Planning for Paris and DLP, April/May or November 2022 - Come on in and lets all plan our trips together

Welcome aboard...

In Paris a lot of people speak English, yet you should learn a few phrases, and words to help you as well. Like... Please/ Thank you/ where is the restroom/ may I have the bill please/ how much. We went into a shop and greeted the owner in French, Bonjour Madam and after shopping around, I was asking how much, and she replied... English, - Oui - I said, American? Oui I said - and she started speaking English, enough to where could communicate, Her husband came out and started talking to us, and he said American? Oui, and he said you don't look American, and you don't act American. We spent about 30 minutes just talking to them. I wanted to ask why we didn't "look American" , then decided against it... We ended up buying a few things and they both were so nice, giving us a few tips on restaurants, to which they were on point on both places... Delicious meals... she said begin in French, and you will find more help. So that's what we did and she was right!

DLP- pretty much all the CM's speak some level of English, some much better, some just getting their feet wet. We found that alot of the times, they want to practice or ask what for the word in English, more conversational style way of speaking. We stayed at Newport Bay, and every morning in the club, these two lovely young women would make it a point to stop and practice with us. So we traded, They helped me with my French, and us with their English... One of them wanting to come to America to work at WDW... she said she had to reach a certain level before she could even be interview. The other young woman was wanting to go to work on the Disney Cruise line, she said she had gotten the interview. I hope they both got their wish.

I can speak a little French because I learnt in school I'm from Liverpool and I'd have the opposite problem. I would often be mistaken for an American, maybe it's because of my accent in French sounds similar - I don't really know. But when I'd say I'm from England they'd look at me puzzled as if to say 'are you sure?'

I can speak a little French because I learnt in school I'm from Liverpool and I'd have the opposite problem. I would often be mistaken for an American, maybe it's because of my accent in French sounds similar - I don't really know. But when I'd say I'm from England they'd look at me puzzled as if to say 'are you sure?'

Yes that's what we got as well... the look as to say "Are you sure ?? "... LOL so while we were in Paris, this was our first full day. We did have this happen almost everyday someone telling us we did not look or act American, or acting surprised when we said we were from the United States...so we were having dinner and our server was quite chatty with us, towards the end of the meal, he was just delightful... He asked of course, were are you from? and said You don't look American or act American... I was like we have had other people tell us that... I had about 3 or 4 glasses of wine by then, so I asked Why? He said, well you don't dress American for sure, you know sports clothes, and Frankenstein shoes, those are for the gym. He went on to say, we like to guess were our guest are from, I was like really, He said to my husband, I would have guessed the Netherlands, or Scandinavia - big like the Vikings... to me he said you look French, You have the french girl way about you, just enough flirt and sass, and winked, my husband just laughed and laughed.. He was like you got that right!! ... ...as well you don't sound American when speaking in French, you have the correct flow, and don't try to say the whole word...

Which I can thank the CM's at the French Pavilion in Epcot who help me understand that was very important, as well as the all the Youtube videos that I watched, and right now I am back watching trying to learn more for our trip next year...
I am thinking about maybe something a bit more formal...

Okay, my husband and I are planning a mega trip to London (via one-way cruise) then various legs including a battlefield tour of Belgium and a train trip to Paris. We are planning on 5 days in Paris -- with 2 spent at Disneyland. My husband needs use of a walker, so we don't move super fast, but just want to see the two parks as best as two days will allow. Does it seem realistic to only give Disneyland 2 days -- we are not huge ride enthusiasts (no rollercoaster or anything high)?

Also would appreciate knowing how difficult it is to get from Paris central to the park. Is it worth staying in the park two nights or just transporting from a hotel in Paris?

And lastly, any hotel suggestions for Disney and Paris, and restaurants in Disney and Paris, would be most appreciated. Thanks much.

I hate to order anything on line - I know everyone does it, I just haven't had any luck with buying clothing on line, and I hate to return something... It's hard for me to get anything other than a hoodie on-line... just how I am built...

Yes I live in Winter Garden, its out the back gate of Disney up the 429 about 8 exits... I always forget about North Face, thanks for the suggestion, I will have to remember to go in and check it out...

I do need some type of proper coat, we like to travel when it cooler, or cold... just not crazy cold... Its a nice reprieve from our normal heat and humidity... We go to North Carolina once or twice a year and are hoping to possible buy a mountain vacation home there in the next couple of years as we head into retirement. When we went to Paris before, We went in very early May, and I was surprise how really much colder than we thought it was going to be. 2 days it rained, and the wind was so bad...Thankfully I had thrown a couple of long sleeve shirts in to layer with, it was last minute decision, I had room in my luggage, and was not over weight...

My friend suggested I get a coat with a zip out lining, and zip off hood, or hidden hood... so that I can get more use out of it... and zippered pockets so I don't lose my hat and gloves.... which I think is pretty good idea...

A couple of years ago I bought my Mom a Columbia 3-in-1 jacket. It had a waterproof outer shell that could be worn alone, an inner fleece that could be worn alone or zipped into the outer shell. Something like that might work for you since you could choose which pieces to wear depending on the weather of the day.

Okay, my husband and I are planning a mega trip to London (via one-way cruise) then various legs including a battlefield tour of Belgium and a train trip to Paris. We are planning on 5 days in Paris -- with 2 spent at Disneyland. My husband needs use of a walker, so we don't move super fast, but just want to see the two parks as best as two days will allow. Does it seem realistic to only give Disneyland 2 days -- we are not huge ride enthusiasts (no rollercoaster or anything high)?

Also would appreciate knowing how difficult it is to get from Paris central to the park. Is it worth staying in the park two nights or just transporting from a hotel in Paris?

And lastly, any hotel suggestions for Disney and Paris, and restaurants in Disney and Paris, would be most appreciated. Thanks much.
DLP is an easy train ride out from Paris but with mobility challenges you might also look into some of the bus tours.

As for hotels, we loved the Hotel Mayfair on 3 Rue Rouget de Lisle. We were able to walk to so many places from there and there is a taxi stand a few short blocks away.

DLP is an easy train ride out from Paris but with mobility challenges you might also look into some of the bus tours.

As for hotels, we loved the Hotel Mayfair on 3 Rue Rouget de Lisle. We were able to walk to so many places from there and there is a taxi stand a few short blocks away.

Thanks. How long is the train ride?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter