*POLL* What are your plans if affected by Disney Closure?

If affected by March Closure or COVID-19 in general- What are your plans? Cancel? Postpone?

• Cancel without reschedule

Votes: 51 15.8%
  • Reschedule to April or May

Votes: 19 5.9%
  • Reschedule to June or July

Votes: 44 13.6%
  • Reschedule to Aug or Sept

Votes: 42 13.0%
  • Reschedule to Oct or Nov

Votes: 44 13.6%
  • Reschedule to December or Jan

Votes: 24 7.4%
  • I have no idea what we're going to do

Votes: 85 26.3%
  • Other - can add additional info in comments

Votes: 14 4.3%

• Total voters
Ugh, I'm really debating this, now- my vacation was set for April 21st, and they've announced nothing since the closure, BUT...

* I'm Canadian, and the borders are closed "temporarily". No idea when that's lifted.
* Possibly having to still self-isolate for 14 days.
* Final payment is coming up soon. Obviously you can still reschedule, especially if stuff like this happens (I have restaurant reservations for September as a back up plan).

I mean, I don't want to cancel now and then it's all "oh, everything is fine now!". BUT, what if the parks reopen with heavily delayed hours or projects?

Any advice?
I just cancelled tonight. We were scheduled to vacation April 21 to 28th. I finally feel peaceful after struggling with the decision for weeks.

Canceled and moved to mid May. I have banked 2018 points that need to be used, or loosed, by end of July. Ill keep pushing forward until then. Though everything depends on everyday life from now until.....

I voted originally for August. My trip is scheduled for May 10-17 (with an arrival at May 9 staying at Universal). I highly doubt at this point the May trip is going to happen, even if Disney opens it will be a skeleton of its former self for a while I believe. As I think about going in August I just don't think we'd enjoy it with the heat. So, now my vote is for May 2021 (which means losing the credits from SW for our flights that expire as of October)...everything else can be cancelled since we booked room only.

Ugh, I'm really debating this, now- my vacation was set for April 21st, and they've announced nothing since the closure, BUT...

* I'm Canadian, and the borders are closed "temporarily". No idea when that's lifted.
* Possibly having to still self-isolate for 14 days.
* Final payment is coming up soon. Obviously you can still reschedule, especially if stuff like this happens (I have restaurant reservations for September as a back up plan).

I mean, I don't want to cancel now and then it's all "oh, everything is fine now!". BUT, what if the parks reopen with heavily delayed hours or projects?

Any advice?
If it's helpful - I believe WDW has moved the final payment deadline to 7 days prior to check in?

I just cancelled tonight. We were scheduled to vacation April 21 to 28th. I finally feel peaceful after struggling with the decision for weeks.

Those are our dates as well, I haven't cancelled yet but I suspect I will be soon as I don't see things getting better.

I was toying with an early December trip instead, but I suspect the parks will be a madhouse and don't want to deal with that. We were contemplating an October trip to Disneyland, if we end up doing that I may just skip WDW in 2020.

JMHO - I don't expect WDW to open before July or August at the earliest.

I had tentatively started to plan a trip in November (no ressies yet) awaiting discounts to come out from various sources before finalizing. I wanted to visit again before the 50th anniversary because I was starting to worry that 2021 was looking too busy! Now I think that the backlog of visitors and late to finish improvements will make 2021 even worse for crowds!

I'm going to wait and see I guess, since my plans are totally flexible.

We're scheduled for mid-May and that's pretty much my limit for Florida heat; further, I've had it with the cooler months later in the year being taken up with pay-extra parties. I won't go if they reopen but on a smaller scale by our trip dates; WDW will still be there when all of this settles down, whenever that happens and if we survive, and we'll evaluate our options at that time.

Yeah, I just moved mine to September as of 30 minutes ago. Thankfully I wasn't on hold at all (which is weird, given how busy I expected every Disney receptionist to be), but... I kind of needed the peace of mind, too. I didn't want to be thinking every possible minute of "what if they decide right before I leave to close again?" or "what if they close the border again?".

I have no idea the condition of the parks in April, either. With no College Placement kids working, what'll even be running/open? Are Meet & Greets even gonna be a thing? It's just easier to wait until September- another six months won't kill me. I mean, it stinks, but I've heard Sept. is just as good as the Spring, and even quieter. Plus just checking, EVERY DAY seems to have availability for dining, so I think a lot of people got squirrelly and decided not to book dining. I had a way harder time finding dining stuff for April when I checked last year.

If it's helpful - I believe WDW has moved the final payment deadline to 7 days prior to check in?
Unfortunately, it's still 30 days prior. I was within a couple days of it.

Annoyingly, the price in September is actually HIGHER, since the discounts for then aren't "live" yet, so I'll have to keep actively checking for them. When I booked this trip in December, Canadians got a discount.

Last edited:
I am in the not sure category. We are scheduled May6-14 at the Fort. This was a celebration for my DD graduation nurse practitioner school and she starts a new job June 15. Also SIL is getting out the military in July and we have military salute tickets already bought so hoping we aren’t out a bunch of money. I can’t see Disney totally screwing us but you never know

as much as i hated to do it, i went ahead and cancelled my trip [april 11-16] with all the uncertainty about all this , i decided it was better to be safe then sorry.

We’re scheduled mid-May. I don’t think that is happening. Now I need to wait for Disney to announce the extended closures so my tickets can be converted to flexible date tickets. I’m not paying extra to reschedule myself, as prices went up after I bought the tickets. No idea when we’ll be able to go. I picked this May for the combination of lower crowds and pleasant weather. DD starts kindergarten in the fall, and I don’t want to pull her, but the summer looks so uncertain right now (and will be hot and stormy).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter