Please post experiences using same day DAS selections using MDE App.

You have to be at WDW, in the park, having tapped in using your ticket (the guest with DAS has to be there too, I would hope!) for it to show up.

Just to add to this...

Yes, you need to tap into a park before you can see & use the DAS return time scheduling via the app.

But once you have tapped into a park for the day, and the app shows up for your DAS, it does not vanish if you leave the park. So you can go back to your resort for an afternoon break (for example), and will still have the option to check on and schedule your next return time (for that same park where you last tapped in).

We did this yesterday... tapped in at DAK in the morning and enjoyed several attractions, then left and drove to a resort for lunch. While outside of the park we decided we'd like to return to DAK later in the day, so we used the app to scheduled a return time for FOP. When we re-entered the park, we were able to immediately used our DAS return to walk onto the attraction.

Just to clarify….. the two preselected rides return times are made on the video chat? ….are they for each park day booked ? ….will this option be available for future trips also (i.e., an ongoing service to DAS holders?)

Yes, the 2 Advanced Selection rides are scheduled during the video chat. That is 2 per day for which you have theme park reservations. DAS will have to be renewed after 60 days, at which time you may schedule Advanced Selections again for the next visit if you again use the video chat pre-registration. Of course, Disney can decide to modify that part of DAS, but for now it seems to be available for any visit as long as you pre-register for DAS by the video chat.

Yes, the 2 Advanced Selection rides are scheduled during the video chat. That is 2 per day for which you have theme park reservations. DAS will have to be renewed after 60 days, at which time you may schedule Advanced Selections again for the next visit if you again use the video chat pre-registration. Of course, Disney can decide to modify that part of DAS, but for now it seems to be available for any visit as long as you pre-register for DAS by the video chat.

Thanks for your helpful response. Much appreciated. So just to clarify, I currently have two trips booked within a 60 day window, with plans to have tickets and park reservations for a total of 14 days. This means I should have the opportunity to choose 2 selections for each of those 14 days. (28 selections total)? If so, I think thats a very generous offer by Disney.

Thanks for your helpful response. Much appreciated. So just to clarify, I currently have two trips booked within a 60 day window, with plans to have tickets and park reservations for a total of 14 days. This means I should have the opportunity to choose 2 selections for each of those 14 days. (28 selections total)? If so, I think thats a very generous offer by Disney.
I believe initially when you chat for the pre-registration you can only schedule up to 30 days out. So depending how close the 2 trips are on the calendar, you may need to call back to schedule Advanced Selections for the 2nd trip. It’s new enough at this point we haven’t had reports on that situation yet.

I believe initially when you chat for the pre-registration you can only schedule up to 30 days out. So depending how close the 2 trips are on the calendar, you may need to call back to schedule Advanced Selections for the 2nd trip. It’s new enough at this point we haven’t had reports on that situation yet.
That is also what I understand.
So far, reports have been that people have needed to call back to schedule any days that are more than 30 from the day you call.

The Disney website about DAS was updated to indicate all the park visit days must be within 2 to 30 days of the live chat.
11B0E67E-551C-4B0E-9926-03BDFE12C2A5.jpeg

2 selections per day of the trip? i hadn't understood that.
I think that's very helpful.
I'm assuming the return times are set in stone the way genie+ return times are?
Meaning, can we be late to a return time, or will we need to re-set if we miss the time?.
if memory serves, when we used the DAS in 2019, we could return any time after the window. Which was very helpful. But of course, that was when we could only hold one DAS return time at a time.
So maybe the return time for the advance selections will be more rigid?.
Anyone know?

Meaning, can we be late to a return time, or will we need to re-set if we miss the time?.
if memory serves, when we used the DAS in 2019, we could return any time after the window. Which was very helpful. But of course, that was when we could only hold one DAS return time at a time.
Anyone know?
If you miss it, you lose it. No using it late and no resetting.

Anyone know?
The DAS Advance Selections made in connection with the advance video DAS registration have a start time and a one hour window of time for use. If not used during the time period, they expire.
Some people have posted they were able to change those by going back into the video chat process (the registration chat or a chat for marking DAS Advance Selections. It’s not clear if that just going to be allowed for a while during the time are getting used to the process or if it will be permanent. It’s pretty clear they are set in stone by 2 days before park arrival.

DAS Return Times are made on the day of visit in the park. They have a start time, but can be used any time after that until the park closes. They are active until used, changed, cancelled or park/attraction closes for the day. Guests can only have one active DAS Return Time.
Guests don’t need to use their DAS Advance Selections before getting or using DAS Return Times.

If you miss it, you lose it. No using it late and no resetting.
Just to clarify… the 2 DAS Advanced Selections are a set 1-hour window, use or lose it. Regular DAS Return Times obtained in-park are still open-ended (return anytime after xx:xx).

The DAS Advance Selections made in connection with the advance video DAS registration have a start time and a one hour window of time for use. If not used during the time period, they expire.
Some people have posted they were able to change those by going back into the video chat process (the registration chat or a chat for marking DAS Advance Selections. It’s not clear if that just going to be allowed for a while during the time are getting used to the process or if it will be permanent. It’s pretty clear they are set in stone by 2 days before park arrival.

DAS Return Times are made on the day of visit in the park. They have a start time, but can be used any time after that until the park closes. They are active until used, changed, cancelled or park/attraction closes for the day. Guests can only have one active DAS Return Time.
Guests don’t need to use their DAS Advance Selections before getting or using DAS Return Times.

excellent! thanks Sue.
that makes sense.
So the DAS return times are the same as before.
The advance selections are new and treated as though they were genie+ times, a window set in stone.

It's very nice of disney to add that on.
i don't know how much we're going to use the advance selection.
but it's a nice addition.

I think I know this answer for Genie+, and I am hoping it transfers over to day of DAS selections in the App. If you begin at one park and want to Hop to another, are you able to select a DAS time for the next park before scanning in? (we love that at Disneyland they can select for either park before leaving)

Thanks to anyone who can answer!

I think I know this answer for Genie+, and I am hoping it transfers over to day of DAS selections in the App. If you begin at one park and want to Hop to another, are you able to select a DAS time for the next park before scanning in? (we love that at Disneyland they can select for either park before leaving)

Thanks to anyone who can answer!

You have to scan in to the park before using the DAS

You have to scan in to the park before using the DAS
I think the person was asking if say you are in Magic Kingdom and are planning to park hop to EPCOT, can you get a return time after scanning into Magic Kingdom, but before going over to EPCOT. Since Genie+ works this way and the DAS at the Disneyland Resort works this way, I think it would be reasonable to expect DAS to work this way at WDW.

I think the person was asking if say you are in Magic Kingdom and are planning to park hop to EPCOT, can you get a return time after scanning into Magic Kingdom, but before going over to EPCOT. Since Genie+ works this way and the DAS at the Disneyland Resort works this way, I think it would be reasonable to expect DAS to work this way at WDW.
On the other hand, DAS replaces the standby line and you cannot get into the standby line until you are in that park. So, it is also reasonable to have the rule be that you need to have tapped into the park where the ride is.

It would be great to hear from someone who has tried.

If you begin at one park and want to Hop to another, are you able to select a DAS time for the next park before scanning in?

Our experience so far using DAS with the newly updated MDE app has been that you can not schedule a 'day of' return time until you have physically tapped into a park. You can leave the park and still schedule DAS return times for an attraction located within that same park, and then re-enter later to experience the attraction. But in our experience thus far, you can not make a DAS return time for a different park until you actually hop & tap into that new park -- the app only offers you the option to book a return time for the attractions inside of the last park you tapped in to.

(Edit to note that this could change at any time, as WDW continues to tweak the app. This has simply been our experience in the early days of the new MDE update and Genie.)

On the other hand, DAS replaces the standby line and you cannot get into the standby line until you are in that park. So, it is also reasonable to have the rule be that you need to have tapped into the park where the ride is.

It would be great to hear from someone who has tried.
Granted, but one would expect consistency between Genie+, DAS, Disneyland and Disney World policies.

Granted, but one would expect consistency between Genie+, DAS, Disneyland and Disney World policies.

Between WDW and DL probably/maybe (not everything is consistent between them - the vast difference in distance between the parks may be a reason for different “tapping” rules, if they stay different) but Genie+ is not the standby line, so what happens with it would not imply that the same would happen with the DAS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter