• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poly or Grand Floridian?

We have stayed in both...we liked the Poly but LOVE the Grand. It all depends what style you prefer. The Poly is so busy due to Ohana. I found myself missing the GF a lot this past trip...we all were. Even my 9 yr old son said that he wants to go to GF instead next year.

We've stayed at both, but prefer the GF over the Polynesian. Not sure why, but we just do. Your bigger question would be is the GF available for your stay? You would probably have to pay and wait for a refund from your Polynesian reservation.

Hi everyone...I have a 10 night ressie at the Poly in 6 weeks time (paid in full)..I am now wondering ,as i always do, have i picked the right one?...I know both will surely be great but i will not be able to do this again for a long time and want this trip to be really special!..Can i please have your feedback from those who have stayed at either of these resorts,or even better from those of you who have stayed at both?..We are a family of 3.(mummy,Nanny &12 yr old girl)...Many thanks
They're both great. It's really a matter of which theme you prefer, Hawaiian or Victorian. I prefer the Grand because I love the theme, and I like staying right next to MK, but there are things I really like about the Poly, too, such as its restaurants and decorative pond.

Loved the Poly in May!

#1 reason I chose it over GF is bc we could walk over to the TTC and ride the monorail to Epcot. AWESOME!!

It was a very relaxing atmosphere. The slide at the pool was awesome too and we loved our view of MK. Both resorts are great choices though!

I have stayed at both and we love both but my pick would be Grand Floridian. It just seems like it is kept up a little more meaning the rooms seem fresher and newer. The beds are so nice. I just love walking around the lobby and it smells so good. I love the GF scent whatever it is. Not that the Poly is a dump it is a nice resort too.

Hi everyone...I have a 10 night ressie at the Poly in 6 weeks time (paid in full)..I am now wondering ,as i always do, have i picked the right one?...I know both will surely be great but i will not be able to do this again for a long time and want this trip to be really special!..Can i please have your feedback from those who have stayed at either of these resorts,or even better from those of you who have stayed at both?..We are a family of 3.(mummy,Nanny &12 yr old girl)...Many thanks
Of course everyone has their own opinion but the poly to me is the best hotel on the planet. Like you're in a different world.

You can't go wrong with either. We just returned from an 11 night stay at the Polynesian after staying at the Grand for our last two trips and it was fantastic. The only time I think I give the edge to the Grand would be at the holidays, otherwise I think the Polynesian has them beat! Our room at the Polynesian was cleaner than at the Grand. The quick service is better, the pools are better, the bars are better.

I do prefer the lobby at the Grand and it holds a special place in my heart, but we were really impressed with the Polynesian.

Both are awesome resorts, but we actually prefer the GF over the Poly. We just prefer the decor and "feel" at the GF over the Poly, though we wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Poly again either!

Loved the Poly in May!

#1 reason I chose it over GF is bc we could walk over to the TTC and ride the monorail to Epcot. AWESOME!!

It was a very relaxing atmosphere. The slide at the pool was awesome too and we loved our view of MK. Both resorts are great choices though!

I second this! The ability to walk to the monorail for two parks is huge for us. The walk to the TTC is lovely, and I'm always glad when we're getting back from Epcot to be able to hop off the monorail at the TTC and walk "home" without waiting for a transfer. Plus the Poly is super relaxing, the pools are great, and there are good family-friendly food options.

As many have said, depends mostly I think on personal preference in the vibe. My parents love the Poly, DH and DD love the GF. I am happy to stay either place. If you can manage a split stay without too much interruption, might be a great time to try it, but I'm sure you will be really happy with your choice!

We have stayed at both resorts and liked the GF much better than the POLY. We have been to the GF about 12 times and POLY only once.

Loved both. GF is a lovely atmosphere, and we have never found it stuffy. Poly is incredible though, we made it our home resort for DVC we loved it so much. GREAT bars.

My first stay at the Poly a week ago. I don't think I will be back, I missed the GF so much for many reasons. Not only I like the Victorian theme better but the level of cleanliness and service at the GF is at another level all together. We found the room at the Poly wasn't too clean and the towel service was so slow we thought we were not getting any before checking out.

Everyone that suggested that it is a personal preference based on theme are right, IMO. Both resorts are awesome! We have stayed at both many times and cannot choose a favourite between them. WE have stayed at every level from standard view to the TPV CL at both resorts.

I would simply pick the one that appeals to me the most when looking at pics online. Save the other for your next visit! ::yes::

Last edited:
Everyone that suggested that it is a personal preference based on theme are right, IMO. Both resorts are awesome! We have stayed at both many times and cannot choose a favourite between them. WE have stayed at every level from standard view to the TPV CL at both resorts.

I would simply pick the one that appeals to me the most when looking at pics online. Save the other for your next visit! ::yes::
good advice

Just returned from a week at the Poly. Very nice but the level of service and cleanliness is not on par with GF. So my favorite was and still is Grand Floridian!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter