POLICY CHANGE (? 100 day ADR ?'s)

PrincessParty

<font color=blue>It's Cats, a Bird, and a Turtle O
I am a newbie to posting, but have found this site a wealth of information. Now that my 90 day window is rapidly approaching, I did a practice run last night to get used to the prompts. I spoke with a AR maker who explained the breakfast times, the harder restaurants to get AR's for etc. He said that starting July 18th you can make all your AR's for a 10 day window. (Meaning if you call on July 18th you can make AR's for 7-18 to 7-28.) He explained that on the first day of your 90 day window you can make all of your AR's for up to a 10 day vacation. Anyone else hear this? Like I said, I am new and could be confused, hence my ?. Thanks.

When I started making my ARs last week I accidently tried to make one that hadn't approached the 90 mark. It would have been the 3rd day of my trip. The CM told me that he couldn't do it until the next day. I've never heard of being able to do the whole trip at the beginning of the 90 mark. If this is new then it has only been happening in the last 5 days.

First of all, welcome to the DIS! :wave: I'm glad you've found the information here helpful. And it looks like you may have already paid it forward! I had not heard of this new policy, and it looks like you may be the first to share it with your fellow DISer's. :)

I hope the CM gave you good information. A new policy like that would save us from having to call back repeatedly to make ADR's.

I don't know if I will like that or not! I have a couple of things planned that are hard to get and that sounds like it will make it worse! How am I supposed to spit out all of my hard to get ressies for a 10 day span and not miss half of them?

I guess it will be nice to get them all booked at once, but then many of us will still be calling every day to scrounge for cancellations.

Tikkipoo-
That's my 90 day window, too! Technically it starts the 17th, but all I need to call for on the 17th is a Fantasmic package. The hard stuff will start 10/18. I guess we'll see how it goes! :)

FWIW, I just called Dining and my CM hadn't heard anything about that. Guess I'll be dialing like a madwoman on 7/18!

I think it will make getting CRT and harder to get ARs even harder to get. All those whose 10 day trip starts Oct x will get all the CRT ARs before those with a 4 day trip whose trip starts Oct x+1 even get a chance!!!!

Not necessarily. If I am arriving on Oct. 20 and you are arriving on Oct. 25 and we both want a ressie for the 26th we would BOTH start calling on July 24! It will be more like a 100 day window. They don't ask you when you are arriving, so that doesn't matter. But now everyone will really be fighting for the good ressies since they will book up all at once. If I call today and CRT is booked then we all start on a level field tomorrow. If they change the rules and CRT is booked when I call then it may very well be booked for 10 days solid, depending on what days other people are asking for on the first day you can call.

Next week I would call for CRT on Tuesday (under the current rules). But if people are able to book blocks of ADR's starting Monday then everything from Oct. 16th through the 25th may be booked solid by some time Monday morning. That's not good! I'll be calling on Sunday anyway for my Fantasmic package, so I will ask the CM about the 10 day thing. If I call Monday and I miss all the good ADR's because my CM doesn't know about the policy change I will be VERY ANGRY.

PrincessParty said:
He said it would start July 18th.
Oops! I missed that part! If true then this would be great. I would love to call one time and get everything taken care of. Thanks for the info and welcome to the DIS!

Actually this last round of AR's that I made I was asked everytime where I was staying and when I was arriving.

cobbler said:
Actually this last round of AR's that I made I was asked everytime where I was staying and when I was arriving.

I've always been asked that. I thought that was standard.

I hope they don;t start that 10 window policy. Like an OP said, the whole 10 day CRT may get booked up on one day. At least now you can every day & you have a good chance of getting it.

Keep us posted...(I would wait for offical confirm from WDW on this as there is another thread here saying adr's can be done 60 days out now.)

Edit: Thought about it more.

It will simply result in calling in at 7am 100 days out on each successive day instead of 90 to get what you want.

If indeed they check up on it and create a system where they won't let you make one untill your 90 day window starts from check in, and you need CRT, you just call at the 100 day window and lie. Dining plan... Uh no. Which resort you at... Off site... Thank you Mr. Smith Do you have any more... Uh not at this time, I'm still deciding.

I'm glad to see this posted. I booked a trip yesterday through a AAA TA, and called her today to give her my deposit. We were talking about the dining plan, and she said, "I just heard yesterday that you will be able to book all of your meal reservations at once based upon your arrival date instead of calling every day".
I "think" she said 90 days out (the date she gave me was Oct 27 and we arrive Jan. 25), however this is the first time I have ever worked with her so I wasn't sure how accurate this info was.
Honestly, my first thoughts were, "This can't be true, or else I would have already read about it on the DISboards!"

I wonder if the CM was new and just didn't understand the system properly.

One thing that makes me suspect this is that 7/18 is not 90 days from 10/18! :rotfl2:

BTW, everyone should realize that you don't have to call 90 days out except for the super popular things like CRT. I usually call at about 80 days out and get everything I want.

Next trip I do want CRT lunch so I'll be doing the 6am CST this week. :sad2:

Cannot_Wait_4Disney said:
Edit: Thought about it more.

It will simply result in calling in at 7am 100 days out on each successive day instead of 90 to get what you want.

If indeed they check up on it and create a system where they won't let you make one untill your 90 day window starts from check in, and you need CRT, you just call at the 100 day window and lie. Dining plan... Uh no. Which resort you at... Off site... Thank you Mr. Smith Do you have any more... Uh not at this time, I'm still deciding.

Why do i sense another not so well thought out Disney change or we are missing some important point. Are they setting this up to make the best restaurant reservations another perk of staying on site? Because unless they are matching you to a reservation, you are right on point that everyone will need to say their trip starts at whatever the longest trip possible is. But even if they want to let people on site go first, what stops people from booking a "split trip" at 2 resorts and then cancelling the 1st hotel after they have what the want for part 2 (the real trip).

I don't know if that would make them harder or easier to get, maybe harder for people who don't know about it, since all the guide books say 90 days.

Well, my guess was certainly wrong. It IS a new policy but it doesn't start until 7/18. That must have been what Princess Party's CM meant. My bad.

Anyway, you will need to enter your reservation number into the phone to indicate that you actually have a reservation 90 days.

In addition, if you cancel your reservation, all your ADRs will be cancelled as well. So no trying to get an advantage by lying! That's a good thing. :love:

Thanks for the heads up, Princess Party. I am going to have to get our ADRs organized rather quickly but not as quickly as I feared.

And thanks to CM Nancy Kay who checked with her supervisor to get all the info for me.

Princess Party, would you consider changing your title to indicate this is a new policy. I almost didn't open it because I thought it was another one about CRT. ;) This is big news for those of us who are WDW restaurant fans and you're breaking the news!!!

And WELCOME to the DIS!!! :cool1: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter