placeholder - confirmation

That would make sense. And the fact that I didn't receive one is what's concerning me. How can that be a hit or miss thing? the agent even verified my email and reviewed the form to see if I'd done it correctly. But she wouldn't put it through when I was sitting there. I guess I was okay with that because I wanted it processed on the last day anyway.

I think it is totally hit or miss. I didn't get an email at all the first time I did a placeholder, despite being told I would. Have you checked your CC page to see if there's a reservation number listed on there? That's how I found mine the first time. Barring all else, you can call DCL, but I wouldn't do it today... I've been on hold forever trying to add a one-way ground transfer. :bored:

It's been awhile since we bought a placeholder (2016), but the last time we did it ours went MIA for about a week or so. No email - no charge to the credit card, wasn't listed on the Castaway Club page, etc. I called DCL and they told me to email dcl.reservations@disneycruise.com. I did and after a couple of days they replied with my confirmation number. The same day, our credit card was charged and the next day or so we got the confirmation email and it finally showed up in the CC page of the website.

You might try emailing them. Beats sitting on hold, anyway.

Okay, I did send an email to ask about it. I just got a phone call from DCL and they said they had the wrong email address for me, which is why I hadn't received the email. I now have it and they said they'd forward it to Costco, as well. So, all is well. :tigger:

Thanks for all your encouragement and experience. :thanks:

We booked and paid for a place holder while on a cruise in 2016 in pounds sterling. We did not receive an email so have no terms and conditions.

Today we called Disney to apply the place holder to a cruise. We were quoted a price in GB pounds which was fine but were told that the 10% discount was fixed at the dollar rate for 2016 which is considerably different to the rate today.

Can anyone confirm that this is correct.

You can get pricing in something other than USD? We're Canadian, but we have to pay in USD. Why not ask what the pricing is in USD and what the 10% would be, then see if that, converted is a better deal than the one they are giving you?

We always book using our TA and when we put down our placeholder on our last cruise, the agent just asked if I wanted to use my existing TA (which I did) and they e-mailed her at the same time as me. So I would have just contacted her to arrange a cruise and move the placeholder to that since she owned it already. We ended up not using it as originally planned since we're going to Italy instead and she arranged to have it returned to us. So if you know in advance next time, you can just let them know who you want to be your TA and they'll do it right there rather than having to fill out paperwork later to transfer.

If it showed up on the Castaway Club, I wouldn't be bothered, but I know they took the funds for it, so now I want the evidence of the placeholder, ie, reservation number.

For a while it did. I recall seeing ours after we booked it but then a couple of months later went to check it for the date we arranged for the placeholder so I'd know when we had to sail and it was no longer showing. But when I went to cancel it last week, there was no issue in my TA finding it and arranging for it to be returned. I don't know why they don't show it anymore unless I wasn't looking in the right place. I found the original e-mail so I wasn't too concerned about it but it really would be nice to be able to log in and see it as a reminder if nothing else.

For a while it did. I recall seeing ours after we booked it but then a couple of months later went to check it for the date we arranged for the placeholder so I'd know when we had to sail and it was no longer showing. But when I went to cancel it last week, there was no issue in my TA finding it and arranging for it to be returned. I don't know why they don't show it anymore unless I wasn't looking in the right place. I found the original e-mail so I wasn't too concerned about it but it really would be nice to be able to log in and see it as a reminder if nothing else.

They did used to show placeholders in your Castaway Club page. They no longer do.

OP: we got our confirmation email the same day we booked the placeholder on board, confirming it was booked, the reservation # etc.

SW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter