Plus Sized Riders?

DantePD

Mouseketeer
So, first time I've had to plan with this in mind. For this year's trip to Disney, my older brother will be joining us and he's...a fairly big guy. 5'11", 260 to 270lbs, most of it in his gut. Are there any rides that he's going to have trouble going on or just straight up won't be able to? (I've heard varying reports about Flight of the Passage)

There is a great thread about this issue, I think it's called Pooh sized. I am sure another Diser will be able to help link that thread.

Might have problems with 7DMT and FoP.

I am Pooh sized 5'6" 210 and feel like Astro Orbiter is a tight fit. I can fit on FoP and 7DMT.

He will be able to ride everything in Disney. My youngest son is bigger than that can ride everything, including Flights of Passage.

So, first time I've had to plan with this in mind. For this year's trip to Disney, my older brother will be joining us and he's...a fairly big guy. 5'11", 260 to 270lbs, most of it in his gut. Are there any rides that he's going to have trouble going on or just straight up won't be able to? (I've heard varying reports about Flight of the Passage)
remember that FoP has a test vehicle outside the ride for people tot ry before getting in line.

I'm 5'10 and about 265 and have no problems on any of the rides including FOP

I'm about that size, and have no issues with any ride, including FoP. I've had to adjust the way I sit when initially closing restraints on EE and RnR just so they get tight enough to where I like it, but even in their looser option, there's no safety concern...

Go to YouTube and put in any ride name + "plus size" or related term. Tons of vids made in the parks of Pooh-sized folks showing how they (mostly) do or (sometimes) don't fit. Dozens for FoP.

I know a lot of people have responded, but I am 6'2" 325-330 lbs and I have always been able to ride everything without any issues at WDW. Only thing that gives me any issues is Mine Train which is uncomfy for my legs, but I make it work.

Certain rides might not be comfortable, but he'll be able to ride everything with no problem.

I am 270 and 5'5. I can ride everything. I have trouble getting in and out of Space mountain and Astro Orbitors. 7DMT is very uncomfortable for anyone with thick thighs and knees. I make sure to get in first, and after I sit, I raise one leg a little higher as I lower the bar. Super uncomfortable, but bar closes no problem, and the ride is short. I did use the test vehicle for FOP and fit fine. My but does not fit in the molded seats of Primeval Whirl, and I end up with a bruised backside from the rough ride, so I skip that one.

Just an observation, but some of the attractions have more space in one section of the ride vehicle, so be on the lookout for that. For instance, at The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, the front of the honey pots are much easier for folks to get in and sit comfortably than the back. So for pooh-sized folks, if you can request certain sections of the ride vehicle (like the front row for Pooh), it is helpful.

Go to YouTube and put in any ride name + "plus size" or related term. Tons of vids made in the parks of Pooh-sized folks showing how they (mostly) do or (sometimes) don't fit. Dozens for FoP.

I agree. I recall seeing some videos by a woman named Pammie that were basically her showing folks how she handles all different rides in the theme parks. I think her channel was something like Pammie Does Parks or Pammie Plus The Parks or something like that. :)

My brother was the same height, but about 300 when we went, mostly in the gut as well. He didn't have any issues with any of the rides, including FOP.

My brother couldn't fit on the ride (fop), but it was mostly because of the length of his legs and size of his feet. He is also a big guy, but his girth didn't have anything to do with the fit.

My DS(16) is 6'6" weighs 350 and wears a sz18 shoe. It's a problem, but mostly because of his height. Snow White mine train and SM are hard on him. We tried to ride FOP last summer, the restraints that go around his thighs wouldn't fit(did I mention he's huge). It's hard to be upset with Disney, these rides are made for a average sized person, but it's hard when you're not average sized.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter