Pop Century Room Renovations

I am going to request a refurbished room for the end of Sept. What section are they working on now? It might be a long shot but still need to try. Might get a little pixie dust.

I am trying to do Online check in and it is not saving 90's building as an option. I pick 90's 1st then 80's but after i save i go check and the 90's selection isnt there, its blank. Anyone else have this issue?

Didn't see anyone else respond, but it does the same thing for me. Seems like it will only save 1 option....

Does anyone know if the new refurbished rooms have any king beds that are not handicapped accessible? It will just be my wife and I and my 16 1/2 month old daughter who sleeps in a pack and play so we only need one bed. If not than I am calling them in a little bit to request a refurbished room as that will provide us with more room as we will be there for 13 nights.

Most likely, they're not changing the bed size in any room. Or the room configuration. There are 30 non-handicapped rooms with king beds.

Most likely, they're not changing the bed size in any room. Or the room configuration. There are 30 non-handicapped rooms with king beds.

Thank you very much for your quick reply. According to touring plans their are regular king rooms in building 7 but that won't be open yet as we check in on the 10th.

Wow. All this planning and I never knew there were a cowboy scene! OMG. Will need to ask to do this !

A lot of people don't know it exists. It's like a unicorn! :D We saw it during several trips years ago. Then the next several trips (over about a 5 year period), even though we rode it at least twice every visit, we always got the gangster version. I thought maybe they stopped doing the cowboy one because we never got it. So I decided to ask about it at the podium. The CM had us step to the side -- never saying why, but I assumed it was so we would have the cowboy version. We were in the front row of the car so I got to chat with the ride CM while waiting for everyone else to load. I told him we were excited to be seeing the cowboy scene this time. He was a CP and said that he had moved to the Orlando area about 5 years earlier and made many visits to DHS before becoming a CP about 6 months prior to our visit. He said he rode GMR every time he visited. He was thrilled when he got assigned to GMR. He said on his first day of training, his manager handed him a large envelope with the scripts. He opened it and noticed there were two. He looked at the manager and said, "There are 2 versions of this ride????? I've never seen the cowboy version and I've probably ridden this ride over 25 times!" We've ridden it another 5 or 6 times since then and have never gotten the cowboy version again. :)

Last edited:
A lot of people don't know it exists. It's like a unicorn! :D We saw it during several trips years ago. Then the next several trips (over about a 5 year period), even though we rode it at least twice every visit, we always got the gangster version. I thought maybe they stopped doing the cowboy one because never got it. So I decided to ask about it at the podium. The CM had us step to the side -- never saying why, but I assumed it was so we would have the cowboy version. We were in the front row of the car so I got to chat with the ride CM while waiting for everyone else to load. I told him we were excited to be seeing the cowboy scene this time. He was a CP and said that he had moved to the Orlando area about 5 years earlier and made many visits to DHS before becoming a CP about 6 months prior to our visit. He said he rode GMR every time he visited. He was thrilled when he got assigned to GMR. He said on his first day of training, his manager handed him a large envelope with the scripts. He opened it and noticed there were two. He looked at the manager and said, "There are 2 versions of this ride????? I've never seen the cowboy version and I've probably ridden this ride over 25 times!" We've ridden it another 5 or 6 times since then and have never gotten the cowboy version again. :)

Stop it! Youre making me too jealous that I wont get to ever see either version. People also hate all over Ellens energy adventure but I was looking forward to riding it too.

Dont get me wrong I am excited for you guys that get to go to WDW with some regularity that you get new rides but every time I hear someone talk about how much they enjoyed these ride I am so bummed that I wont ever get to have the experience. All I get is construction :headache:

Is there anyone staying at Pop within the next week or so that could possibly do me a favor and snap some quick pics of the poolside locker room situation and the showers? Weird request I know but I need to know if I can utilize this area in my arrival day and I didn't even know these existed until yesterday haha

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

We checked in last Saturday. We are in building 9 with connecting rooms per our request. Building 7 is not completed yet, and they have started on building 10. The bridge was closed on Tuesday night, but when my son took a walk Wednesday morning it was open. We have not been back by there, ,so I haven't seen it for a couple of days. We love the rooms! We are ones to clean up after ourselves, so the floors are clean, and tidy. I like that there is no carpet, and I promise, we are trying hard to keep the grandkids from running, and jumping in the rooms, so they don't bother others. :)

So, I don't know if this has been asked (but guessing it has been)... Can anyone confirm what type/model of coffeemaker is in the room? I'm curious if bringing k-cups is an option? Thanks in advanced!

So, I don't know if this has been asked (but guessing it has been)... Can anyone confirm what type/model of coffeemaker is in the room? I'm curious if bringing k-cups is an option? Thanks in advanced!

It is a Cuisinart and takes pods not cups.

It is a Cuisinart and takes pods not cups.
Ok.... so again, not meaning to sound like an idiot here, but I don't know what those are? LOL Sounds like they'd be the equivalent (but not replaced by kcup), but in the pictures I've seen, it looks like the coffeemaker takes the prepackaged filter bags of coffee? Here's the reasoning I'm wondering... I don't drink coffee, but drink my chai latte (k-cup). My family also likes flavored coffees (variety). If they drink the flavored, they don't need the flavored creamer. If that all makes sense? LOL Not that this will change our decision to stay at POP, but will help with planning/packing. ;)

Ok.... so again, not meaning to sound like an idiot here, but I don't know what those are? LOL Sounds like they'd be the equivalent (but not replaced by kcup), but in the pictures I've seen, it looks like the coffeemaker takes the prepackaged filter bags of coffee? Here's the reasoning I'm wondering... I don't drink coffee, but drink my chai latte (k-cup). My family also likes flavored coffees (variety). If they drink the flavored, they don't need the flavored creamer. If that all makes sense? LOL Not that this will change our decision to stay at POP, but will help with planning/packing. ;)
Yes, it's round filter bags of single serve coffee. Supplied is Joffrey brand coffee and tea.

Last edited:
They do not take K-cups. They are the pre-portioned filter bags

A lot of people don't know it exists. It's like a unicorn! :D We saw it during several trips years ago. Then the next several trips (over about a 5 year period), even though we rode it at least twice every visit, we always got the gangster version. I thought maybe they stopped doing the cowboy one because we never got it. So I decided to ask about it at the podium. The CM had us step to the side -- never saying why, but I assumed it was so we would have the cowboy version. We were in the front row of the car so I got to chat with the ride CM while waiting for everyone else to load. I told him we were excited to be seeing the cowboy scene this time. He was a CP and said that he had moved to the Orlando area about 5 years earlier and made many visits to DHS before becoming a CP about 6 months prior to our visit. He said he rode GMR every time he visited. He was thrilled when he got assigned to GMR. He said on his first day of training, his manager handed him a large envelope with the scripts. He opened it and noticed there were two. He looked at the manager and said, "There are 2 versions of this ride????? I've never seen the cowboy version and I've probably ridden this ride over 25 times!" We've ridden it another 5 or 6 times since then and have never gotten the cowboy version again. :)
I've requested it too, it's my fav! A CM told me at low occupancy times they don't run both sides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter