Pictures of Grand Cabana #21

We are sailing on the Sept 5th Fantasy Western. So excited! First time concierge!

We're taking our son and daughter and their 7 kids (ages 1,2,5,7,9,11,13) - so REALLY having a hard time deciding which cabana to try for!! We have until May 3 to figure it out!! :worship:

Oh wait, that sounded wrong - we're taking our son & daughter in law, and daughter & son in law and their 7 kids. Haha!

Well, I'll be in 15 in may unless something changes LOL. So I'll take pics for you both of that area down there. I would think with the smaller kids, it might be easier to keep an eye on all of them down in the big cabana but honestly with all those little bladders, it would probably be a whole lot closer to the bathrooms to do 4 & 5. That's definitely a toss up.

Well, I'll be in 15 in may unless something changes LOL. So I'll take pics for you both of that area down there. I would think with the smaller kids, it might be easier to keep an eye on all of them down in the big cabana but honestly with all those little bladders, it would probably be a whole lot closer to the bathrooms to do 4 & 5. That's definitely a toss up.

Oooh, I wish you were going like 2 weeks earlier!! I know you'd be able to give me some great advice after being there! We just have to have our request in too soon!

The other thing I'm thinking is, I don't want to take up space in two regular cabanas, whereas if we got the large one it would free up the regular ones for two separate families. I am definitely over-thinking this!! Hahaha!

We are sailing on the Sept 5th Fantasy Western. So excited! First time concierge!

We're taking our son and daughter and their 7 kids (ages 1,2,5,7,9,11,13) - so REALLY having a hard time deciding which cabana to try for!! We have until May 3 to figure it out!! :worship:
Oh wow! Almost all odd numbers for ages!

I'll be on the 9/14 Dream with a group of 20+ ladies for our annual run away from home adventure. Cabanas 20 & 21 would be awesome!

Oh wow! Almost all odd numbers for ages!

I'll be on the 9/14 Dream with a group of 20+ ladies for our annual run away from home adventure. Cabanas 20 & 21 would be awesome!

Hahaha...yes for my daughter this is the "odd" year for her kids - she's got the oldest 5.

Oh, I think those cabanas would be perfect for a "girl's cruise" - y'all wouldn't need deep water and big waves...just being together would be great! And you could be as loud as you wanted being that remote!! Hehe! :beach:

Honestly, the landscaping and stuff around the cabana isn't bad at all. Yes, its bare compared to the rest but it is so worth it with a big group. We were a group of 10 and we hardly noticed the fact that there wasn't much landscaping. Also, 20 and 21 are elevated which could make it a little harder to landscape around they are both on stilts with a ramp up to the front of each of them.

Thanks for sharing :). We had #8 this past year and LOVED it. The large one has that big table....too bad they don't deliver your food to you at lunch, that would be nice too. So the price of the double cabana is twice a regular for 10 people? I've not seen the prices yet for that one.

Thanks for sharing :). We had #8 this past year and LOVED it. The large one has that big table....too bad they don't deliver your food to you at lunch, that would be nice too. So the price of the double cabana is twice a regular for 10 people? I've not seen the prices yet for that one.
The price was $899 for ten people. Every person after that was an additional $50 up to 16 I believe.

How deep was the water in the tidal pool in front of the cabana? How long of a walk was it back to cabana 1? We will have 15 people and children under 6. Would the tidal pool be nice for a little one to splash in ? Thanks

How deep was the water in the tidal pool in front of the cabana? How long of a walk was it back to cabana 1? We will have 15 people and children under 6. Would the tidal pool be nice for a little one to splash in ? Thanks
Yes, it was great for children to splash around in. It does towards the middle get to probably 5-6 feet but they are still dredging it.

T
162_zpsjht9ysut.jpg
163_zpsvypjq88n.jpg
160_zpskey5k9i4.jpg
159_zpsv7yunsae.jpg
156_zps1j7lzpep.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Thank you so much for posting these pictures. They are great. I am so grateful that I was able to book #21 for May. Chances are we will never be able to get it again!

There was a golf cart stationed at Cabana 18 from 11-2:30 to take us up to the main area for food/restrooms/catch a tram. You can always call and page for one too if it isn't there.

Just to clarify, was the golf cart for the exclusive use of Cabin #21 or could cabins #18 to #20 use it as well?

That's a good question! From what I've read on other trip reports with people who have stayed in the cabanas, the golf cart was available to any guest requiring a ride to other parts of the island (food/tram area/etc).

We have cabanas 19 and 20 for our group of 11 coming up in less than 3 weeks!!!!!!! I haven't been able to catch the grand cabana available for our sail date so we could save a few hundred $$$. Oh well! I'm still shocked I found two side by side cabanas open for our sailing!

Good luck everyone trying to book and thank you for posting these pics!!!

That's a good question! From what I've read on other trip reports with people who have stayed in the cabanas, the golf cart was available to any guest requiring a ride to other parts of the island (food/tram area/etc).

We have cabanas 19 and 20 for our group of 11 coming up in less than 3 weeks!!!!!!! I haven't been able to catch the grand cabana available for our sail date so we could save a few hundred $$$. Oh well! I'm still shocked I found two side by side cabanas open for our sailing!

Good luck everyone trying to book and thank you for posting these pics!!!

Keep trying to call Disney and see if you can book 21. We scored it only about 2 weeks prior to the trip. I believe concierge holds it back until about that time.

Keep trying to call Disney and see if you can book 21. We scored it only about 2 weeks prior to the trip. I believe concierge holds it back until about that time.
Thank you!! I will try again today . . . it's been a few days since the last time I called. It's funny but each time I do call DCL, I get a different level of experience from the CM on the other end. Some know exactly what I'm looking for and immediately put me on hold to call the Shoreside Excursions Desk and others that have no clue and I end up explaining the whole procedure to them :) It's funny!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter