Planning for Paris and DLP, April/May or November 2022 - Come on in and lets all plan our trips together

With the French elections happening next year it could be a sign of relative peace? Also I've said before the app mapper even warns you of strikes and finds alternative transport. When we were last staying in Paris the app did some special stuff and worked out where to get the train to and then jump in a kapatain (Uber).

With the French elections happening next year it could be a sign of relative peace? Also I've said before the app mapper even warns you of strikes and finds alternative transport. When we were last staying in Paris the app did some special stuff and worked out where to get the train to and then jump in a kapatain (Uber).
Citi mapper sorry typo

From my house you can see the house where jungle book was written, see 100 acre wood and Pooh's house and see where Mary Poppins was written. All a stone's throw away from each other with proper moated castles! (Bodiam) and in 2022 we are having the bayoex tapestry!

Slightly off-topic but, being a resident of Sussex (West not East) how did I not know about Travers and Kipling's links to this area?

Thanks for enlightening me. Will be investigating further!

Slightly off-topic but, being a resident of Sussex (West not East) how did I not know about Travers and Kipling's links to this area?

Thanks for enlightening me. Will be investigating further!

Kipling's is Bateman's (national trust, watch my boy jack) (while your near, go and see mad jacks pyramid!) Travers is not open to public but your be able to drive by and see it.

We have been to Disney Paris, and your right it is quite open... more to think about...

We really would love to experience and shop the Christmas markets.

So for a Florida couple like us, what kinda of warm wear clothing would we need?...

I know this sounds silly to ask... we live most of the year in shorts, tanks and T-shirts, and flip flops. Right now we are getting into the 40 at night and upper 60's during the day so for us jeans, short sleeves, and a hoodie or light weight rain jackets- and that about it...

So really all the warm wear we own is a couple of hoodies, We do have a couple of jackets, not a proper coat in sight... at all... and our Columbia lightweight wind breaker/rain jackets, they are really good for windy and rainy Florida days, and can be dried off easily and are pack-able... We use them on our trip to Paris... It rained for 2 days when we were there in May of 2018, and it was cold, windy and rainy... I did pack a couple of cami, and a couple of long sleeve cotton shirts to use for layering... Which I threw in at the last minute... and Which I used the whole trip. So I would like to be prepared for cold weather... properly prepared... LOL

I live in the UK. We visited Disney Paris in December. I wore thermal fur lined tights from Primark ( a low priced fashion store that is in the shopping centre close to Disney) I wore them under my jeans. I had some sheepskin UGG boots but they were rubbish as my feet got wet through them, so try get some good waterproof boots that are big enough to wear thick socks or more than 1 pair. Top half t-shirt with a jumper over.

Full length down filled coat, hat scarf and gloves.

It was cold , the car was regularly iced over in the morning and even some evenings when we got back to it after leaving the parks, shopping village.

Lots of the queue areas feel very outdoors and uncovered

Make sure you do lots of shows, indoor attractions in-between to warm up.

I live in the UK. We visited Disney Paris in December. I wore thermal fur lined tights from Primark ( a low priced fashion store that is in the shopping centre close to Disney) I wore them under my jeans. I had some sheepskin UGG boots but they were rubbish as my feet got wet through them, so try get some good waterproof boots that are big enough to wear thick socks or more than 1 pair. Top half t-shirt with a jumper over.

It was cold , the car was regularly iced over in the morning and even some evenings when we got back to it after leaving the parks, shopping village.

I once made the UGG mistake. I had to get plastic bags from the gift shop and use them as shoe liners as they were my only shoes haha

Thanks for the tips...

I never have a pair of rain boot before... until a few months ago...My friend and I had decided to go shopping and we hit so many stores that day it was so much fun, and a blur..... I ended up with a pair of Micheal Kors black rain boots, I'm not sure why I bought them, except they are super cute, and the price was crazy cheap, I bought them for like 30.00 bucks... I wasn't going to buy them and my friend said they would be good for when you guys travel, I have a pair and the only time I use them is when we travel... Oh and I picked up the cutest off white fur lined watch cap... for like 5 bucks...

When you say Jumper - you mean what us American's call a Sweater?

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips...

I never have a pair of rain boot before... until a few months ago...My friend and I had decided to go shopping and we hit so many stores that day it was so much fun, and a blur..... I ended up with a pair of Micheal Kors black rain boots, I'm not sure why I bought them, except they are super cute, and the price was crazy cheap, I bought them for like 30.00 bucks... I wasn't going to buy them and my friend said they would be good for when you guys travel, I have a pair and the only time I use them is when we travel... Oh and I picked up the cutest off white fur lined watch cap... for like 5 bucks...

When you say Jumper - you mean what us American's call a Sweater?

Yes similar to sweater or hoodie . Here in England jumpers are usually Wool / knitwear

Are your rainboots warm ? We have Wellington boots that are rubber and come in short or long styles , however they are usually not very warm.

Waterproof hiking style boots with good socks are usually better for keeping you both warm a d dry.

Yes similar to sweater or hoodie . Here in England jumpers are usually Wool / knitwear

Are your rainboots warm ? We have Wellington boots that are rubber and come in short or long styles , however they are usually not very warm.

Waterproof hiking style boots with good socks are usually better for keeping you both warm a d dry.

Wool anything in Florida would be super hard to find... You can't even find a proper coat here...

I don't know if they( rain boots) would be warm... as they are still in the box... LOL , and they are the shorter style, but well above the ankle... I would need some serious socks thick socks to wear with them..my friend said... you are so funny you know nothing about cold weather... I just laughed... she said they are made to wear thick socks with... I was like okay... if you say so... Now where do I get socks like this..she just shook her head... LOL

I think that when we head to see the leaves change in North Carolina later in the year, I think I will start a list of things to look for, they have alot of wool stuff, and proper coats... Lots of snow skiing and outdoors activities where we go to.. so I might be able to find a few things... I just don't want to spend on something we won't need... or ton on money on something that we will only use occasionally...

Wool anything in Florida would be super hard to find... You can't even find a proper coat here...

I don't know if they( rain boots) would be warm... as they are still in the box... LOL , and they are the shorter style, but well above the ankle... I would need some serious socks thick socks to wear with them..my friend said... you are so funny you know nothing about cold weather... I just laughed... she said they are made to wear thick socks with... I was like okay... if you say so... Now where do I get socks like this..she just shook her head... LOL

I think that when we head to see the leaves change in North Carolina later in the year, I think I will start a list of things to look for, they have alot of wool stuff, and proper coats... Lots of snow skiing and outdoors activities where we go to.. so I might be able to find a few things... I just don't want to spend on something we won't need... or ton on money on something that we will only use occasionally...

If you want to avoid buying lots of outer wear maybe look for some good thermal base layers.

Can you order it online ?

Do you live in Florida ? I have actually bought 2 wonderful winter coats on holiday in Florida from lake Buena vista outlets they have a north face store.

If you have no need for such a winter coat other than this trip could you buy one used on eBay etc , resell it after the trip.

Also there is a huge mall and outlets close to Disney Paris where you could get coats when you first arrive. The store I said before Primark is cheap fast fashion, they always have a selection of coats men's and women's. It also has lots of Disney clothing and accessories if you want to get souvenir items without paying park prices.

I normally say go for light raincoat that can be used to remove the wind and rain then layer up underneath as you can adjust accordingly. If it's one of those dry crisp winter days then your not sweating when you go about Nd can throw the coat if it's lightweight in your bag. Spare socks are a great shout. You don't really get wet at the parks. Pirates is best described as light damp.

If you want to avoid buying lots of outer wear maybe look for some good thermal base layers.

Can you order it online ?

Do you live in Florida ? I have actually bought 2 wonderful winter coats on holiday in Florida from lake Buena vista outlets they have a north face store.

If you have no need for such a winter coat other than this trip could you buy one used on eBay etc , resell it after the trip.

Also there is a huge mall and outlets close to Disney Paris where you could get coats when you first arrive. The store I said before Primark is cheap fast fashion, they always have a selection of coats men's and women's. It also has lots of Disney clothing and accessories if you want to get souvenir items without paying park prices.

I hate to order anything on line - I know everyone does it, I just haven't had any luck with buying clothing on line, and I hate to return something... It's hard for me to get anything other than a hoodie on-line... just how I am built...

Yes I live in Winter Garden, its out the back gate of Disney up the 429 about 8 exits... I always forget about North Face, thanks for the suggestion, I will have to remember to go in and check it out...

I do need some type of proper coat, we like to travel when it cooler, or cold... just not crazy cold... Its a nice reprieve from our normal heat and humidity... We go to North Carolina once or twice a year and are hoping to possible buy a mountain vacation home there in the next couple of years as we head into retirement. When we went to Paris before, We went in very early May, and I was surprise how really much colder than we thought it was going to be. 2 days it rained, and the wind was so bad...Thankfully I had thrown a couple of long sleeve shirts in to layer with, it was last minute decision, I had room in my luggage, and was not over weight...

My friend suggested I get a coat with a zip out lining, and zip off hood, or hidden hood... so that I can get more use out of it... and zippered pockets so I don't lose my hat and gloves.... which I think is pretty good idea...

Jumping in to follow your planning. My 19yo just started the process of getting her study abroad plans for summer 2022 rolling, and her two top choice programs are in Ireland and Scotland so it looks like a UK & France trip for next year will be our consolation prize for how completely and totally the virus destroyed our Japan 2021 plans. We won't have any flexibility in when we go because we'll be tacking the trip on to either the beginning (June) or end (July) of whatever program DD ends up doing, but since it is all new to me I'm interested to hear what advice you pick up along the way.

On the subject of winter wear, two-part coats are really great when you don't know what kind of conditions you're going to be dealing with. North Face is the best known but after going through a North Face phase in middle school, my girls now have Columbia versions they like better. You can wear the fleece layer on cool days, the waterproof outer layer on wet days, or both when you need waterproof warmth, which makes them really versatile. Worn together over a good base layer, they're warm enough for sledding in Michigan.... but separate and worn over ordinary clothing, they're light enough for winters in California too.

Jumping in to follow your planning. My 19yo just started the process of getting her study abroad plans for summer 2022 rolling, and her two top choice programs are in Ireland and Scotland so it looks like a UK & France trip for next year will be our consolation prize for how completely and totally the virus destroyed our Japan 2021 plans. We won't have any flexibility in when we go because we'll be tacking the trip on to either the beginning (June) or end (July) of whatever program DD ends up doing, but since it is all new to me I'm interested to hear what advice you pick up along the way.

On the subject of winter wear, two-part coats are really great when you don't know what kind of conditions you're going to be dealing with. North Face is the best known but after going through a North Face phase in middle school, my girls now have Columbia versions they like better. You can wear the fleece layer on cool days, the waterproof outer layer on wet days, or both when you need waterproof warmth, which makes them really versatile. Worn together over a good base layer, they're warm enough for sledding in Michigan.... but separate and worn over ordinary clothing, they're light enough for winters in California too.

hi from Dublin, Republic of Ireland. Just so you know Republic of Ireland , ie Dublin, Cork, Galway, Donegal, etc are not the UK. The UK is England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. So where are the colleges located?

hi from Dublin, Republic of Ireland. Just so you know Republic of Ireland , ie Dublin, Cork, Galway, Donegal, etc are not the UK. The UK is England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. So where are the colleges located?

One is in the Republic of Ireland (Galway) and the other in Scotland (don't recall precisely where at the moment). Ideally, we'll have time for Ireland, the UK and France either way, but that will depend on time constraints so there's a possibility that if she ends up in Scotland, we'll have to leave Ireland for another time or vice versa. She'll probably make a final decision between them in November, but her university has the kids start planning for their study abroad so early that the initial steps aren't program specific.

I'm quietly hoping the Galway program wins out because not only is it in her major field, it also isn't terribly far from where my family originates from and might give me a chance to do a bit of digging into local records to see if I can get anywhere with pre-famine/pre-emigration genealogy.

One is in the Republic of Ireland (Galway) and the other in Scotland (don't recall precisely where at the moment). Ideally, we'll have time for Ireland, the UK and France either way, but that will depend on time constraints so there's a possibility that if she ends up in Scotland, we'll have to leave Ireland for another time or vice versa. She'll probably make a final decision between them in November, but her university has the kids start planning for their study abroad so early that the initial steps aren't program specific.

I'm quietly hoping the Galway program wins out because not only is it in her major field, it also isn't terribly far from where my family originates from and might give me a chance to do a bit of digging into local records to see if I can get anywhere with pre-famine/pre-emigration genealogy.

I used to live in Galway :) in non Covid times its a great place to do an study abroad program, as it has a huge student population and both University College Galway and GMIT are located within walking distance to the main shopping / tourist, city centre areas. Its on the west coast of Ireland a few miles from the wild Atlantic so it gets alot of rain and wind and the temperatures can be cool, even in summer.

When you get to Paris go I to a store in Val D Europe ( mall one exit from Disney). Buy a coat and now you have a vacation coat.

I don't agree with your friends advice of a n airport hotel u less you have a late arriving flight or early morning flight. Too much moving around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter