Planet Hollywood - restaurant reviews

My mum and me ate there last monday Dec 8th, we had bought the groupon voucher (so had a set menu) and had booked a table for 8 pm.
We queued to talk with the waiter as all the others there but then werw sat in about five mins (when the average waiting time was 50 mins).
I have read on this board portions were huge and actually they were :scared1:

As appetiezer mum had bruschetta and i had chicken wontons:

20141208_203341_zpsfa7b3136.jpg

20141208_203332_zpsba77ec9e.jpg

then it was Cesar Salad for mum and Southwestern Salad for me

20141208_204739_zpsf3c24683.jpg

20141208_204744_zpsfabfb422.jpg

Dessert was Strawberry Sorbet fro mum and Cheescake for me:

20141208_210741_zpsde19bd10.jpg

20141208_210746_zpscee5ba7a.jpg

So our meal was a great value for the 35 euro we had paied for the voucher, as i have said on my TR my mum did not eat much because she was talking strong painkillers, the waiter asked her if food was ok and when she told him the reason he offered to pack the dinner for her to bring home. We said no thanks but anyway it was nice of them.
The price may not be the same but i think we're going back there next time :thumbsup2

We ate here on Monday 24th November around 9pm. It was very busy with the queue down the stairs, no doubt due to the Groupon offer which we had too made use of. Our vouchers cost €7 each for the kids and €25 for starter and mains for myself and my husband so €39 in total plus we had two drinks at €14 in total (a bottle of Sol and a Legally Blonde cocktail - very nice I must say).

We waited about 30 minutes to get our table and ate from the Groupon menu which is limited.

The food was ok with starters being much better than our mains. I had the chicken wontons which were very nice followed by a mediocre chicken broccoli penne which was bland. DH had a lovely chicken crunch starter followed by a greasy hotdog which he didn't like at all. The kids both had hotdogs which they liked followed by ice cream.

I don't think I'll be back as we find Annettes to be better.

we also ate here with the groupon deal, at 8pm on Tuesday 16th December.

The queue was just about out the door upstairs, but there didn't appear to be anyone in the queue with reservations, we walked straight to the front of the queue, gave my name as we had reserved a table, and were seated immediately.

It was absolutely roasting hot in the main restaurant area upstairs where we were seated. Our waiter was fantastic, he was entertaining, swift and very understanding when we wanted to customise our order (2 fussy girls with me ;)). The girls had burgers from the Groupon deal, and then one had ice cream and one had the chocolate brownie dessert (which was ginormous). I had the Chicken penne, it was okay, lots of it (as there was in every dish). The Groupon deal made this a better option for me compared with Annettes (where we also ate on this trip), and I loved the theme of the restaurant.

Hopefully we will return to Planet Hollywood :).

We also ate here with the Groupon deal October 2014.
Liam had chicken strips, I had Bruschetta for starters, we both had pizza for mains and cheesecake for dessert.
Couldn't fault any of it, I only ate 2 slices of the pizza and our server offered to box it up. There was nothing at all wrong with it, just too much food.
This was our 3rd visit and we've always enjoyed our meals here enormously, even more so with the fab Groupon offer :)

Keep meaning to try this out but haven't as of yet. :-)

Thanks for the reviews some good / some bad but then there always are..lol.

I'll give it a try when i am there for Christmas and then post my opinion :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter