POLL: How many DIS are willing to pay to play Wizard101?

Will you pay to play Wizard 101?

• Yes, $9.95/month is reasonable

• No, $9.95/month is too much

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I will say this, after playing for a few days with a subscription, I feel no regret at all. I am also very pleased to see that many of my friends also made the decision to subscribe. Normally I would second guess myself or maybe change my habits in the game feeling like I should play more because I am paying, but no. My gaming habits havent changed at all, like no difference. I sure did play a bunch of hours yesterday though :rotfl: Feeling like I needed to be higher before a grubb run haha.

I feel the same and I also find that i don't have to rush as I don't have that "character wipe" sword above my head anymore.

I don't think it is too much but it is just not my kind of game, I tried it during beta and I don't like the fact you need to play a lot with other people in order to do some quests so to the question will you pay to play, it is a no ^^

Well I did break down today and pay for a month's subscription. But, I'm like others who also want a family plan. I don't mind the $60 plan for myself (if I had it right now lol), But, don't really see paying double that for my son and myself to play. I sure hope they come out with the family plan soon. lol
Kim

I purchased two accounts. Still Jenna Willowblade but now Life/Death. My daughter is still Elizabeth StormWalker now Storm/Life.

Well I sent an email asking how to join the 2 accounts my husband and Mine. Being international we pay an exchange fee for every transaction. Wanted to know now how we could join them to save when buying crowns. Because we pay the difference in the dollar plus conversion costs.

Well they got back to me and are working on it. Can you believe it will take a few weeks because they never thought about this. Yup I was told what a wonderful idea:rotfl:

Can we say that this company is a little too much American. Not that that is a bad thing. But first we could not sign up for paid membership. Took all day for that, now this.

So I think in the subscription area we are still in beta and us international people are there testers.

But it makes sense for crowns if you have a family that each have a different account to join them and buy in bulk for crowns.

Being international we pay an exchange fee for every transaction.

You should know this then... I moved my husband under my account to make it easier for paying as was very suprised to find 3 seperate transactions charged to my account. One for each of our memberships and a third for the crowns we bought...

Just something to be aware of.

Well I sent an email asking how to join the 2 accounts my husband and Mine.........

Well they got back to me and are working on it. .

What I don't understand is how I got mine and my nephew's joined.
I simply asked them to, and voile it was done.

Seriously. I have mentioned it before... I asked and they did it.

I am just confused. Don't take anything I say as a slight. I just can't understand how it was simple in my case and you and other have issues with it.

Could it have been the time i asked (during the 2nd beta after the first wipe)? Was it easier then? Of course the international thing might have a bit to do with it....but Princess is US as far as I know.

IDK. But if you would like, at some time, to cite me as an example of who has joined accounts, I would be happy to help you out.

American companies are always surprised when interest is shown by foreign people. It is a fact of life, just as it is a fact of life that foreigners like to spend money on US goods. I think that they are feeling growing pains that they never thought they would have. But (cough unlike another game) they have tried to be forthright in their answers and not change information once it was given to the populace. They have tried, admirably, to put out fires as quickly as possible.

B+? A-? What do you think?

Well I sent an email asking how to join the 2 accounts my husband and Mine. Being international we pay an exchange fee for every transaction. Wanted to know now how we could join them to save when buying crowns. Because we pay the difference in the dollar plus conversion costs.

Well they got back to me and are working on it. Can you believe it will take a few weeks because they never thought about this. Yup I was told what a wonderful idea:rotfl:

Can we say that this company is a little too much American. Not that that is a bad thing. But first we could not sign up for paid membership. Took all day for that, now this.

So I think in the subscription area we are still in beta and us international people are there testers.

But it makes sense for crowns if you have a family that each have a different account to join them and buy in bulk for crowns.

Belle could you just keep the crowns in your best account? Was just thinking you could buy things and trade them maybe?

I havent seen anyone trade those items, I guess the trades board will be becoming active again soon from this game it seems. I noticed they said zeke would have different items every month, and we also know the halloween stuff is coming.

B+? A-? What do you think?

I am holding at a B+, awaiting the family plan resolve. I would have given them an A already but I was sad to see some people had to jump on the discounted price prior to seeing what they are thinking about with the family plan.

Their willing to listen with an open mind to the players is a really good quality in a gaming company.

Yes Dreamytime I did follow your advice. gave them his login info, his character name and of course they had all my info. Also I used the same credit card to buy both accounts.

Candlz good to know. Seems strange to have 3 separate transactions. Maybe that is what they meant by not thinking about exchange rates and international conversion rates. As it does not change your cost but it does for foreigners who do not have a US account.

I would say the customer service has been awesome. I always receive a reply.

As for trading Aengus you can not trade clothes yet. Or even add them to other characters on your account. We did buy our first set when we arrived in Marleybone. Figured before that it would be a waste.

We may buy another set when we get to mooshu.

What I don't understand is how I got mine and my nephew's joined. I simply asked them to, and voile it was done.

Just out of curiousity, can you and your nephew play at the same time under one paid account? I have a family account where I have added other wizard accounts with different log in and password information but they remain trial accounts. The only way my daughter and I could play the game together was for me to pay for two accounts. I have been asking to get these other wizards transferred over to my paid account but they say they can't currently do that. I have gone as far as I can on the other wizards so they are stuck at the end of the free trial.

I have to say A+ for the game in general - graphics are awesome.

I am at a B- tho for understanding the needs of the community they have gathered. But to give Kings the benefit of the doubt here, it appears that alot of online games do not really know the audience they have garnished. ;)

Hopefully, this is a good learning experience and hopefully they move quick on the family plan situation. I do have my doubts on that tho. I sent an email asking for details in regards to the family plan and also when (and if) it is enacted how will they treat the people who signed up for multiple accounts. Will they receive some restitution? That was last week, and unfortunately all I received was a "Thanks for your suggestions email."

Just out of curiousity, can you and your nephew play at the same time under one paid account? I have a family account where I have added other wizard accounts with different log in and password information but they remain trial accounts. The only way my daughter and I could play the game together was for me to pay for two accounts. I have been asking to get these other wizards transferred over to my paid account but they say they can't currently do that. I have gone as far as I can on the other wizards so they are stuck at the end of the free trial.

Yes we have to pay for 2 accounts (well my brother has taken pity on a poor college student and paid for our accounts).

I sent a follow-up to my family plan question tonight and received the following response:

Hi there!

The jury is still out on the family plan, but the decisions are being made. I wish I had more information for you, but at present we've still not received word on a final decision. I believe that the family plans can be expected, but the details are yet to be announced. Please keep an eye on the site and on your inbox for news on this. We'll try to update this ticket in the case that, for whatever reason, announcements are not made.

I understand your situation and can sympathize completely. Thank you very much for your ongoing patience, and I apologize again for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Mr. Lincoln
Ravenwood School of Magical Arts

I sent a follow-up to my family plan question tonight and received the following response:

I asked again and here is my reply (doesn't look like there will be anything for families any time soon...):

Hi there!

We have received a lot of feedback about this, and we do have folks working on the Family Plan concerns. As of right now, there are no details available, but from what I understand, we aim to have a family plan in the future, hopefully not too far off. I wish I could offer more information, but as it stands, I don't think the decisions have even been made concerning the minutia of the possible Family Plans. I expect announcements on the site and hopefully via email, so keep an eye out for news. I'll try to update this ticket if we don't end up announcing the plans when they become available.

Thanks for your feedback, we do appreciate your situation, and will do all we can to accommodate!

Kind Regards,
Mr. Lincoln
Ravenwood School of Magical Arts

The discounted 12-month subscription is still available; they have not removed it from the purchasing options when you log into your account.

I cannot personally pay to play, because i am a teen and my parents won't pay for it, and there is no way I am paying for it.

Even with the 12 month subscription, I may not be playing next year. Toontown I played for a week, POTC I signed up for beta and have never played, and VMK was the only exception of a game I have played for a long period of time. I dont want to spend money if i dont know whether i will be playing in the future or not. And with the question, $10 a month is really pricey!

Gee, is it too late to open my beta account that I never used?

I'm kidding, btw - I never used it, but don't have any desire to...I just miss having in-depth online discussion about anything. In other words, I miss ya'll. :)

Hope everyone is doing well these days!

Gee, is it too late to open my beta account that I never used?

I'm kidding, btw - I never used it, but don't have any desire to...I just miss having in-depth online discussion about anything. In other words, I miss ya'll. :)

Hope everyone is doing well these days!

Even me? lol Jk, you know. You really should try the game it's a lot of fun. I DO miss the interaction we had on vmk and the room building IMMENSELY, however I do find the game addictive. I am hopeful that they will add more of a social aspect to the game as I miss that. Try it...I think you'll like it. :) Bugs and all.

Just wanted to go offtopic (as I NEVER do) and say hi GG :)

Even me? lol Jk, you know. You really should try the game it's a lot of fun. I DO miss the interaction we had on vmk and the room building IMMENSELY, however I do find the game addictive. I am hopeful that they will add more of a social aspect to the game as I miss that. Try it...I think you'll like it. :) Bugs and all.
Even you, Green ;) I'm actually trying to not play games that are too addictive, so I think that's why I never started with Wizard101. After the close of vmk, I couldn't see myself investing in another game. Perhaps it was the burn of investing my time and energy in a game I truly loved, only to have it go the way of the DoDo Bird...

I'm certainly glad everyone is enjoying the various games out there. The game that hasn't opened yet has me intrigued, so I'll probably try that out. :) Hope to see you there, if you're going to try it out.
Just wanted to go offtopic (as I NEVER do) and say hi GG :)
Well, howdy to you, too Aengus. Or should I say w00tness to you, too. ;)

See you soon, all! :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter