Polynesian or Caribbean Beach ?!?

reefer2005

Mouseketeer
I think I know the answer but I wanted you guys input...

I'll start by saying we've never stayed at either location. We are currently booked at both locations on the exact same week in July due to the free dining offer and I'm trying to decide which one to cancel.

The booking at the CBR is a standard room with 5th sleeper, we are a family of 5. I also upgraded from the free quick service plan to the regular dining plan.

The booking for the Polynesian is a deluxe studio standard view that also sleeps 5. Since this is a deluxe resort the dining is already upgraded to the regular dining plan.

So both plans are basically the same dining and length of stay at the exact same time. The Polynesian is 1 thousand more in price. I'm having a little bit of a hard time justifying the extra 1K. So what do you guys think, in your opinion, is the Polynesian worth 1K more VS staying at the newly refurbished CBR?

We have stayed at both. Poly is wonderful. I would stay CBR though. It’s very nice. 1K is a lot of $$. I would put the extra away for my next trip.

I'll start by saying we've never stayed at either location. We are currently booked at both locations on the exact same week in July due to the free dining offer and I'm trying to decide which one to cancel.

The booking at the CBR is a standard room with 5th sleeper, we are a family of 5. I also upgraded from the free quick service plan to the regular dining plan.

The booking for the Polynesian is a deluxe studio standard view that also sleeps 5. Since this is a deluxe resort the dining is already upgraded to the regular dining plan.

So both plans are basically the same dining and length of stay at the exact same time. The Polynesian is 1 thousand more in price. I'm having a little bit of a hard time justifying the extra 1K. So what do you guys think, in your opinion, is the Polynesian worth 1K more VS staying at the newly refurbished CBR?
We didn’t like CBR at all. Polynesian is our all time favorite.

I would 100% choose Polynesian Village Resort.

I would go with the Poly, and for me it isn't even a close call. $1000 is a lot of money, no question. But the Poly resort is just massively nicer than CBR. CBR is huge. And if you have a standard room you can end up with a long walk to the themed pool and food court. I found my refillable mug was a waste--by the time I hiked to the front, filled my mug, and hiked back not only would I have added more steps and wasted a lot of time, my mug would be empty by the time I got back to my room anyway. Many nights I just purchased a pop from the machine near my room.

The Poly is small and has a great location. And nothing compares to watching the fireworks from the beach right by the main pool. You can also walk to the TTC and hop on the monorail to Epcot.

I've stayed at both resorts, and if the money wouldn't put me in a bind, then the Poly would always be my pick over CBR. I've stayed at 9 different Disney resorts not including the Swan and Dolphin, and CBR is my least favorite of them all.

Another thing that we really like about possibly staying at the Poly is that it has two bathrooms! Seems like that would help out so much when getting ready in the mornings.

Only you know you and your finances! Some people can spend the extra $1000 like it was just buying lunch, and some have to add it to their credit balance to pay off over time. And I'm sure tons are in the middle. Poly is 100% better, hands down. But don't let it break the bank!

We have never stayed at CBR, but we absolutely love the Poly. We did stay at CSR once and while we didn't love it, I would probably stay there again to save $1000. My husband would disagree with me. He loves having a balcony and access to the monorail.

Not a fan of CBR at all, if I couldn't find any other moderate for that time frame that fit my family I would absolutely spend the extra 1K to stay at The Poly over CBR.

Poly. Totally worth the money. Just got back from a 5 day there and it ruined all other resorts for us. The convenience and the feel or the resort alone is worth it.

Also, depending on how big the 5th person is, the sleeper at CBR is “child-sized”. It’s too short for anyone over 5’-5’1”. Deluxe rooms have a full length 5th sleeper.

We love CBR! Definitely the resort we’ve stayed at the most, love the pool and the theming, we’ve stayed Pirate Room and 5th sleeper. But...for an extra $1000, I’d choose the Poly ANY day! Poly was my bucket list hotel, and we were able to do that a few years ago. For many many reasons, but for sheer convenience alone, staying on the monorail is definitely worth the extra money, IMHO.

Poly. Totally worth the money. Just got back from a 5 day there and it ruined all other resorts for us. The convenience and the feel or the resort alone is worth it.
I agree completely! Poly one year, Pop the next? It’s hard not to be a bit disappointed!

Another thing that we really like about possibly staying at the Poly is that it has two bathrooms! Seems like that would help out so much when getting ready in the mornings.
Poly has 2 “Bathing Spaces,” but only 1toilet. The extra room is a sink and shower only. And there is only 1 Queen bed, a pull out sofa bed and a drop down smaller size bed. All for $1000 more.

I'm in the minority here, we have stayed at both and definitely would not spend $1000 more for a POLY "studio". We did not find POLY to be all that great. Our DDs liked the CBR pool better. It also depends on how you vacation, do you spend a decent amount of time at a resort or go back during the middle of the day? This factors into POLY having a much better location for a couple of the parks. If you spend every day at the parks and stay there most of the day, why spend $$ on something you're really not using.

Last edited:
I'm in the minority here, we have stayed at both and definitely would not spend $1000 more for a POLY "studie". We did not find POLY to be all that great. Our DDs liked the CBR pool much It also depends on how you vacation, do you spend a decent amount of time at a resort or go back during the middle of the day? This factors into POLY having a much better location for a couple of the parks. If you spend every day at the parks and stay there most of the day, why spend $$ on something you're really not using.

Did you stay at the poly before they updated the pool area? They added a whole new area.

My problem with the pool at CBR is how far away it is from the standard rooms. It is nice but it can be quite a hike from your room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!