How do you feel about DVC park passes

• The present pass program works fine

• I would like to see discounts equal to FL resident and think we will

• I would like FL resident discounts but don't think it will happen

Results are only viewable after voting.

PamOKW

<font color=green>The two most important items for
Playing off of Goofy4WDW59's post...Let's take a poll

We are property owners and I'm sure we would all just live at our DVC resort if it was possible. I guess there is a difference between property owner and resident, isn't there?

Question: How disney would benefit from reduced ticket prices?

Answer: More money for points!:D

You know, if the bean counters at Disney know we aren't expecting a decent pass program we're sure not to get one! Not too many believers in the power of positive thinking here, eh?

I personally haven't chosen as I don't really feel the options fit well for me. I do feel we deserve the equivalent of FL resident rates (possibly excluding the "seasonal" pass available to FL residents as that could effect bookings) and I'm hoping that Disney will have the sense to offer it before DVC members start forgetting about the parks and just hanging at the resorts or finding entertainment off-site...perferrably sooner than later. Do I think it will happen? Well....its not my decision is it? But I'm not going to say it won't because that just puts too much of a negative mindframe on it. Like I said, if the powers that be know its not expected it won't be given.

And, I do think there's something to be said for strength in numbers. Pam, I want to be very positive on this so...I voted for "Florida resident rate/think we will".

I don't like being realistic all the time...that's just boring and life is too short, LOL!!
Remember Walt was a dreamer too...:earsgirl:

Unfortunately, we are dealing with 2 very separate entities here. It's like union and non-union workers within the same company. Do you think union workers are going to fight for the well being of non union workers. Think about it!

As I stated in a previous post, we all have a choice. I do not choose to pay more than $300.00 for an annual pass. I do not choose to pay an average of $50.00 per day to go into the parks (every day) by purchasing hopper passes.

If the annual passes are not improved, for us, we will visit for 8 days and go into the parks probably 1 or max 2. We will purchase IOA/USF annual passes that are much more reasonable, and our money will go to the park that deserves it.

Disney needs to wake up. Competition is a wonderful thing!

PS We love our DVC!:)

I realize "negative" thinking won't help us achieve the goal. It just seems like many people feel we do deserve a better discount and rationalize it by saying we are property owners. Then sit back and wait for us to receive the discount. Well, we waited from the opening of AK until this year to get DVC's answer and it was the "Magical Years Pass". When the free pass program was ending and when AK was not included in the original pass program any of us who tried to press DVC for the expected "new" program were called whiners by many on these boards. I guess it's time for the newer folks to do some whining and see if they can persuade the powers that be that MYP is not the answer. ;) They don't "owe" us anything but it sure would be a nice gesture of goodwill from DVC and might increase park attendance among members.

Pam,

Great poll! I thing that if everyone started asking for it it be closer to reality that a dream. They should offer some type of discount, I have been reading that more people are not going to the Disney parks and I have to say that this will probably be the trend for us as well unless it becomes more resonable to enjoy the parks. I too will probably enjoy those other parks, and things that are available in Florida to see. I have paid for DVC but do not have to buy anything else. I may even start buying park hoppers because of my decreased interest in paying premium prices for the parks.

I too hope they monitor these boards because they may actuall realize it costs them money not to offer these passes at a discount.

We will never purchase the LOS pass, and I think the current 5-year pass is just plain silly. What we are deciding to do for our upcoming trips is buy a 7-day park hopper and only do the parks a couple of times each trip. We will be at BWV for 7 days next summer, and we will spend 2 of those days at Seaworld and Discovery Cove. We will probably spend 2 days in the park, and 1-2 at the water parks. This allows a couple of resort days, where we will probably eat in our 2 BR villa. On future visits, we also plan to hit US/IOA, and other area attractions. If Disney gave us a good deal on the AP, we would probably spend more days in the parks, eating and spending money. I think a rate at least equal to the Disney Club rate would be very reasonable.

Mouseclick I'm with you....even the DC discount would show some "member appreciation".

I agree that even the DC discount would show some "member appreciation". However, if Disney offered it, it would still be a poor ticket discount. 5% is simply not enough.

I am not speaking as a DVC owner expecting to be taken care of. I am speaking as a person who enjoys Disney World. Their ticket prices are ridiculous. In years past, with planning, you could get some deals. But with annual passes up to $369.00 (and the fact that when you renew, that is the activation date) and park hoppers way over priced, enough is enough.

I can understand people who have never been, or been once as a child and returning as an adult paying the high price. But when you visit 2-3 times a year and been 30 or more times, a better incentive needs to be there. We enjoy visiting the parks, but not at that price.

Muushka,

I agree. Although, 5% of $1200 or $1500 is still $60-75. It should be like the FLA discount or at least 15%-20%. We will be there year after year even if others won't.

:) We will be there year after year, just not in the parks every day!

Sitting back and waiting for a DVC discount on passes isn't going to doing anything to make it happen. If the "Disney powers that be" are not made aware of any problems, requests, etc. one can't really expect any changes. I think they do seek out feedback and must be aware of discontent concerning admission passes, but, may not see it as any serious problem--especially if there isn't a large number of people expressing some concern about it.

Many people have posted that they may be spending less time in Disney parks--spending more time and $$money at non-Disney parks, & attractions. I think this should be a concern to Disney/DVC. Why wait until the "numbers/$$$" prove this to be true?? Why not, in good faith, offer a decent discounted admission to DVC members?

I'm going to e-mail /make known to my DVC guide that I would really be interested in a better discount for DVC members. I'm not trying to organize something here, just saying that it would be a good idea for DVC members to make their concerns known about discounted passes.

I'm going to continue to think positively ("A wish is a dream your heart makes...") that the light will dawn on the "powers that be"...AND, they WILL do the right thing here! :) :cool: :)

I have to tell you, I just spent a week at BWV and didn't go into one of the major parks. It turned out to be one of the best vacations we had. We did do Typhoon Lagoon and Disney Quest, but until they come up with a better discount on passes, we're going to spend maybe 2 or 3 days out of a week stay in one of the parks, and it might be Universal or IOA or SW every now and then. The rest of the days will be spent around the pool and the BW.
I would love to go into the parks and I'm really not that cheap but while we're near our "home" we eat a meal or two in the room. I bring my own beer and enjoy a few on the BW while we watch illuminations from the bridge. Same goes for snacks for the kids.
Now if I were in the parks, I wouldn't be able to do this and that would be fine. The money I saved on the passes would easily be spent in the parks and then some I would suspect.

Just blowing off a little steam.
BRING ON A REAL PASS DISCOUNT INSTEAD OF THAT JOKE THAT THEY HAVE NOW!

I would love to received the FRD on passes but my vote was that I don't think that it will happen. I am afraid that Disney is to short-sided when it comes to DVC members eventually not visiting the parks all that much. The discount would certainly encourage us to patronize the Epcot restaurants much more. But I am not going to pay $50 bucks a pop to enter Epcot. We currently utilize APs but since we bought with HH as our home resort, our visits to WDW will be less and less due to the hight cost of the passes and the lack of a decent discount.

As I've stated in the past, until Disney perceives that there is a problem, they are unlikely to provide a remedy. It will take more concrete evidence than some comments on this site to convince Disney that anything has actually changed.

The fact that we comment about discounts on passes here is immaterial if we still buy annual passes and hoppers (or UMP's or Magical Years).

Disney has a very complete database which has detailed information about purchase habits at WDW. They can cross-reference those with AP's and the resorts where they stay (even DVC resorts). They have detailed buying habits whenever we use our roo ID's as a charge card. (If a credit card is used, the information may be harder to find.) They can see PS reservations- since resort and room # is often provided.

If Disney can confirm the comments about not going into the parks, then they will react with some incentive to draw us back. But, until our changed spending habits are known in a statistical fashion, they can maintain a hands-off attitude- since they know that the vast majority are still buying hoppers and AP's- even without a DVC discount.

No easy solution here. If enough DVC members maintain their "or else" attitude and refrain from buying ticket media, then we'll see a change. If they know from our database, that we are still in the fold, then nothing is likely to change in this regard.

With all the other attractions in the Orlando area, Disney should do something for us. The last time we were down we spent twice the time at Universal. We did spend a day at BB also. I would have liked to go to some of the park restaurants, but we ate more off site than on. The couple we were with even spent a day at Busch Gardens. Plus my wife wants nothing to do with the parks at all, being perfectly content to sit by the pool. Maybe if the parks were cheaper.....

I would like to see a more substantial DVC owner discount, but quite frankly...why would Disney offer one. They know that DVC members joined because they plan on returning to Disney. We all joined knowing that the ticket discount was not huge and joined anyhow....because we love Disney. I can't see getting all wound up about getting a discount equal to the FL residents.

We plan on going to WDW for the next 41 years or so....they know they will get our money...why would they want to short-change themselves?? for loyalty?....I think we all established a loyalty to Disney when we signed on all those dotted lines!!!

That being said....I certainly wouldn't turn down a bigger discount if it were offered!!!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter