Point Shock! Grand Floridian

It is technically possible to take a trip that uses 4 years of points, IF that trip spans the end/beginning of 2 UY..but I certainly would not buy for that specific purpose.

Reallocation showed the best plans do not always work for those every 3 year plans.

It works very well for us.

Very cool to hear from someone who sctually does the 4 UY trip!

My concern (and it applies to the every 3rd year people, too). If/when DVC reallocated points, your old trip may cost more or less points. At that point how do you get more points or do you just not use extra points?

Very cool to hear from someone who sctually does the 4 UY trip!

My concern (and it applies to the every 3rd year people, too). If/when DVC reallocated points, your old trip may cost more or less points. At that point how do you get more points or do you just not use extra points?

So far it has always worked but because we actually travel every two years we have the options to bank or borrow a few more or less so small point adjustments don't bother me. I don't need to have exact points as we can bank. As we fly from London flying out to MCO and home from Las Vegas works very well so we can do both WDW and VGC in the same holiday. I have a way to use all my points for the next several years and there is always a way of making it work. Sometimes it means a few nights in a 1 bedroom instead of a 2 bedroom. Or sometimes we will upgrade to a 2 bedroom but it seems to work. It helps we have two and will have three home resorts so I tend to be always booking at 11 months and my holidays from work are always the same weeks. We are very flexible, we love split stays and would move to a different resort if need be to make the points work.

Also once the kids eventually move on and we travel as a twosome we intend to go September so we have more flexibility to go every 2 years instead of 4.

I agree that traveling only once very 3 or 4 years would be much more complicated than what we actually do.

I'd be curious to try an 4UY trip, but with an April use year, it's not a great time to travel. Sometimes I take my wife somewhere for her birthday (like Aulani in 2012), but unless we could get a September use year, I don't that working too well for us. Maybe we'll try it some day. It would certainly stretch our 60 points to the max!

Doing an every 4 year trip is a very specific and risky venture. As noted, you've got to travel and span the UY. Then you're got to use every point from all 4 years and never have an issue you have to change or cancel. You have to own a specific amount of points and hope there's never a reallocation. IMO, it's too risky as to make it not reasonable even for those that it seems to fit. Even every 3 years is a pretty big risk.

It is amazing how opinions can differ. We are not GF regulars, stayed there only once, but loved the place. Bought VGF, and we are not wealthy people. I don't recall what the GF rooms look like, but we loved the VGF villas, thought they were lovely.

I am just glad not everyone loves them, but based on how the rooms have booked up already, I would say a lot of people do or are at least going to give it a try.

I don't think Disney missed the mark at all, but time will tell.

I think it is lovely and its all personal opinion. I hear it is selling very well, so I guess someone likes it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter