POLICY CHANGE (? 100 day ADR ?'s)

scrapperjill said:
Have you checked out the other dis board...with alot others going on wish trip? I haven't done much this time around...since were staying onsite and not at GKTW. But I got alot of helpful information last year.

I also know what you mean about keeping them as healthy as you can...Not like we don't everyday ;) but when there set to go on a wish tirp...the last thing you need is even more illness. We just had our check up with the specalist...and are set to go back again just 3 weeks before the trip for a final pre-trip check up....We planned it early enough so if there was anything new we'd have time to take care of it. Last year just 3 weeks before we were set to go our dd was put in the hospital for 2 weeks for a illness that popped up...but it was great timming...because she was/would have been in tip top shape for her trip.

I have received lots of great info from the people on the disabilities board. :flower: I actually like the planning process! With my boys medical situations, I can't imagine leaving it up to someone else to plan everything! My Wish coordinator is arranging for a hospital bed and oxygen, but I plan to call and confirm that as well.
I have family members who are meeting us there for the first three days. We are all staying at CBR. Then they will fly home and we will switch to GKTW. I am doing all the planning for everyone since I don't mind.
I am hoping to get the boys and I flu shots at the end of sept like we did last year. And hope for no sickness! When my oldest gets something, it seems to linger forever. It was actually our pulmonologist that said she didn't want us to go in the summer. Then because I'm a single parent( widowed) I have to arrange for the boys caregiver to go with us and see when she could do it. So that's how we ended up with October. Hopefully last year, was just a flukey thing!
After I get the ADRs for the Disney part of our trip, I have to figure out the Universal/IOA reservations since the boys want to do the spidey meal there.
We are under 100 days now!

scrapperjill said:
I will hope this is the case. I'm waiting to call back on my 90day window to try and get a spot. Matter of fact I think my 90 day window is tomarrow :cool1: Was today your 90 day window? And if I understand the new policy....90 days from tomarrow is the day we arrive at a Disney resort...we actually aren't planning on going to any parks until the 20th-21st. So those 90 days are not until tomarrow and the next day (I think :) ) So it looks like I'll be calling early for the few days.

Today(7-20) was my 90 day window for 10-18. Tomorrow I can make reservations for 10-19. I have to make them day to day because I'm staying at SOG which is on property but not operated by Disney. :flower:

I have to confess to being extremely confused by this new system, this is my first trip to WDW and although its not till Dec I like to be clear on whats going on. So am I to understand that now when making PS/ADR's you can ring on the 90th day before your first day of the trip and make all your dining reservations for up to 10 days of your holiday in one phone call OR is it that you can make reservations a 100 days in advance now not 90??? I am really confused about this :confused: Also some people are saying that you have to have your reservation number for your holiday when your make your ADR but I booked through a travel agent with Virgin (I live in the UK) so I have not got a booking number will this be a problem, when I booked LTT for MVMCP they never asked me for a reservation number.

Please help clear up my confusion

Thanks

Its the first one. You can call 90 days before your arrival date and make dining reservations for that day plus the next 10 days of your vacation. 90+10.

WaT05 said:
I have to confess to being extremely confused by this new system

So are the CM's ;) The official line is probably the 90+10 rule. As of late Tuesday, some CMs were still taking some PS/ADRs at the "100 day" (not 90+10) mark.

They did ask for a reservation #, which if cancelled, will also cancel your ADRs. Obviously this is/was not being used to cross-reference the day of arrival.

There have been other posts on the Travel Agent issues... I believe you will need to get the number from your TA.

I just read this on Mousesavers. I'm not sure if anyone has seen this. Plese don't shoot the messenger. :rolleyes1

One significant exception, which began July 21: Cinderella's Royal Table reservations are EXCLUDED from this program. For CRT reservations, you must call at the 90-day mark regardless of your status as a resort guest.

The whole message is:

Disney has made a major change to the Advanced Dining Reservations (formerly Priority Seating) procedures at Walt Disney World as of Monday, July 18, 2005.

Guests at Disney owned-and-operated resorts ONLY (includes DVC stays; does NOT include Swan/Dolphin, Shades of Green, Downtown Disney or offsite hotels) now have extra privileges when booking Advanced Reservations for dining.

Disney resort guests can call 90 days in advance of their day of arrival and make up to ten days of Advanced Dining Reservations at (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463).

One significant exception, which began July 21: Cinderella's Royal Table reservations are EXCLUDED from this program. For CRT reservations, you must call at the 90-day mark regardless of your status as a resort guest.

You will be asked for your phone number or reservation number. The agent will verify in the system that you have a reservation at a Disney resort. Once that is established, you can make all your Advanced Dining Reservations at once, for up to ten days of vacation!

If you cancel your Disney resort reservation, you will be responsible for canceling any Advanced Dining Reservations that required a credit card guarantee or payment. If you do not cancel such reservations, the normal penalty will be charged.

Swan/Dolphin, Shades of Green, Downtown Disney or offsite hotel guests will follow the current reservations procedure. They will have to call back each day at the 90-day mark to make Advanced Dining Reservations.

Wow! I'm a lucky girl! I called on Monday and was able to CRT for lunch under the new system. With the old system (and with the REVISED new system) I would have had to call this Saturday. Hmm. Wonder if I ought to call and check on that ressie before Saturday just to make absolutely sure it hasn't evaporated somehow. Just 85 days to go!

elgerber said:
Congrats!!!!!!!! I got right through on my cell phone, no hold music or anything, I was shocked. And I listened to the menus and entered my phone number. Odd though, I was using my kids cell phone too, and theirs was still getting the "our office is closed" message, as my CM answered my call.

Too funny that you got 5:10 for CP for MNSSHP! I got 5:30 and wanted 5:15 LOL. He said it was because I was a party of 8. He also said, only a portion of the tables are released today, and I could try back at 90 days out when more tables will be released to see if I could get an earlier time.

I so wished I was going for CRT today, since I got through so unbelievably fast, I'm sure I would have gotten it LOL. I was off the phone by 6:15 and I made 6 ADRS.

Haven't I also heard they sometimes release more times about 30 days out?

OK, up early again today, as it was 90 days for the CP time that I wanted. So, I called again, and still could not get anything other than the time I already had for a party of 8. Oh well, 5:30 it is I guess.

I got straight through again, no wait at all, while my second phone was still getting the "office is closed" message. That is so odd. Again I was wishing I was looking for CRT since I got through so quickly again :sunny: .

has anyone else been having lunck with booking all at once? maybe no one is in their 90 day window as of late...

I called yesterday...the "90day" window from when were arriving...and had NO problems booking the rest of my times/places....except for CRT...still wasn't able to get that one. I gave up at this point..and didn't call again today (90 days from the actuall date we wanted)...but I think I may try again in the morning...to try for our second day...We have CP at 8:10 am our first day... and dinner in the castle that night....so We are getting to eat in the castle....just not with the princesses. :rolleyes2

I read this on Mousesavers the other day...

I also heard that CRT wasn't eligible for this and you still have to call 90 days out...

I think the post on mousesavers....is fairly new...as of two days ago it wasn't there. (at least I sure don't remember seeing it there) ;)

Hi, Just wanted to let you know that I too read the post yesterday on MouseSavers, however today was our 90 day mark and we called.

We got our ADR for CRT for Oct 29th at 8:20. We are checking in on the 21st. I don't know if it was good luck or the post in MouseSavers is not true but we got them!

On second thought, must've been good luck... we are from Guatemala, (spanish speaking) and when we got to the part of giving our billing adress and hearing us strugle saying that in english she said "No te preocupes, yo hablo español!" :cool1: :goodvibes She was great!

My advice is, even with that post, just try on the 90 days before your check in date....

On third thought... IT WAS GOOD LUCK, we weren't on hold at all! :bounce:

I'm so happy! our trip is to celebrate DD-will-be-4 birthday! and of course, she loves the princesses! and it will be the icing in the cake to be with them on our last day at WDW!

have a great weekend!

Karla

when I booked LTT for MVMCP they never asked me for a reservation number.
I don't think that has anything to do with your room res booking.
I am not staying overnight on site at all and bought MNSSHP tickets for Halloween the day they went on sale. When I bought my tickets over the phone, I also booked dinner at LTT.
I made that PS/ADR way over the 90 day mark.

I haven't read all of this tread, but wanted to share what a CM told me today. I was changing dates for our resort stay, and she said she just wanted to let me know that as a Disney resort guest, I could make ADR's at 100 days prior. I think some people have been able to and some have not (if they were not staying 10 days).

Today was my 90 day mark and when I got to my day for CRT for lunch I asked if I was allowed to book it with the 90+10. She said "absolutely... we set a few tables aside for hotel guests." I was thrilled because otherwise I would have been playing the phone game on Wed. morning.

I was NOT able to book Wolf Gang Puck's or Planet Hollywood early. She stated that since they are not Disney owned restaurants that I would have to call back for those on my 90th day out. Still getting Cindy's without any of the hassle was well worth it!

Well I finally reached my 90 days and was able to book my whole vacation. I got through on two phones first thing and the CRT breakfast was sold out for my entire trip already. I asked about other tables opening up on the 90th day and the CM had no clue what I was talking about.
Jill - did you manage to get on on the 90th day? I think you were calling back each day right?
I did get a late lunch which is fine as we have never done the lunch before but the breakfast menu appeals to me more! So I feel relieved now that I am mostly booked although I know that once the hours come out I will be calling to change!! I did book 1900 PF for dinner for 12 with no problem...and he could have done a Wishes cruise for me as well, although he said it only holds 10 people and I would have to leave to at the dock so unfortunatley we can't do that. I am pretty bummed as DD loves fireworks and this is her birthday gift. I guess we can walk out somewhere at the GF and watch them.

lillygator said:
Well I finally reached my 90 days and was able to book my whole vacation. I got through on two phones first thing and the CRT breakfast was sold out for my entire trip already. I asked about other tables opening up on the 90th day and the CM had no clue what I was talking about.

Sorry you didn't get CRT...I still think this new policy doesn't keep everyone on a level playing field at the 90th day. I would keep calling though..good luck! :sunny:

The new policy continues to be inconsistant, unfortunately. Some are still getting PS over 90 days...which makes getting CRT at 90 days almost impossible.

If they do not fix this problem by the time I call for my Nov/Dec trip, I'll be calling at 100 days to see what they'll do for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter