Pop Century Room Renovations

I'm trying to book a room for early November and it says there is no availability. This is a first, I've never had an issue with getting rooms for November. Any ideas why this would be? They can't possibly be closing the whole thing to refurbishment all at once can they?

I'm trying to book a room for early November and it says there is no availability. This is a first, I've never had an issue with getting rooms for November. Any ideas why this would be? They can't possibly be closing the whole thing to refurbishment all at once can they?

More than likely the free dining has it all booked up.

I would try looking at each day individually that you want to book on the website to see if each day is available. Many times you will find that each individual day will show availability, but a week (or however many days) at a time won't. Then I would call Reservations whether or not it showed availability for each and every day. You're more likely to be able to get what you want if each day shows availability on the website, but who knows? There are cancellations all the time. You may have to speak to someone in Guest Services -- that's a Supervisor. They are more likely to be able to get you what you need.

Which buildings might be finished by Thanksgiving? Any chance for the lake view rooms in building 6? We weren't planning on returning to Pop until spring break. Our Thanksgiving plan was to stay at ASMo, but my family informed me tonight they are really not into the idea of leaving our favorite resort to test the waters elsewhere. I was happy to hear this and especially that they said something now while it was still possible for me to change the reservation over to Pop! They all hope to stay in a refurbished room. If we do get one this trip, I will miss the 24/7 table (but with a coffeemaker in the room, how much complaining can I do?!). I still find all of the changes a bit too "mod century" for my tastes, but I have to say, I am excited at the possibility of staying in one of the new rooms!

I am SO torn. I currently have a preferred room booked at Pop, but a standard room just opened for my dates. I snagged it and now have 2 reservations. I have until tomorrow to cancel one without penalty.

Which do I go with... a guaranteed room closer to the lobby and transportation or the possibility of a new room and saving $36!?

This thread and all the photo updates of the new rooms has me quite excited for my January trip, where I'll be honest, before I was a little nervous about my first "Value" stay.

This thread and all the photo updates of the new rooms has me quite excited for my January trip, where I'll be honest, before I was a little nervous about my first "Value" stay.

My January trip will be my second trip. My first we stayed at CBR. I was not looking forward to staying in a value because of the full size beds but I can not afford a moderate again.

When I saw pop was getting queen beds, I was extremely happy :)

If they keep going on the very rough schedule it seems they're on, starting one building per month or so and taking about three months to complete, and keep going in reverse order down the decades, there's a slight chance building six might be reopened in November (for whoever asked).

Just got my texted room assignment. I had requested a renovated room and didn't get one. I did get a nice room in the 70's section overlooking the lake on the top floor. Probably a good location.

So what to do? Go to front desk and request a renovated room, or keep my convenient lake view?

It is actually a Touring Plans top pick room, I'm guessing due to quiet and convenient location with nice view.

If they keep going on the very rough schedule it seems they're on, starting one building per month or so and taking about three months to complete, and keep going in reverse order down the decades, there's a slight chance building six might be reopened in November (for whoever asked).
That was me. Building 6 lake view is our favorite. I'll keep watching this board and put a request in for a refurbished room. If building 6 is done, that would be our ideal location. We're happy anywhere at Pop, though (actually, we once stayed in a pool view room and found it still rather loud at the time we go to bed, so I should revise that to say we are happy anywhere but facing the pool. Luckily the pool rooms are a separate booking category).

Just got my texted room assignment. I had requested a renovated room and didn't get one. I did get a nice room in the 70's section overlooking the lake on the top floor. Probably a good location.

So what to do? Go to front desk and request a renovated room, or keep my convenient lake view?

It is actually a Touring Plans top pick room, I'm guessing due to quiet and convenient location with nice view.

If refurbished is important to you, I'd go to the desk and ask if one is available. If not, you have not given up your lake view room and can still stay there. The lake view rooms are our favorites (yes, they are quiet, and this is why we like them. We are early risers and find other parts of the resort noisy into the evening hours) but we are so eager to experience a refurbished room that we are willing to stay in a different place for our trip this fall.

@ColoradoMom12 - not sure yet but I do think they realistically could be through bldg 6 by Thanksgiving.

@PolyRob - if it was me, I'd do what I could to get one of the new rooms.
I like the way you think :)

Just cancelled my preferred room, requested 90s online and via touring plans, and am calling the reservations line to ask for a refurbished room.

There's no reports of 80s opening yet, correct?

If refurbished is important to you, I'd go to the desk and ask if one is available. If not, you have not given up your lake view room and can still stay there. The lake view rooms are our favorites (yes, they are quiet, and this is why we like them. We are early risers and find other parts of the resort noisy into the evening hours) but we are so eager to experience a refurbished room that we are willing to stay in a different place for our trip this fall.
One of the concerns I have with the refurbished rooms is that they are the most remote. I'm solo and might be better off a bit closer to the Main Hall and the busses. Don't love the idea of cutting across the parking lot alone after midnight. Decisions decisions.

One of the concerns I have with the refurbished rooms is that they are the most remote. I'm solo and might be better off a bit closer to the Main Hall and the busses. Don't love the idea of cutting across the parking lot alone after midnight. Decisions decisions.
I don't think there's any harm in asking. If there's a room available, ask them if they could point it out on a map. You aren't giving up your room by asking, and if there's a room available that you aren't comfortable walking to alone at night (which I fully understand. I wouldn't want to do it either) you aren't obligated to take it.

The room you have sounds great, though, and if you don't want to ask about the refurbished rooms, I think you will be happy in your assigned room. That's our favorite place (70s in our favorite followed by 60s). We ask for it mostly every time. It's peaceful, a short walk, and I find it well lit at night. I've walked from the bus stop to the 70s building at night pushing my daughter in a stroller and felt safe (whereas I'm not sure I would have felt as safe walking through a parking lot). You can ask them and decide then. And if you decide to keep your current room, I don't think you'll be unhappy with it at all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter