed through touring plans requesting a specific 90’s building room and the part where we can add text I added that I would like a refurbished room. We arrived at the resort early (9:30am) and although our room wasn’t ready they could see what room we were assigned. We got 90’s on top floor as requested. I was told by 2 CM’s at the resort- one who had talked with room assignors twice already that morning- that they are not placing a high priority on requests for refurbished rooms because they are just getting too many, and some from people who don’t even have the correct room type booked. They said you’re better off requesting a specific building or buildings and that requesting two buildings gives you the best chance of getting it granted (although in online check in I think you can only request one building?) Just thought I’d pass that along knowing that the CMs I talked to may or may not know what they’re talking about...

I know a lot of people are reporting to make a refurbished room your only request and that seems to work for some, but not others. We checked in to pop last Saturday. I had done online check in and requested 90’s. I also faxed through touring plans requesting a specific 90’s building room and the part where we can add text I added that I would like a refurbished room. We arrived at the resort early (9:30am) and although our room wasn’t ready they could see what room we were assigned. We got 90’s on top floor as requested. I was told by 2 CM’s at the resort- one who had talked with room assignors twice already that morning- that they are not placing a high priority on requests for refurbished rooms because they are just getting too many, and some from people who don’t even have the correct room type booked. They said you’re better off requesting a specific building or buildings and that requesting two buildings gives you the best chance of getting it granted (although in online check in I think you can only request one building?) Just thought I’d pass that along knowing that the CMs I talked to may or may not know what they’re talking about...

Are preferred rooms the only ones being refurbished or are standards as well?

Are preferred rooms the only ones being refurbished or are standards as well?
They are all being refurbished. They are going around in order by Building/Section. Right now only standard refurbished rooms are open but some preferred rooms are expected to open this month in Building 10. Hopefully.

I think you're only able to request a section, which is a group of building, not one specific Building. It would make it so much easier if you could request a certain Building.

I think you're only able to request a section, which is a group of building, not one specific Building. It would make it so much easier if you could request a certain Building.

You can definitely request a building by calling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter