Picture of the Day at Colson's Crossing

Since it seems that "Colson" is no longer with us, it has been suggested that it may be time to rename the crossing. Whether we find some clever new name or not, I would like to see us keep this going. If we need to find a new location that is not off the beaten path, maybe we could improve participation???? What do ya'll think?????

Since it seems that "Colson" is no longer with us, it has been suggested that it may be time to rename the crossing. Whether we find some clever new name or not, I would like to see us keep this going. If we need to find a new location that is not off the beaten path, maybe we could improve participation???? What do ya'll think?????

I'm up for it. We could use the lawnmower tree....but it would be hard to see in pictures now :sad2: There are many good places for photo ops...the wagon outside of the settlement trading post, the marina dock, on the porch of T.E, the bridge to the bike barn...I think it would be fun to have a post with member pictures taken in the same place with their families :thumbsup2

I agree that the tradition should continue. I like the spot, but if the folks want to move it, that's fine as well. Personally, I'd pick crocket's tavern porch, in the rockingchairs in honor of Burl Ives.

that would be better, we never got a chance to get over to the sign, but passed the porch a zillion times

not that I can figure out how to post a picture. :rolleyes1

How about one of these?

DSC01394.jpg

DSC01383.jpg

Well, all I can say is if you change the location you'll force me to go again to get the new picture. (Come up with something quick!):thumbsup2

I'd like to make a motion to make the official Fort Wild Klub picture spot at Burl's Porch. All in favor so Gonzo can make his new reservations say "Aye".

Aye.

Any certain spot...or just somewhere on the porch ??

I think we should leave the artistic creativity to the family.

The gears have already begun turning, trying to think of something unique to do for our picture. Just incase anyone smells that coming from their computer, it's just my brain working overtime. Sorry.:rotfl:

Why don't we let this thread close and start a new one for the new pictures...

Aye!

I agree with making the porch our new Kodak spot. How about the first one of us to make it there and get a pictue starts a new thread. The "Picture on the Porch" thread, or whatever!!!! Maybe a photo from each trip??? Try something different each time, new pose, some theme, whatever???? All of the other folks sitting there holding onto their pagers waiting to get in will be looking and wondering what's wrong with them???

Even as it has been spoken, so shall it be done. :yay:

I am going over on the 25th for a couple of nights, but I hope someone else beats me to it!!!!:banana:

All I can say is that you guys are real wimps if you can't go out of your way to get to Colson's Crossing! That was the fun of it all. I vote to keep the picture spot there and for you guys to get off your duffs to get to this silly and unique location. Here, I took a picture of my daughter there last week. You can't have my scooter, don't ask....it makes it from the front desk of FW to the WL and back on one charge....and can carry both me and my daughter.

IMG_3668.JPG

true. The crossing formerly known as Colson's will hold a special place in DIS Lore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter