Votes: 163 21.2%
  • 300-500

Votes: 205 26.7%
  • 500-1000

Votes: 115 15.0%
  • 1000+

Votes: 34 4.4%

• Total voters
I hear you! I wish I had 75 VGC instead of 62, but I’m not *really* complaining. :-)

I don't know..sounds like a growing concern. It's kind of like a medical procedure, best to take care of the symptoms early. Find a 13 point contract and be done with it. Delay and you might find yourself with 175 VGC instead....

We purchased 2 contracts total 420points average $60 per and being Canadian when the dollar was at par.
Niw even if we wanted to add on the increase is way out there.
We did not need that many when first bought. But the deal was so good we did. For the firat 5 years we rented more than half the points. Nevwr had to pay out of pocket for dues.
We now enjoy our 1bdrm stays and the 2bdrm sometimes with friends. Glad we bought the extra when we did.
Now looking forward. Thise years we miggt need more, we will rent or transfer instead of a whole new contract.
UNLESS there is another downturn in the pricing and our dollat climbs again.

Not to encourage you but have you seen the dollar lately AND the lower pricing (compared to this time 2019) on some resorts? ;)
Yes but need our Can dollar at or close to par. Or its 30% more per point for us. Our 420 is still great for our yearly trips. But could always use more.:)

Yes but need our Can dollar at or close to par. Or its 30% more per point for us. Our 420 is still great for our yearly trips. But could always use more.:)

We have 420 alao and purchased resale before all the restrictions even started so our points are viewed same as direct. Our price was about $66 and we use them all over. We mostly stay at GFVs and BW and love all our stays. I could always use more. I think 600 would be perfect for us but that wont be happening. My mom gifted my dh and me the points but I mostly use with my mom.

That would be nice for sure! It's seems to be trending in that direction (not that it would hit par but it's climbing higher than it's been for a while). I'm Canadian too and recently purchased 100pts but would like 220pts more. I'm waiting to see what the dollar + prices do over the next few months.

That would be nice for sure! It's seems to be trending in that direction (not that it would hit par but it's climbing higher than it's been for a while). I'm Canadian too and recently purchased 100pts but would like 220pts more. I'm waiting to see what the dollar + prices do over the next few months.

On our 4th try at a resale contract. The bright side is the dollar has gotten a fair bit better since the beginning of November when I started looking.

I don’t own yet so haven’t voted (I assume the <100 option was for people that at least owned some points).

We’re a family of 6 from the UK and know that we’d need a 3 bed for at least 10nights but ideally a fortnight when we come. We’ve been to WDW about 6/7 times in the last 14years and it’s absolutely my ‘happy place’. I miss it every year we don’t make a trip. But we’d need to buy ALOT of points if we wanted to come for a fortnight in a 3 bed every year. We could buy a house out there for similar money or less when you’ve added in the dues! We’ve also NEVER stayed on property! Only in a rented house off property. But I can’t help but think it would be a better investment than a house. And if we used it 3 times and weren’t as happy on property as we are renting a house, we can sell on.

I had 0 points in Feb 2020, I now have 2000 points :)
2,000!! Wow!! If we bought we’d be needing a lot of points to come for a fortnight in a bed every year. I’m battling with myself about the cost though. How have you justified it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter