Pop Century Room Renovations

Does anyone know how close they are to finishing the 80's section?
I think we are all eagerly awaiting an update on that. Now that the rooms are being completed and we have pictures and measurements the next "goal" is continued feedback on the progress. I hope, as many others have stated, now that they have the process down that the other rooms and buildings are completed at a faster pace than that of the first building.

New video! I can't do a link to it on my tablet, but search YouTube for POP Century room and filter for posted today. It is from Disney Pins Blog, and we see them pull down the bed AND put it up, but the most important thing...

They go to bldg 9 after dark and look in the windows of a couple of rooms in the 30s (the wing on the "back" of the building), and there are mattresses on the beds! :cheer2: Still wrapped in plastic, but they are clearly getting close! Video says it was shot on 6/25.

I agree with @FinnsMom7 - construction progress updates are the most important thing now.

Oh, and to answer @msgoofy yes, the 90s section is only one building, bldg 8.

New video! I can't do a link to it on my tablet, but search YouTube for POP Century room and filter for posted today. It is from Disney Pins Blog, and we see them pull down the bed AND put it up, but the most important thing...

They go to bldg 9 after dark and look in the windows of a couple of rooms in the 30s (the wing on the "back" of the building), and there are mattresses on the beds! :cheer2: Still wrapped in plastic, but they are clearly getting close! Video says it was shot on 6/25.

I agree with @FinnsMom7 - construction progress updates are the most important thing now.

Oh, and to answer @msgoofy yes, the 90s section is only one building, bldg 8.

:dance3:That's so exciting that they are looking almost done! Here's the link for those who are interested!

Last edited:
Really hoping we can get one! Check in 8/26 and are booked in a standard pool view room. Did online check in yesterday and requested 80's section. Hope they have some done by then.

Some 80s are done already and others were close last week.

Same for when I peaked it to see them about 2 weeks ago. It was nice to be able to personally see how the progress was coming along.

Really suprised me that they leave the drapes open, all the lights and the TV on all night though. I was doing a late nite resort photo shoot, after 1am, when I took my peak into the rooms.

Same for when I peaked it to see them about 2 weeks ago. It was nice to be able to personally see how the progress was coming along.

Really suprised me that they leave the drapes open, all the lights and the TV on all night though. I was doing a late nite resort photo shoot, after 1am, when I took my peak into the rooms.
Are both the 80's buildings almost done?

They probably leave the TVs on all day and night because if there is a defect in them, they are most likely to fail in the first X hours of use (not sure what the number actually is...it's typically 30 days of normal use). I'm sure Disney would want to weed out the bad ones before guests check in to the room. They might be doing the same type of burn-in with the lighting fixtures/bulbs as well.

They probably leave the TVs on all day and night because if there is a defect in them, they are most likely to fail in the first X hours of use (not sure what the number actually is...it's typically 30 days of normal use). I'm sure Disney would want to weed out the bad ones before guests check in to the room. They might be doing the same type of burn-in with the lighting fixtures/bulbs as well.

Agree, that is exactly what they are doing and it also allows them to off gas the TVs. While I realized that was the case it still seemed strange.

Also, with them making it so easy to view the new rooms, it kinda took some of the fun out of it. I wanted to feel like I was sneaking a peak and doing something I really wasn't supose too. :rotfl2:

With them upgrading the size of the bed's to queens, what actually separates CBR from POP? I know the rooms in CBR are slightly larger, but there isn't enough extra space to justify the price difference to me. The whole reason we were chosing CBR over POP this trip was because I'm too large to fit in a full size bed comfortably and the wife and I did not want to have to sleep in separate beds while she shared a bed with a 10 year old that sleeps like she is having a seizure.

After seeing they were upgrading the beds at pop to queens we changed our reservations, it saved us almost $500. We are not going until the end of January so hopefully all the reno's will be completed by then.

Do you think they will "upgrade" POP to a moderate after they finish the reno?

With them upgrading the size of the bed's to queens, what actually separates CBR from POP? I know the rooms in CBR are slightly larger, but there isn't enough extra space to justify the price difference to me. The whole reason we were chosing CBR over POP this trip was because I'm too large to fit in a full size bed comfortably and the wife and I did not want to have to sleep in separate beds while she shared a bed with a 10 year old that sleeps like she is having a seizure.

After seeing they were upgrading the beds at pop to queens we changed our reservations, it saved us almost $500. We are not going until the end of January so hopefully all the reno's will be completed by then.

Do you think they will "upgrade" POP to a moderate after they finish the reno?
The renovations are not scheduled to be done until April or so; that being said, if you make your only request a refurbed room, you have a good chance of getting one.

We booked Pop for March for the first time because queen beds are our preference as well, so we have stayed at POR, CBR and AKL. We are looking forward to checking it out.

There is speculation that the resort categories will disappear with the changes to POP, CBR, gondolas, etc. Only Disney knows... :)

The renovations are not scheduled to be done until April or so; that being said, if you make your only request a refurbed room, you have a good chance of getting one.

We booked Pop for March for the first time because queen beds are our preference as well, so we have stayed at POR, CBR and AKL. We are looking forward to checking it out.

There is speculation that the resort categories will disappear with the changes to POP, CBR, gondolas, etc. Only Disney knows... :)

I will be using the touring plans people to request my room so hopefully they can pull it off. I am not familiar with the gondolas, where are they putting those in?

We stayed at CBR for our honeymoon in April of 16 and we went resort hopping to see what we were missing out on. The themieng at CBR is nice, but I personally do not think that it compares to the themeing of the other moderates. POR was so much prettier IMO. I would not be surprised if the All-Stars remained the only "value" resorts and AoA and POP got boosted up to moderate rates.

With them upgrading the size of the bed's to queens, what actually separates CBR from POP?
The big thing that distinguishes CBR from Pop are the pools. CBR has pools with two water slides and more unique theming than Pop. Also possibly the dining? I am not sure if CBR has a TS restaurant. We've never stays there. For some reason I think it doesn't. I think it might offer more choices, though, that Pop (although Pop has a great food court. My family loves it!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter