Plus Sized Riders?

Height tends to be a bigger problem than weight on most rides. Like, the length of your thighs hitting the front of your car, more than the width of your hips/belly. At least from what I've noticed!

Do check out Pammie plus parks. she is plus sized and has some great youtube footage for ride experiences and overall fit. She visits disney and universal and has some good tidbits.

So, first time I've had to plan with this in mind. For this year's trip to Disney, my older brother will be joining us and he's...a fairly big guy. 5'11", 260 to 270lbs, most of it in his gut. Are there any rides that he's going to have trouble going on or just straight up won't be able to? (I've heard varying reports about Flight of the Passage)
FoP may be an issue but that is it - I have a friend about that size and she could not ride because of how her weight is distributed. There is a sample vehicle out front if you want to test there. I'm shorter but about that and had no issue but I carry my weight more all over and in my legs. Note - watch the cast members on 7DMT to keep the lap bar up where needed - I've been squished a few times when they went by putting the bars down in a hurry. Now I watch so I can control how tight it gets (that one is bad in the legs)

This makes me nervous. My brother is a huge Avatar fan, and he’s looking forward to FoP. However, he’s around 6’5” and a big muscled guy. Hopefully he can get his legs in! I’m also a little concerned about 7dwarfs and SM.

I still haven't tried FoP, but I've been on pretty much everything else, at the time weighing more than he does. I have never even come close to not fitting on rides at WDW. 7DMT hurt my knees but my legs themselves weren't impossibly snug.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter