Pls help me with the connections/history of the podcast crew

I know that they've done podcasts detailing the history of the DIS and related businesses, but I think it would be helpful to have a sticky post somewhere with the basics for quick reference. That way the team could post exactly what they want known, no more or less. Also, a list of their screen names for these boards would be really helpful. It's not always obvious who is posting based on their signature or avatar. Just a suggestion!

Info
http://www.wdwinfo.com/disteam/index.htm

Best Intro show...
http://www.wdwinfo.com/podcast/roundtable-introshow.mp3

Or start from the Dis Unplugged Show 0...
http://traffic.libsyn.com/disunplugged/roundtable-072506.mp3

Here is the Feed for all the past audio shows, starting from the beginning...
http://disunplugged.libsyn.com/webpage/page/75/size/10

Last edited:

Thanks, Mike, but what I meant was a text summary of the team history/relationships for those who don't have the time to listen to all those shows. And while the team page has email addresses and titles, it doesn't have their DISboards handles. It also doesn't have links to Twitter/Facebook etc. although I have seen links to those on wdwinfo.com.

Thanks, Mike, but what I meant was a text summary of the team history/relationships for those who don't have the time to listen to all those shows. And while the team page has email addresses and titles, it doesn't have their DISboards handles. It also doesn't have links to Twitter/Facebook etc. although I have seen links to those on wdwinfo.com.
If you just search their names on social media you should be able to find them easy. John and Kevin don't do Facebook they only have Twitter.

summary of the team history/relationships for those who don't have the time to listen to all those shows.

I'm pretty sure I don't want to summarize my history and relationships (anymore than I have already) in a post.

I feel like we are open and share enough of our lives without reducing ourselves to Cliff Notes.

Our history is out there to discover and I think we are worth the time investment.

Last edited:

Wow. Anything else you'd like?

I'm pretty sure I don't want to summarize my history and relationships (anymore than I have already) in post.

I feel on like we are open and share enough of our lives without reducing ourselves to Cliff Notes.

Our history is out there to discover and I think we are worth the time investment.
I was both thrilled and a bit surprised how open everyone has been, especially live at the mega meet. Over the years I have been told more about the Dis teams personal lives than you would every hear about local news teams and celebrities. This probably why it feels more like a family to many of us.

Thanks all for sharing, and not wearing masks when you go out to eat.

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure I don't want to summarize my history and relationships (anymore than I have already) in a post.

I feel like we are open and share enough of our lives without reducing ourselves to Cliff Notes.

It appears I have offended you (and others) and I apologize. I am a longtime listener and know the history very well. I simply thought it would be nice to have a FAQ for newcomers as I have seen this come up many times over the years.

Thanks for the breakdown Kevin! It's really cool to see the history and backstory laid out.

It appears I have offended you (and others) and I apologize. I am a longtime listener and know the history very well. I simply thought it would be nice to have a FAQ for newcomers as I have seen this come up many times over the years.

There is no need for an apology and I am not offended.

We're good :), so there is no need to worry.

That being said...I still don't want my history and a summary of my relationships as a sticky on the DIS Unplugged Board.

I can only speak for myself when I say that reducing yourself to a series of bullet points seems a bit demeaning.

If a "newbie" has a question, I've always been happy to answer it. The folks on this board are alway helpful in pointing people in the right direction.

Think of it this way...if you start a television series in the middle, it takes you time to get up to speed...or you go back and binge watch what you've missed.

All of the folks on the show are bright, creative, interesting, intelligent people. We have been open and honest and we all deserve to be known for who we are and what we have been willing to share with the folks that listen and not a synopsis that allows someone to skip the work of getting to know us.

That being said...I still don't want my history and a summary of my relationships as a sticky on the DIS Unplugged Board.

Thanks, Kevin. I'm glad we're good! Of course it is entirely up to you and your team to make that decision and I totally respect that! :)

Think of it this way...if you start a television series in the middle, it takes you time to get up to speed...or you go back and binge watch what you've missed.

All of the folks on the show are bright, creative, interesting, intelligent people. We have been open and honest and we all deserve to be known for who we are and what we have been willing to share with the folks that listen and not a synopsis that allows someone to skip the work of getting to know us.

I really like this, Kevin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter