• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please WELCOME a new DVC sponsor - message from Pete Werner

The DVC Moderators

DVC Moderators
Hey folks, I want to let everyone know that effective today we have a new sponsor for our DVC content - the World of DVC. The World of DVC encompasses DVCResaleMarket.com, DVCRentalStore.com and MoneraFinancial.com

We have appreciated our time working with DVCStore and this change was strictly for business reasons. We wish Tom Yeary and his team nothing but success and will always consider them our friends.

You’ll be seeing reps from the World of DVC companies on our shows, on the boards and in our Facebook group.

Join me in welcoming them to our family!!

Pete Werner

Loved the DVC Store and wish them the best. Looking forward to hearing from The World of DVC in 2021. Happy New Year.

Just checked out the DVCRentalMarket website and love the way it's setup - great search tool. Looking forward to hearing from the sponsor!

We used the Dvcresalemarket.com to purchase our Saratoga Springs contract this year. It was a great experience and I will use them again. They explained everything and with help from Pete and the DVC show we actually understood:) Welcome!!

Just checked out the DVCRentalMarket website and love the way it's setup - great search tool. Looking forward to hearing from the sponsor!
I agree it is the easiest to search. I also preferred DVCResale’s previous web site better. The new one is better looking, but the old one you could see almost all the contracts for sale, without scrolling and scrolling. Plus they put them in order smaller contracts up top and larger ones on the bottom. I wish that someone would come up with a footnote for 2057 OKW, for the people who are looking for it. Put like a 57 or some symbol next to it so you don’t have to waste time checking every one to see if it is extended. They have them for new contracts, double point etc. I know it is for a limited amount of contracts, but between 25-30% of OKW is extended, that’s over 2,000,000 points.

I agree it is the easiest to search. I also preferred DVCResale’s previous web site better. The new one is better looking, but the old one you could see almost all the contracts for sale, without scrolling and scrolling. Plus they put them in order smaller contracts up top and larger ones on the bottom. I wish that someone would come up with a footnote for 2057 OKW, for the people who are looking for it. Put like a 57 or some symbol next to it so you don’t have to waste time checking every one to see if it is extended. They have them for new contracts, double point etc. I know it is for a limited amount of contracts, but between 25-30% of OKW is extended, that’s over 2,000,000 points.
They do on the desktop version. On the right hand side they have the Status which shows Extended to 2057.

I just took a look again at the mobile site. 2057 is a sortable status.

I used DVCRentalMarket this summer for a BLT purchase. They were great. The seller went silent on us several times, and my DVCRentalMarket agent (Karen G) was all over it. I have used others on several other purchases and for normal transactions, price matters most, but when something out of the ordinary happens, not all agents are the same.

Hey, guys! I thought I'd share the live stream Pete did this past Saturday where you can learn more about our new sponsor and meet Nick Cotton from The World of DVC in case you didn't see it and are interested!

DVC Rental Store is great. The first points broker I used to rent out my points was David's (https://dvcrequest.com/) which generally worked well for me. Then I found DVC Rental Store (https://dvcrentalstore.com/) which pays $0.50 per point more than David's for rentals ($16.00 compared to $15.50 for 7-11 month rentals at most resorts), pays 75% upfront compared to David's 70%, and has a business model of publishing a list of available point rentals (i.e. opportunities for owners to rent out their points) which they post online and can be subscribed to by email, as opposed to David's more opaque approach of taking requests from point owners and emailing them when appropriate rentals become available. You can even set up custom email alerts so that you receive an email right away when a specified rental opportunity becomes available. And DVC Rental Store has always impressed me with their professionalism and friendliness, for example paying me a $50 courtesy fee when a renter decided not to go ahead after I had booked a reservation, and especially with their handling of the Covid cancellations, acting in a very fair and reasonable way without annoying and guilt-tripping point owners the way that many owners reported that David's did. For my rental that was canceled due to Covid, they paid me in full and had me make a new replacement reservation for which they paid me an additional courtesy fee, showing impeccable handling of an unforeseeable and very unfortunate situation.

I would just mention that unlike David's, DVC Rental Store does issue a W2 every year for any rental income they have paid (due to them being located in the US as opposed to Canada). Of course tax is owed (subject to deductions for a portion of the annual dues as well as depreciation) regardless of who you rent through.

As you can gather, I'm a big fan of DVC Rental Store and I welcome them here as a board sponsor!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter