*POLL* What are your plans if affected by Disney Closure?

If affected by March Closure or COVID-19 in general- What are your plans? Cancel? Postpone?

• Cancel without reschedule

Votes: 51 15.8%
  • Reschedule to April or May

Votes: 19 5.9%
  • Reschedule to June or July

Votes: 44 13.6%
  • Reschedule to Aug or Sept

Votes: 42 13.0%
  • Reschedule to Oct or Nov

Votes: 44 13.6%
  • Reschedule to December or Jan

Votes: 24 7.4%
  • I have no idea what we're going to do

Votes: 85 26.3%
  • Other - can add additional info in comments

Votes: 14 4.3%

• Total voters

jbethel77

Mouseketeer
Our family is like many others and had to cancel our Spring Break trip. I was just curious how others were handling the situation. We are still on the fence ourselves. We have AP's that expire May 1st.
So, whether you changed plans before the announced closure or after...what are your plans now?
I'm sure i missed something on the options, so add to comments! :)

Our plans are for the first week of May. In the unlikely event that he parks are closed for that long, we would reschedule to early December.

My plans are for mid-May. If the parks are closed, I will probably have no choice but to postpone to May 2021. I don't think I want to brave Florida in the summer and my ds school schedule doesn't allow for much else unless I wanted to shorten the trip a bit and try Thanksgiving time, Christmas time, or next March for spring break. This trip should have happened last year for his high school graduation, but I couldn't quite swing it and would hate to postpone.

My plans are for early April. A few days at the beach, then a few days at Yacht Club. We have APs that expire in mid April.

At this point, we're sitting and waiting. Probably going to go ahead and go to the beach no matter what. We have a few nights in St. Pete Beach already. Might just have to scramble for a hotel room at the beach if WDW doesn't re-open in time, might not rebook until next March.

We had planned to come the week before Memorial Day, but I didn't want to worry about whether the parks would be open or not so we rescheduled for the first week in September. I wish we could have gone since it was my son's fifth birthday in May, but it's hard to tell what is going to happen and I work in healthcare so I didn't want to expose my patients if the pandemic is still going on and the parks are open by going on a vacation. On the other hand though Food and Wine is my favorite so I'm excited about that.

If our mid-May trip is cancelled we may go the last week in August but I'm hesitant about the heat and hurricane season. If we decide not to do August, it will be next May, but that will mean losing $1800 in airfare that has to be used by October (when we originally purchased it).

We will be rescheduling for Thanksgiving week as soon as I can actually get through. With 3 kids in school and both of us working for school districts, plus a full summer already, it is the best option for us. We have the full week off at both districts that the kids attend and that we work at, and always do a Thanksgiving family vacation.

Plans are for a visit the week of Earth Day. If the parks are still closed but the resorts are still open, I will look into changing my reso from Pop Century to a deluxe resort. I'm only in town for a couple of days--so a resort only trip would still be awesome.

If that doesn't work, I'll probably reschedule for early September.

We outright canceled. We have short trips booked for November and December and, if this subsides, I may try to squeeze something in for Mother's Day weekend. If my DS12's spring travel basketball season is cancelled, we will most likely go for a few days right after school ends. Everything is up in the air at the moment!

I rescheduled to early June. I am breaking my vow to never go to WDW in summer again, but my travel funds for Southwest would expire Oct 17th and I'm a teacher. I know there's a decent chance of airlines giving extensions on stuff like that, but I had to make the best decision with currently available information. There are fairly late evening EMH on at least 3 of the nights I'll be there, so I'll be going with the tried-and-true summer strategy of getting up early, leaving once it gets too miserably hot, and heading back out once the sun starts to go down.

Last edited:
Can't decide whether to go ahead and pick and date and hope for the best OR just wait and see how this all plays out before making any plans. Everything just feels so raw right now. Literally survival mode.

We had planned a family trip so I think if a May does not work, I will have about $4000 in airfare to use and only August for rescheduling. It was a trip for my daughter’s 21st birthday and she is open to still going if only Disney Springs and the resorts are open. Time will tell.

We're April 29-May 7. If the parks are closed, we're thinking strongly about October. We already have a reservation in December (bounceback) but we're trying to jolly ourselves along right now since we were so looking forward to going on this May trip. We're fortunate in that we know we'll go this year anyway--I mean, it won't last until December, will it?--and I feel so bad for everyone whose trips are just gone.

I have a solo trip for mid May. I'm hoping everything levels off, calms down and the parks are open. If not, I'll switch to June. After that I have no idea but I have an AP I'm anxious to use and I love F and G. I'd like to get as much use out of my AP as I can! :) Thankfully I'm flying with points so I can use them anytime.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter