• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Podcast Cruise 2.0 Thread FIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooo...47 more posts and I can hit 2000...wonder if I can do it today???

Morning! Frost on the windshield this morning. Cranked up the space heater in my office as soon as I got in. Plan on making it sub tropical by 8am. :cold: Guess I should start wearing shirts with sleeves?:confused3

We are expecting frost tomorrow morning. It was 60 here this morning but tomorrow morning is to be in the upper 30s to low 40s.

I wear layers to work, that way I can modify for what ever temperature my office is. They have been replacing the heating system for the entire University since it was turned off last March and I was told yesterday by one of the University HVAC guys, that they won't be able to turn the heat on until sometime in December. Normally they are making the transition this month.

Guess I should start wearing shirts with sleeves?:confused3

Are you channeling Paul by going sleeveless?

I wear layers to work, that way I can modify for what ever temperature my office is. They have been replacing the heating system for the entire University since it was turned off last March and I was told yesterday by one of the University HVAC guys, that they won't be able to turn the heat on until sometime in December. Normally they are making the transition this month.

Universities are the worst. Seis meses de invierno, seis de infierno. 6 months of winter. six of h@#$. Turn AC full-blast during summer, heater full-blast during winter.

When did #700 happen?

Good Morning Everyone...nice day here...temps not too bad...in the low 50's.
7 weeks from today I will be cleaning up my desk and watching the clock.....then leaving on a jet plane to my favorite place in the world !!!!!

I hadn't remembered that! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Are you channeling Paul by going sleeveless?

I should have said long sleeves. If I had guns like his, I'd go sleeveless, too.

Seis meses de invierno, seis de infierno. 6 months of winter. six of h@#$.

Is it bad that I read that and thought? Why is she repeating herself?

When did #700 happen?

I'm guessing the post before this one. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Universities are the worst. Seis meses de invierno, seis de infierno. 6 months of winter. six of h@#$. Turn AC full-blast during summer, heater full-blast during winter.

When did #700 happen?

Congrats on #700!!

It is not uncommon for us to be running fans in the winter and space heaters in the summer, as they do very poorly in regulating temperatures in our buildings. The new system is suppose to address this - I'll believe it when I see it.

It's been like that in my office for years...they finally put in a new system this past summer, so we'll see what this winter brings...I still have my space heater by my feet..

TheBeadPirate (Lori & Rick) posted some news from onboard. Most notable, to new cruisers, was the information about the new cell tower at Castaway Cay.

Have I been spacing out or what... When did they put up that 100'+ tall "Palm Tree" (really an antenna I think) on Castaway?... We were sitting in Palo last evening and I swear you can see that thing from 10 miles away. I think Disney may now own the largest landmark in the Bahamas

Here is a photo (not theirs) from the DCL Photo of the Day thread.

P1070056.jpg

What is it with Universities and temp control? On Monday it was so cold I was wearing a jacket in my office. Today I am sweating. They can't really blame an old HVAC system. My building is only 3 years old.

51 Days Until Fun on a Boat!!!!

o51logo.gif

51:
•Atomic number of antimony.
•Number for retired NFL legend from the Chicago Bears, Hall of Famer Dick Butkus.
•The code for international direct dial phone calls to Peru.
•Area 51, a parcel of U.S. military-controlled land in southern Nevada, apparently containing a secret aircraft testing facility.
886.gif
886.gif
886.gif

•Washington D.C. and Puerto Rico are often mentioned as the future "51st State". (But isn't that what Canada is going to be? {only kidding--you'll be 53-65}
•Planet 51 was a movie released from TriStar Pictures in 2009.

Geee....you would think that we only have 51 days before Fun on a Boat..:rotfl2:

36_4_28.gif

Welcome back & Congratulations to you & Jason.

I saw Jason the morning of the wedding but, I didn't get to see you to wish you best wishes.

:wave2: Thanks, everything was wonderful. It was truly a MAGICAL day !!!:bride:

Jason told me he saw you, I was sequestered on the 9th floor so we wouldn't see each other that day.

Now we're planning the cruise in December....:woohoo:

TheBeadPirate (Lori & Rick) posted some news from onboard. Most notable, to new cruisers, was the information about the new cell tower at Castaway Cay.

P1070056.jpg

Oooooo CELL TOWER!! {{drool}} I was pretty impressed with the cell coverage the last time I was on CC.

Looks like they are showing the new site on the BTC website now.

Rick and Lori are right. That circle looks to be about 10 miles.

btclogo.jpg

map_abaco.png

Oooooo CELL TOWER!! {{drool}} I was pretty impressed with the cell coverage the last time I was on CC.

Looks like they are showing the new site on the BTC website now.

btclogo.jpg

map_abaco.gif

Mike, can you please mark on your snazzy map where Castaway Cay is?

P1070056.jpg

:thumbsup2

Mike...And where we should set up our chairs for the best sun. :beach: OH....and the closest to the guys bringing the drinks with the umbrellas. OH.....and what about the hammocks? how far away are they? :lmao:

What is it with Universities and temp control? On Monday it was so cold I was wearing a jacket in my office. Today I am sweating. They can't really blame an old HVAC system. My building is only 3 years old.

It's obviously a required part of the academic culture. It's the same here.

Kathy

o51logo.gif

51:
•Atomic number of antimony.
•Number for retired NFL legend from the Chicago Bears, Hall of Famer Dick Butkus.
•The code for international direct dial phone calls to Peru.
•Area 51, a parcel of U.S. military-controlled land in southern Nevada, apparently containing a secret aircraft testing facility.
886.gif
886.gif
886.gif

•Washington D.C. and Puerto Rico are often mentioned as the future "51st State". (But isn't that what Canada is going to be? {only kidding--you'll be 53-65}
•Planet 51 was a movie released from TriStar Pictures in 2009.

The OFFICIAL Coutdown is now well underway... I'm liking this... Thanks Todd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter