Polynesian or Caribbean Beach ?!?

Poly has 2 “Bathing Spaces,” but only 1toilet. The extra room is a sink and shower only. And there is only 1 Queen bed, a pull out sofa bed and a drop down smaller size bed. All for $1000 more.
Well the resort is a monorail resort with a much nicer pool, better restaurants, it’s a true deluxe it’s not only about the room.

Last edited:
Well the resort is a monorail resort with a much nicer pool, better restaurants, it’s a true deluxe it’s not only about three room.
What does “ it,s not only about three room” mean?
I too prefer Poly. I didn’t say I didn’t.

Personally, I would price out all of the other deluxe and deluxe villa resorts to see if the cost comes down from the Poly price. The Poly is lovely, but, IMHO, it's really loud and has become really overpriced. Take a look at CR, BRV, YC/BC, BWI, BWV and BCV. They are all really lovely. Nicer than CBR and, usually, less expensive than Poly.

We are only in the rooms so much....Sleep shower..a little pool time. Save the money go moderate. We usually stay at POP. Hard to spend the xtra $$ on something that all is the same with the lights out. However, Its GREAT to visit and stroll through the Poly, Contemporary and Grand Floridian. but IMHO, moderates are great resorts.
POFQ is imho ...the best resort at WDW.

Polynesian is our all time favorite.

I would 100% choose Polynesian Village Resort.

The Poly is my favorite as well and it would also be my choice without hesitation. We stayed at CBR many years ago and while we had a great time and loved the resort, there's nothing quite like the Poly, IMO. We've stayed at all but 2 of the deluxe resorts (CR & YC) and while we've had great stays at all of them, the Poly will always be my favorite. If the extra cost is doable, I'd go with the Poly ;).

The Poly is small and has a great location. And nothing compares to watching the fireworks from the beach right by the main pool. You can also walk to the TTC and hop on the monorail to Epcot.

I agree :thumbsup2

Did you stay at the poly before they updated the pool area? They added a whole new area.

My problem with the pool at CBR is how far away it is from the standard rooms. It is nice but it can be quite a hike from your room.
When we stayed it was still the old pool area, but we have visited POLY a number of times to eat at O'Hana's and thought the new pool area was just okay. Our DDs would like to go on the slide but as far as the layout it really is nothing special. Reminds us of CSR's except with a volcano instead of a pyramid and a bit smaller. Our family likes pools that are more then just a big pool. CBR's pool, you walk/swim between water canons and under a bridge etc. The CBR pool is not far away from all standard rooms, plus I believe the farthest walk is about 10 minutes and if I cannot walk 10 minutes then I really need to exercise more, which actually means to start exercising:laughing: Plus, it's a studio with 1 bed vs a room with 2 and we much rather have 2 beds.

Haven't stayed at the Poly (its on my bucket list for sure though!) but I will never stay at CBR again unless of course the refurbishing has changed it tremendously. We were not fans at all!

I didn't like my stay at Poly so I wouldn't pick that. I also wouldn't want to spend that kind of money for only two people to have a real bed. I really enjoyed my time at the Caribbean Resort, I stayed there back in college in 2009 so it's probably changed a lot in 10 years, but I'd always pick more real beds over a pull out sofa. $1,000 is a lot of savings too.

I love both resorts!
I would base my decision on 2 things:
1) Can I afford the $1000
2) How much time will I spend at the resort

16 years ago when we first started taking our kids we spent very little time at the resort and money was tight so we picked a less expensive resort.
These days we spend a lot of time at the resort and money is not tight so we pick a more expensive resort.

We stayed at both last week. The Poly is one of our home DVC resorts. When we extended our trip we couldn't extend our DVC reservation and booked 2 nights at CBR in a Pirate room. I was dead set against this hotel and was sure I wouldn't like it. We both really enjoyed the resort and will go back if the opportunity arises.

I've stayed at CBR two times and the Poly two times, and I enjoyed both. Personally, I don't think the walking distance and transportation at CBR are concerning in the way I sometimes read on the boards. Though, I would definitely add a location request to your CBR reservation. The pool at CBR is great. The food was fine, though it sounds like the offerings have since changed. Cast members were awesome. The Poly is, of course, wonderful--the resort itself and the rooms which are quite a bit bigger than those at CBR. However, it's only if you're going to have time to enjoy the resort and offerings will it be all that different for you. My first time at the Poly, we had lots of pool time, time at the resort where we could pop in for a Dole Whip, unplanned time in our schedule where a quick boat ride over to MK and last minute monorail ride to Epcot was a great and convenient experience, and time to view the fireworks from the beach. It was worth every extra dollar spent. However, if I could do my last Poly trip over, I'd probably choose a less expensive resort. While everything was great, we just didn't take time to "experience" the resort. We were at parks most of the trip. Sure, I loved the convenience of the transportation and grabbing a Dole Whip at the end of the day, but at the end of the trip I felt regret for not having had downtime at the resort, and I felt it wasn't worth the extra money spent. I will say, though, just the fact that you'll have 5 in your party may make the Poly rooms worth it. Sleeping arrangements aside, the rooms are noticeably bigger than those at CBR.

I love both resorts!
I would base my decision on 2 things:
1) Can I afford the $1000
2) How much time will I spend at the resort

16 years ago when we first started taking our kids we spent very little time at the resort and money was tight so we picked a less expensive resort.
These days we spend a lot of time at the resort and money is not tight so we pick a more expensive resort.
Same here. We spend the majority of our time at the resort now, so it needs to be deluxe, preferably the Poly.

This will be our 5th Disney trip, so we were planning on pumping the brakes a little and not just go,go,going and try to enjoying the resort a little. We are leaning more toward staying at the Polynesian now...I also just think the larger room and two showers along with the monorail would be really nice.

Haven't stayed at CBR but we really enjoyed Poly when we stayed a number of years ago. If you intend to spend significant time at MK then being on the monorail is a huge perk, plus we find the rooms at the deluxe resorts much nicer than at the one moderate we've stayed at, Port Orleans (although we really like Port Orleans). And I have to say being able to look across the lagoon at MK is pretty magical. If the cost is doable we'd always choose a deluxe (either Poly or Yacht Club) over Port Orleans.

I actually joined this board to ask this same exact question! We were going to rent DVC points to stay at Poly in September, but when we got Free Dining at CBR it made it a tougher choice. Plus my step-dad has some health issues and I was nervous about renting points. It will be the first trip for my 5, 4 and 2 year olds - fingers crossed I don't regret our decision to stay at CBR!

Last edited:
Another thing is I wonder is what the actual opening date will be for the Disney Skyliner and how that will affect things at CBR...It seems to be moving ahead of schedule from some of the things I've read.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter