Poll On Ticket Discount

How do you feel about DVC park passes

• The present pass program works fine

• I would like to see discounts equal to FL resident and think we will

• I would like FL resident discounts but don't think it will happen

Results are only viewable after voting.
I too would like to see a better discount program for DVC and I actually think one may be offered. If we are "tracked" by WDW as Doc suggested then they may find fewer DVCers are using the parks! My family just returned from 15 nights, 5 at OKW and 5 at VWL. The other 5 were at CB and the Poly. We found that while at our DVC resorts we weren't in a hurry to go to the parks. We had fun just relaxing at the resorts. My DD and I LOVED sitting on our balcony at OKW watching golfers and with the extra space we didn't feel we needed to get out. We did go to IOA and will continue to (buy 2 days get 1 free). Even though we had AP's for WDW we spent several days out of the parks and we ate several meals in our unit. Maybe if this trend continues WDW will decide they need to entice us a little bit to leave our wonderful resorts. Of course my kids are 18 & 16, if they were little I'm sure we'd still be park trolls but it's just a thought. I love my DVC and the resorts are wonderful but I don't think we'll be buying AP's again (we have every other year since 1990). We have a short trip planned in April with no park passes, just sun and relaxation with a nice dinner out each evening. Maybe WDW will get the idea....hope springs eternal!

If all of these posts are true, and as Doc suggests the can tell our spending habits I think they will provide us a discount. Then again a little pressure never hurt and I have sent my e-mail to DVC requesting a discount. If more followed they might know to check the spending habits of the DVCers and actually determine if they should provide us a discount.

The cost of park passes are very expensive. We will be taking our first visit next year, and the amount we will spend for passes equaled what we paid for 2 weeks of vacation this year!! In order to make a difference, members of this board should start a letter writing campaign (email?) or the results of the poll should be forwarded to DVC. It would seem that if park attendance is down, and from what I read less and less DVC'ers will be attending the parks due to prices...that is information Disney MAY listen to.

Pam,

How I would love for DVCrs to get FLA rates. However, with over 50k members and Disney giving it away for the first 10 years, it may not happen again.

A DVC rep told me never again....... I say, never say never!

I am with DLvisitor. We should all send emails to MS stating that we don't feel it is financially feasible to attend the parks for the whole week of our stay any more. If we also state that Universal is getting more of our money these days, maybe they will see the light. Of course it will mean MANY of us will have to send emails for it to be effective. How about it?

It would be nice if we could get enough folks to inundate them with EMail requests for better ticket prices, but I'm not sure we can. I agree with the majority that we should get Florida discounts but don't think it is a reality. We did buy AP's this last year as we will be visiting twice within a year. When we just visit yearly, however, I know we will buy a cheaper hopper pass and not visit the parks as much. The resorts are so nice and there is so much else to do we find ourselves spending less time at the parks.

Expressing your feelings to DVC can't hurt. However, I have to agree with Doc that if they don't actually see any difference, they have no incentive to offer us a better program. They won't respond to threats to take our business elsewhere, they would have to actually see a drop in what we are spending.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter