Votes: 163 21.2%
  • 300-500

Votes: 205 26.7%
  • 500-1000

Votes: 115 15.0%
  • 1000+

Votes: 34 4.4%

• Total voters
315 points here! We started with 200 direct back in 2006, and then added on 115 on a Disney Cruise the following year. From what I recall, they used to have really good incentives when you added on while sailing. Haven’t stayed at SSR since 2010, lol.

200 SSR
115 SSR

Have 380 in ROFR and already my Right Brain is trying to emotionally justify to the Left Brain why we should add on. After being stuck inside for so long I'm happy that I can at least pay for vacations. Just feels right...

same thing happened to us - I got addonitis after one week into ROFR and we made another offer (this is it though)

College or Disney. When you think about it, are they really that different?

- Both charge you to get in.
- You can get room and board on campus, which is more expensive than off campus, but you lose out on the experience and convenience.
- Both offer an overpriced dining plan that your kids probably won’t use.
- Both are always trying to sell you their branded clothing, banners, etc
- Both have people dressed as characters
- Both have a sports division that isn’t the primary focus but generates significant revenue
- Both strongly encourages using campus transportation
- Both are raising admission prices by astronomical amounts that is several times inflation.
- Both have people who talk and tell stories while your kids listen
- Despite the advances in presentation styles, the material is from books for both

Exhibit A:
View attachment 437301

**For the record, I don’t actually condone raiding a college fund for DVC. I’m just an absurd person who gets carried away with random thoughts.
GO DUCKS!!!

Last September I posted on this thread that we have 285 points between BWV and SSR. Today I changed my vote to between 300-500 points total because our 90 point resale contract passed ROFR last week so we now have 375. We originally weren't gonna add on for a couple of years but the extra 90 points was perfect for us. Lol

Last September I posted on this thread that we have 285 points between BWV and SSR. Today I changed my vote to between 300-500 points total because our 90 point resale contract passed ROFR last week so we now have 375. We originally weren't gonna add on for a couple of years but the extra 90 points was perfect for us. Lol

Perfect. Until it's not. 375 is a little bit of a weird number. It'll only take another 125 to get to 500. A nice round number. 125 at SSR is only several hundred dollars in dues a year...plus Boardwalk prices have been dropping a lot....

We'll see you in a couple months when you change your vote again.

Perfect. Until it's not. 375 is a little bit of a weird number. It'll only take another 125 to get to 500. A nice round number. 125 at SSR is only several hundred dollars in dues a year...plus Boardwalk prices have been dropping a lot....

We'll see you in a couple months when you change your vote again.
You never know you could be right! 8-)

plus Boardwalk prices have been dropping a lot....

Not really, its dropped a little bit but nothing big unless you go out and are buying all those 300+ point contracts that keep showing up. The normal 100-150 point contract people buy is only depressed like $10-$15 which was the normal price like 18-24 months ago.

Not really, its dropped a little bit but nothing big unless you go out and are buying all those 300+ point contracts that keep showing up. The normal 100-150 point contract people buy is only depressed like $10-$15 which was the normal price like 18-24 months ago.

From a peak of about $140 to a low o about $110; 25-30% fall. I've seen a bunch under $110 recently too, there's one in ROFR for $102 I think it was.

I'm going to be the odd woman out in this thread for sure... I have a 25pt resale Boulder Ridge contract purchased in 2009. I'm EXTREMELY happy with my purchase, but I've never had the desire to add more points. (I know... I'm an anomaly).

We’re a young couple with no kids and I managed to convince DH to buy 200 points instead of the initial 75 we were planning. We don’t “need” 200 points, but do I want it? YES! :rotfl2: With 200 points in ROFR, I’m already secretly shopping for more. Addonitis and this forum are contagious!

I'm going to be the odd woman out in this thread for sure... I have a 25pt resale Boulder Ridge contract purchased in 2009. I'm EXTREMELY happy with my purchase, but I've never had the desire to add more points. (I know... I'm an anomaly).

That is impressive! Do you mind sharing your stay habits?

It’s easy for us to use points but managing a 25 pt contract is no easy feat. Proof there’s a contract for everyone and no “right” size there.

That is impressive! Do you mind sharing your stay habits?

It’s easy for us to use points but managing a 25 pt contract is no easy feat. Proof there’s a contract for everyone and no “right” size there.

I bank & borrow and buy OTU points to go for approximately a week in a studio every 3 years. Here's my history:

2010 it was WDW
2013 it was WDW (no parks on that visit - bicycle riding, Segway tours, horseback riding, signature dining, etc.)
2016 Aulani
2019 Disneyland 1 bedroom for 2 nights to experience Star Wars Land opening with reservation (got SUPER lucky with my 7 month out prediction on mid-June opening)
2021 -??? (with the new borrowing restriction and the ongoing potential of the virus, I have no idea...)

Just a footnote - the OTU points weren't offered when I initially purchased my contract, so I did coordinate one small transfer via the DISboards for the 2010 stay. The 2013 stay was a day or two less than a week (if I'm remembering correctly). I'm also a big international vacationer, so I travel A LOT to other destinations. I'm sure that's a significant factor in my happiness with the small contract. I also live in LA, so I visit Disneyland about once every 3 years also.

Just remembered to return to this thread and change my vote - Thanks to Addonitis, and a resale deal that hit our target for #points/$/UseYear!
Now I'm at 475, really close to the next category up in this poll.....:goodvibes
ET :darth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter