plaza for early dinner

bjcaed

Mouseketeer
Have any of you eaten at the Plaza for an early dinner? How hard is it to get a table? Do they take walk ups?. Not wanting to get a table for fireworks. We have been to WDW many times and somehow never eaten here.The menu looks yummy?

Not many tables so we always book ADR if we want to eat there. I often try the night before and am able to get something, but if not keep trying day of AND they offer "Join Walk Up List" on your MDE. I would try there.

As far as walking up to podium I have only heard them turn people away. Use MDE.

We went first week of December last year but had reservations. It was our first time and I really don’t know why. Food was OK. Pretty classic menu and prices were not bad. I do remember loving the onion rings! I thought the tables were pretty close together which could bother some people but didn’t bother us.

We went first week of December last year but had reservations. It was our first time and I really don’t know why. Food was OK. Pretty classic menu and prices were not bad. I do remember loving the onion rings! I thought the tables were pretty close together which could bother some people but didn’t bother us.
I agree with all this. It is def not a must do for us food wise. The plus is a TS, fresh made meal for a reasonable price for the MK. With my AP discount it is a better value than most QS, which in MK is quite low quality.

It is one restaurant that the menu changes often and it can be a wide variety or very narrow. Sometimes we are happy with it, sometimes there is nothing there we want to eat.

We like the Plaza, though, we usually have an ADR when we go there.

I've had the Reuben and the Meatloaf and a couple other sandwiches at lunchtime and they've always been good. When they were serving breakfast it was great to get to MK early and sit in the sunroom at the Plaza and watch everyone hurrying by.

We've been in the main dining room when the Mayor stops by with some kind of news or proclamation.

If you get a chance to go to the Plaza, do it.

Thank y"all so much. We got an adr for right after fireworks, the park doesn't close until midnight that night so figured we would eat while the park thins out.

I've found, particularly at The Plaza, that guests are at the mercy of the "seater," you know, that one who paces around the restaurant with a tablet, and that the people at the podium are only there to read the screen(s) in front of them, and not to make any kind of decisions. If it ain't on the screen, it ain't happenin'. It's like talking to a human app. Joining the waitlist on the app, if that is available, as oftentimes they fill up, is your best chance.

I love to eat at the Plaza but the menu does change frequently. The restaurant is tiny though so an ADR feels really important. I have never had luck with a walk up but there is sometimes day before or day of availability (although usually several hours out).

I've found, particularly at The Plaza, that guests are at the mercy of the "seater," you know, that one who paces around the restaurant with a tablet, and that the people at the podium are only there to read the screen(s) in front of them, and not to make any kind of decisions. If it ain't on the screen, it ain't happenin'. It's like talking to a human app. Joining the waitlist on the app, if that is available, as oftentimes they fill up, is your best chance.
My DD was a greater at the podium at Hollywood and Vine as part of the College program. I was shocked at how ugly some people were towards here even when she explained that she had no control over who was seated when. The stories she told were shocking, ha!

My DD was a greater at the podium at Hollywood and Vine as part of the College program. I was shocked at how ugly some people were towards here even when she explained that she had no control over who was seated when. The stories she told were shocking, ha!
I'm sure, and I blame management for that. They put the hosts at the podium as the first impression of the restaurant, like they have any decision-making power. A little bit of autonomy would go a long way, but Disney has the mentality that everything has to be standardized, from the most casual sit-down all the way up to the 2nd Floor Guard at California Grill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter