Please post experiences using same day DAS selections using MDE App.

Today was our first day, DAK. We did not do advance because I couldn't commit so many hours and contacts to get it done, especially when I can only book 3 days of park reservations. We got inside the gate because the line was shorter and there the CM can just book the first attraction. It works great from your phone and the ability to change it.

We also got Genie+ because I decided to buy all week to test drive it. Wasn't needed today.

NO. We were going to hop to DHS so I opened to see what LL options were available and looked to see if we could book DAS before we headed over. LL, yes ... DAS, no.

Yes, we were never able to book DAS for members "on their way" only for those inside the park. Now that we are booking our own, we were only able to book for DAK, but wanting to head to DHS ... would not let us book.

Mostly yes .... We had to tap twice at FOP, but only once at Safari. EE had a second tap, but they didn't make us tap. I tried after the first FOP tap but it wouldn't let me, did after we did the second tap. Not sure which ride but we couldn't even after we tapped so I did after we got off ride, I feel like that was a glitch because no way the system knows if you rode yet or not. Tapping should open the window. I did refresh on one because the DAS wasn't disappearing after we tapped. Imagine it is still shaking out a bit.

thanks for the report of your experiences!! very interesting.

Can anyone that's been recently confirm if you can get a second das for the same ride? On app or in person? Also are the times you get in park open ended? Like arrive after 10am or is it 10-11?

The DAS Return Times obtained in the park are open-ended: return after hh:mm. The Advanced Selections that you can set-up when registering online are set 1-hour windows, use it or lose it.

Yes, folks have reported ability to obtain a 2nd DAS Return Time in the park. You can also combine DAS with Genie+ or I$LL to ride more than once.

The DAS Return Times obtained in the park are open-ended: return after hh:mm. The Advanced Selections that you can set-up when registering online are set 1-hour windows, use it or lose it.

Yes, folks have reported ability to obtain a 2nd DAS Return Time in the park. You can also combine DAS with Genie+ or I$LL to ride more than once.
i might not bother with the advance selections for that reason. The return times will be enough.
i don't know how many rides we'll actually be able to do, but i think that booking the advance selection when i know we probably won't make it, takes it away from someone else.
They have limited times they can give out, so it would be more considerate for my family to opt out of those.
I just don't think we'll be able to work with a small window like that.
the open ended return times work better for us and i won't feel as bad about them if we don't make it.
and i suspect this summer is going to be particularly bad. We'll have to take it really slow and easy.

Just got back from a trip. DAS was fantastic! No trouble with it at all.

Our only burble was that the icon disappeared (to our surprise) when we left the park. Was standing in line at Guest Services the next day in another park to ask for help when it popped back in. We then realized it appears only when it was in the park.

We truly appreciated having access to it.

Can anyone that's been recently confirm if you can get a second das for the same ride?
On app or in person?
Also are the times you get in park open ended?
Like arrive after 10am or is it 10-11?

Yes we repeated a couple rides.
We did all our times on the app, except the first one when we got our DAS issued.
Open ended. We could not enter early but there was no issue being late.

I'm not sure that our ASD daughter will be comfortable getting a DAS via video. If we get it the day we get there, as we have in the past, from the Guest Services at the back entrance of Epcot, will we then be able to pick the two attractions per day in advance for the next day and subsequent days of our trip? If so, how do we do this? Like, at Guest Services, or via the app or what? Thanks :)

I'm not sure that our ASD daughter will be comfortable getting a DAS via video. If we get it the day we get there, as we have in the past, from the Guest Services at the back entrance of Epcot, will we then be able to pick the two attractions per day in advance for the next day and subsequent days of our trip? If so, how do we do this? Like, at Guest Services, or via the app or what? Thanks :)
You are only able to select the two attractions per day after registering for the DAS 2-30 days prior to your trip.

You are only able to select the two attractions per day after registering for the DAS 2-30 days prior to your trip.
Actually my wife has just told me that this video registration is only available for US guests anyway, and we're in the UK, but that Guest Services can set up the two a day when we get there - maybe that's for non-US guests to avoid us being disadvantaged?

Actually my wife has just told me that this video registration is only available for US guests anyway, and we're in the UK, but that Guest Services can set up the two a day when we get there - maybe that's for non-US guests to avoid us being disadvantaged?

It’s English only, not sure that it’s US only.

I would hope this is incorrect, because that wouldn’t be right when you consider that many people aren’t able to do the video chat…people who can’t speak English, people who can’t spend hours in the chat, etc.

I would hope this is incorrect, because that wouldn’t be right when you consider that many people aren’t able to do the video chat…people who can’t speak English, people who can’t spend hours in the chat, etc.
That's true

This will be my first time using an ECV/scooter. So, technically, as soon as we tap in at AK, I can open the app, make a DAS for FOP if we are there at rope drop and in front of lines because of early entry then there shouldn't be much of a wait. And then I don't have to worry about trying to get there quicker since I'll be on the ECV and outpace those runners/fast walkers?

Same for HS and ROTR? As soon as I tap in to the park, make DAS for ROTR and then not worry about trying to beat those running all the way to the back? Of course, this is dependent on it showing up in my MDE correctly. Even though we get early entry and plan to rope drop, using the ECV for the first time, I don't think we'll be able to keep pace with those others that run to attractions and still end up with a long wait once we get there.

This will be my first time using an ECV/scooter. So, technically, as soon as we tap in at AK, I can open the app, make a DAS for FOP if we are there at rope drop and in front of lines because of early entry then there shouldn't be much of a wait. And then I don't have to worry about trying to get there quicker since I'll be on the ECV and outpace those runners/fast walkers?
That depends... did you do a DAS pre-registration online? Using an ECV doesn't necessarily qualify you for a DAS. You would need to register either online (2-30 days before arrival) or in-park for a DAS. Then it will be available on the app once you are in a park.

My trip isn't until Christmas week so I still have a few days until I can apply, however, the ECV isn't the reason I'm applying for DAS. Separate issue altogether. I was just inquiring about the process of using it, not if I'll qualify or not.

use a VPN to get to the US website.
Yes, I thought about that, except the pinned post at the very top of this forum says “- IF you are using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) your computer/device may be blocked from chat by Disney’s network”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter