Pop Century Room Renovations

A little stale info, but on Friday, February 17, building 5 (including the preferred pool section) was sure looking like it was headed toward opening fairly soon. I was thinking since the curtains were hanging in the rooms (wrapped, but hanging), they must be getting pretty close.

Building 4 was still in use by guests on that day.
Thanks! I was there in late Jan and it was in a similar state so hoping we hear something definite soon. It sounded from a post last week or the week before that someone might have been in Building 5 but we don't know for sure and haven't heard if they were, if the balance of the rooms have been opened yet.

LOL - if I didn't live 22 hours away I'd run over and check! ;) It's tempting though......

Hello all ! I am going to Pop for the first time next month. I really would love a refurbished room, I have a preferred view booked. What are the chances of them being done? Ive been reading that the 50s building is closed but are 70s or 60s completed? Also, I would like to have some things delivered to the room, such as water bottles to take to the parks. Is amazon prime now the best way to go? Thanks !!!

Hello all ! I am going to Pop for the first time next month. I really would love a refurbished room, I have a preferred view booked. What are the chances of them being done? Ive been reading that the 50s building is closed but are 70s or 60s completed? Also, I would like to have some things delivered to the room, such as water bottles to take to the parks. Is amazon prime now the best way to go? Thanks !!!
They haven’t started working on the 50s yet. They are still working on the buildings in the 60s.

Sorry, I don’t have an answer to the question about Amazon Prine but about preferred rooms, please refer to Post 2 on page 1. It gives all the current details about the refurbishments. The map included there indicates where different room categories are located too. At this time the 50’s section is still fully open and none of the rooms there are refurbished.

We just returned from a 5 night stay at Pop century! I have stayed here a few other times in the past just for reference and always enjoyed it. We req 70's and ground floor on the req form and faxed a form from touringp lans req 70's, ground floor, refurbished room in the notes. We got a text at 4 (right before our arrival) saying to see the front desk for room assignment. We went to desk and they scanned my moms band and said oh thats why you had to come here? Still dont know what the problem was it worked fine at magical express. We were assigned a room in 50's ground floor. I asked if there were any refurbished rooms open in any building. NOPE. Well I tried, we also said no to housekeeping and shortly received a $40 gift card via email. THe room was fine, very dusty in obvious spots the remote looked like it had been under the bed and discovered 2 years later there was so much dust on it. I thought that was strange. The 50's pool was closed the entire time. The construction of both 60's buildings was in full force saw lots of action during the day, beds coming in and out but they looked very organized. We were by the kid splash pool on Friday and heard circular saw noises etc. Most rooms still had checklists on windows and no curtains. The room was fine, suited our needs and nothing major wrong with POP, buses were timely food court ok never too crowded. The biggest annoyance was with bell services our amazon prime order got delivered at 8pm and I was there at bell stand and the man said oh well bring it to your room, there was water and soda so I thought great! Went back to room and waited.....and waited.. called down at 9:45 and told them we needed to go to bed he said ill bring it now. Went down there at 10:10 and it was on cart my mom followed them to our room and they unloaded it. We were missing a bag from our order. She went back down there and searched with them for it, (they were insisting there couldn't have been another bag) We found it eventually on a shelf. Had I known it was a 2 1/2 hour process that late at night and such I would have brought it myself lesson learned. I;ll stay here again in the future. Really would have loved a new room this trip though! Hoping the rates dont get jacked up even more once the sky tram gets installed.

Thanks for the update. Can you confirm if all of building 4 was under construction? Did the rooms facing the splash pad and hippy dippy pool have papers in all of them or only some? Trying to get an update on the status of the returns gor post 2.

Sorry fit the challenges you had. Never fun, especially on vacation.

Thanks for the update. Can you confirm if all of building 4 was under construction? Did the rooms facing the splash pad and hippy dippy pool have papers in all of them or only some? Trying to get an update on the status of the returns gor post 2.

Sorry fit the challenges you had. Never fun, especially on vacation.
I know you didn’t ask me but we are here now so I thought I would answer. I’m not sure if all of building 4 is closed but I saw some rooms facing the hippy dippy pool that I didn’t think had the paper on the window. I think I saw some with the new curtains too.

It sounds like the room renovations have rendered the floor unusable for an air mattress (not enough space). Do you think there could be room if you didn't pull the Murphy bed down? If the chairs were moved out of the way, could a couple small air mattresses fit on the floor there?

It sounds like the room renovations have rendered the floor unusable for an air mattress (not enough space). Do you think there could be room if you didn't pull the Murphy bed down? If the chairs were moved out of the way, could a couple small air mattresses fit on the floor there?
I’m not sure you would be able to with the table still being there

We’ve been here 4 nights. Opted out of mousekeeping, got my gift card and so far twice we got to the room at night and the bed was made, towels changed and thrash taken out. Pretty good deal so far!

Just made our room request for our April vaca.... hoping for a refurb /60s room. What do you think our odds are?

Sorry, I don’t have an answer to the question about Amazon Prine but about preferred rooms, please refer to Post 2 on page 1. It gives all the current details about the refurbishments. The map included there indicates where different room categories are located too. At this time the 50’s section is still fully open and none of the rooms there are refurbished.
is that the map thats on page one of this thread or is there a totally different one that im missing?!

Just made our room request for our April vaca.... hoping for a refurb /60s room. What do you think our odds are?
My guess is that building 5 in the 60's will open sometime within the next couple of weeks. But I don't think building 4 in the 60's will open till at least the end of April.

Is it possible for anyone currently there to measure the depth of the bed frames at the corners? We were thinking of bringing part of a pool noodle to protect our shins, as I bruise easily, and need to know how large the wood is to make sure it will fit.

Thank you.

Maybe. Are you talking twin size or child size? You might be able to get a couple child size in if you position them so the head is toward the window and the feet going under the table (one under the table, and one would fit between the end of the table and dresser). I don't think two twin size would fit.

Maybe. Are you talking twin size or child size? You might be able to get a couple child size in if you position them so the head is toward the window and the feet going under the table (one under the table, and one would fit between the end of the table and dresser). I don't think two twin size would fit.
Okay. I was thinking either camping mattresses or twin or whatever would work. Maybe they'll decide they'd rather try to share a real queen bed than be on the floor. This would be a 19yo and 10yo girl, the 10yo just tends to kick around and move a lot at night. Sigh.

Okay. I was thinking either camping mattresses or twin or whatever would work. Maybe they'll decide they'd rather try to share a real queen bed than be on the floor. This would be a 19yo and 10yo girl, the 10yo just tends to kick around and move a lot at night. Sigh.

Well, you might (emphasis on the might) be able to squeeze one child size air bed in if the 10 year old is on the smaller side. We have not had a connecting room, and there might have been enough room for a small child air bed either along the window wall or where a connecting door would be. Maybe someone who is there now can measure those two spots with the murphy down to give you a better idea. A regular twin would not fit though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter