• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poly Royal Adventure.ClubLevelBaby!5/14 DIAGON ALLEY BONUS Finale 7/15

Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Diagon Alley looks so cool and you and dh will always know that YOU experienced it before it officially opened!!! Butter beer ice cream will be among the many things I'll definitely experience!! Will you go back to Universal on your fall trip?

Awesome!!!! HP pictures are amazing. Besides looking totally packed, it looks way fun!

When I was in Disney with my band, we did Universal. The kid and I went on RRR, so cool. I almost feel to old to go on that. Mummy was much cooler than I thought it would be, and ET was simply a trip down memory lane. The cue was way cool. My students had no idea what a speak and spell was. Ha!

Awesome bonus report

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

WOW!!! I love your review of Diagon Alley! That settles it...if I can't fit it in during our October trip I'll have to go next year! Gee thanks Elena! :lmao:

And I LOVE butterbeer!! We have actually made it at home it was so good!

Great updates!! That's so exciting you were able to see Diagon Alley early! I haven't been to US for years but am definitely planning on getting back there soon to see all of this HP stuff. :)

I think I might schedule a day at Uni on the next trip to see Diagon Alley. I remember being so blown away at Wizarding World. It does look amazing once again. And I am totally avoiding anything about Escape from Gringotts because I really want to be completely fresh for it. I can't wait to see it. There is something special about seeing it during "dress rehearsal". It's like a VIP experience.

Oh Rip Ride Rockit. This is one ride where cleaning out the pockets and putting stuff in a locker makes complete sense. That first incline lift will empty your pockets in a heartbeat.

WOW!!! The pictures look outstanding! We will have to take the boys there our next trip to Disney. I love the fire breathing dragon and the interactive windows so amazing? I can already tell I am going end up having to buy three wands. One for each boy and at $35 :faint:

Oh wow so glad you got to see Diagon Alley. I have been following the grand opening all day today and looking at pictures never gets old.

RRR is pretty awesome. I was crazy nervous the whole wait though that first incline just terrifies me. Reminds me too much of the rides that go straight up and back down. But I will be back on RRR in September.

I can't wait to get ice cream at DA.

Thanks for the awesome update.

Just definitely aim for getting the ice cream AFTER RRR! :lmao:

Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Diagon Alley looks so cool and you and dh will always know that YOU experienced it before it officially opened!!! Butter beer ice cream will be among the many things I'll definitely experience!! Will you go back to Universal on your fall trip?

It was such an amazing experience, to be able to see it before opening day!! Butter beer needs to be a priority!!! I already have our September trip planned so no US time. But in May 2015, I am hoping to go with my family. I have twin niece and nephew who will be 7 by then. I'm trying to get them into Harry Potter!!

Awesome!!!! HP pictures are amazing. Besides looking totally packed, it looks way fun!

When I was in Disney with my band, we did Universal. The kid and I went on RRR, so cool. I almost feel to old to go on that. Mummy was much cooler than I thought it would be, and ET was simply a trip down memory lane. The cue was way cool. My students had no idea what a speak and spell was. Ha!

Awesome bonus report

The pictures really do look like it was crowded but it really didn't feel that way! Must have been good crowd management!

Mummy is so awesome! The movie is a little dated by now, but that kind gives it a fun, campy quality!

WOW!!! I love your review of Diagon Alley! That settles it...if I can't fit it in during our October trip I'll have to go next year! Gee thanks Elena! :lmao:

And I LOVE butterbeer!! We have actually made it at home it was so good!

You are welcome!!!! You really will be thanking me after you make the trip there! So worth it!

Home brewing beer is quite the trendy thing to do now. I never was interested in that, but if there were home brewing kits for butter beer that would be a whole different story!!! I'll have to google how to make it at home!

Great updates!! That's so exciting you were able to see Diagon Alley early! I haven't been to US for years but am definitely planning on getting back there soon to see all of this HP stuff. :)

The Mummy was the newest ride last time I went to US, that is how long it had been. You will be shocked by the WWoHP(s)!!

I think I might schedule a day at Uni on the next trip to see Diagon Alley. I remember being so blown away at Wizarding World. It does look amazing once again. And I am totally avoiding anything about Escape from Gringotts because I really want to be completely fresh for it. I can't wait to see it. There is something special about seeing it during "dress rehearsal". It's like a VIP experience.

Oh Rip Ride Rockit. This is one ride where cleaning out the pockets and putting stuff in a locker makes complete sense. That first incline lift will empty your pockets in a heartbeat.

I am totally that way with 7DMT! I refuse to look at pictures of even the queue. It takes a lot of restraint, but I want the first ride through to be a surprise!

I am totally with you about the lockers for RRR. This is appropriate! For Mummy? Not so much!

WOW!!! The pictures look outstanding! We will have to take the boys there our next trip to Disney. I love the fire breathing dragon and the interactive windows so amazing? I can already tell I am going end up having to buy three wands. One for each boy and at $35 :faint:

Oh my gosh, start saving up now, because those wands are hard to resist!!! I think I should buy some NBCUniversal stock....

The Fourth of July was here!

We were able to sleep in again (wohoo!) as check out for Royal Pacific is not until 11am. We had a relaxed breakfast and packed up and were in the lobby by 11am as that is when I had scheduled Happy Limo Car service again. We had a different driver this time, who was just as efficient and nice. After a big breakfast and the relaxing ride, I almost fell asleep in the car. We (ok I) perked up though when we crossed the WDW gates!!!

I noticed my dream community was coming up!

IMAGE_107.jpg

Can you imagine living INSIDE the gates? Anybody want to give me a million to fund my retirement dreams? Anyone? :tink:

Not too far from Golden Oak is the Magic Kingdom area and Wilderness Lodge (WL).

IMAGE_108.jpg

We waited a while to check in, but I knew the resort was completely booked. However, our room was ready!!! We were in 1007, which is a first floor room, near the boat dock. Turned out to be really convenient location.

IMAGE_110.jpg

It was Will approved.

IMAGE_111.jpg

We decided to head out and get some lunch and I really wanted to check on the construction on my beloved Poly. The boat this time was huge! A two man crew!

IMAGE_112.jpg

Hello Magic Kingdom!

IMAGE_113.jpg

We then switched to the Monorail.

IMAGE_115.jpg

And as much as I lovelovelove the Magic Kingdom, I was not sad we were not going in! The crowds dwarfed anything we saw at US!

IMAGE_114.jpg

Poly was just a few stops away and immediately you can see the construction.

IMAGE_116.jpg

IMAGE_117.jpg

Traditional Poly pic!

IMAGE_118.jpg

The lobby is completely boarded up. There still is the Poly smell, but it seemed muted. The place was pretty empty which meant no wait at Kona Cafe! We each got the Kona salads and split the Lo Mein dish which was amazing. And for dessert….. Hawaiian Shaved ice!! Poly was offering it today for the first time. The CM said if it is popular enough, they will continue to offer it. The authentic kind has Condensed milk on it. I went for the more boring kind and had them hold the milk!

IMAGE_124.jpg

IMAGE_121.jpg

IMAGE_119.jpg

IMAGE_123.jpg

I was trying to take a picture of Space Mountain on our way back to Contemporary….
IMAGE_125.jpg

When a Monorail totally photo-bombed me.

IMAGE_126.jpg

Once back at WL we explored the creek (which was partially dry and going through renovation) and watched the Geyser. I also swam while Will lounged. I knew the pool would be closed when we went in September, so I wanted to take full advantage! And yes, that means this grown woman went down the slide!! What I actually took away from the pool experience is that I am ok it will be closed in September! I forgot about the “pool party” they have by the Disney pools. I am sure kids love it, but the volume of the announcer is a little much for me. Not so relaxing when there is constantly someone telling the kids to do things. Especially when one of those commands was telling the kids, “OK who can splash the most?!??!”. Just having a quiet pool is fine by me!!!

We showered and changed and got ready for dinner! As I only had 2 weeks before this trip to plan, I knew ADRs would be tough. But, I did not give up and literally was checking California Grill about 5 times a day for dinner. Fat chance, right? Well 4 days before the trip a 5:30pm ADR opened up!! As long as you have your receipt, you can come back for the fireworks that same night, regardless of what time you had dinner.

So now we had a great meal to look for as well as a guaranteed great spot for fireworks viewing.
:banana:

You scored a room at WL, an adr for California Grill, and a great spot for fireworks?! Giiiiirl, you were living right!!!

I noticed my dream community was coming up!

IMAGE_107.jpg

Can you imagine living INSIDE the gates? Anybody want to give me a million to fund my retirement dreams? Anyone? :tink:
You might need a tad more than a million. But, there are homes up for resale already. The "cheapest" one, 3,078 sq ft with 3BRs goes for the pocket change bargain price of $1,749,900! New construction Pointe Verde or Acadia homes are around $8 million!! C'mon on Powerball ticket!!! :thumbsup2

Fell a bit behind but your time at Universal sounds like fun and soooooooooooo cool that you got the "soft" opening for both Hogwarts Express and Diagon Alley! Your pictures look great and the level of details looks amazing!

You mentioned about the Team Members seeming so happy to be there, etc. and that seems to be one of the biggest changes I am seeing/reading about. Don't get me wrong, there are still a ton of amazing Cast Members at Disney but the level of pride in being a CM, on average, seems to have come down a bit while the level of pride of working at US - especially if you are in the Harry Party parts seems to have increased a ton!

Kinda surprised that they didn't have more vegetarian options ... for a new place you would think they would have more :confused3

So .... you are saying you enjoyed the butterbeer soft serve? :rotfl2:

That's so cool they have the shaved ice at the Poly - that would be a great addition to have there especially if it is super authentic to what they really have in Hawaii

Congrats on getting Cali Grill! :cool1:

1. Shaved ice is amazing. Especially the one in Japan.

Good call on doing a cruise around day instead of battling park crowds on the 4th. Although, I think a long line at Hall of Presidents would be awesome to see.

Nice traditional picture.

Golden Oaks. Yes, now that is a retirement plan, or lawsuit settlement plan. Can you imagine?

Loving the report. How did you like the universal hotel?

Oh Lord Elena, I would seriously die living inside the World. C'mon lottery.

I'm actually thinking about WL for a potential upcoming trip. The particular trip is a long shot, but nonetheless, I'm particularly intrigued by the room location to the Boat dock, so I'll have to keep that in mind.

Another Disney bucket list item is to actually see the Geyser go off. I figure staying there the odds go up.

Wow, Cali Grill ressie on really short notice. It really does pay to keep checking. PLUS... Independence Day fireworks? Nice!!!

Look at me! I figured out how to Multi-quote! :cool1:

You scored a room at WL, an adr for California Grill, and a great spot for fireworks?! Giiiiirl, you were living right!!!

In less than 2 weeks notice! I am usually up at 6am 180+ days out. This was a challenge, but a fun one!

You might need a tad more than a million. But, there are homes up for resale already. The "cheapest" one, 3,078 sq ft with 3BRs goes for the pocket change bargain price of $1,749,900! New construction Pointe Verde or Acadia homes are around $8 million!! C'mon on Powerball ticket!!! :thumbsup2

WHAT?! 8 million?! I bet the HOA fees are about the same cost as my mortgage right now. I could literally sell my kidney and still not be able to make a down payment! They should build studio-condos!

Fell a bit behind but your time at Universal sounds like fun and soooooooooooo cool that you got the "soft" opening for both Hogwarts Express and Diagon Alley! Your pictures look great and the level of details looks amazing!

You mentioned about the Team Members seeming so happy to be there, etc. and that seems to be one of the biggest changes I am seeing/reading about. Don't get me wrong, there are still a ton of amazing Cast Members at Disney but the level of pride in being a CM, on average, seems to have come down a bit while the level of pride of working at US - especially if you are in the Harry Party parts seems to have increased a ton!

Kinda surprised that they didn't have more vegetarian options ... for a new place you would think they would have more :confused3

So .... you are saying you enjoyed the butterbeer soft serve? :rotfl2:

That's so cool they have the shaved ice at the Poly - that would be a great addition to have there especially if it is super authentic to what they really have in Hawaii

Congrats on getting Cali Grill! :cool1:

I think Universal was really trying to stick to the traditional English Pub food, so if I went to an actually Pub I doubt they would have great Vegetarian choices for us either.

Ohhhh, that soft serve....so delicious..... I could go on....and on...

I was amazed with how much I enjoyed my interactions with the Team members at Universal. As you know from my TR, our interactions with the CM on our previous trip was just down right depressing. I hope to have better interactions on our next trip. Maybe with lower expectations I won't be so disappointed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter