~~~~~~ Pics, Prices, & Where to buy a Non-Park Disney Costume ~~~~~~~~~~~

Belle Sundress that I made

IMG_2350.jpg

Ariel Dress I made. I made the shells detachable using hook and eye.

IMG_2375.jpg

O my!
The dress are wonderful! :cheer2:
I love the belle dress...
Belle's dresses are normally very hot and can get itchy...
Your dress looks nice and light and comfy!

Here is the new priate costume... Hat included
Price $14.99
Place: Costco

Review:
This is a wonderful priate costume... I like to long sleeves, would also look great with a pair of leggins under....
The hat looks close to jack's hat... thats why DD wanted it...

Also costso has some wonderful Princesses dress for the same price...
Blue and pink
the also have Disney brand princess dress with wand and crown for $24.99

IMG_2761.jpg

IMG_2759.jpg

IMG_2755.jpg

IMG_2753.jpg

O my!
The dress are wonderful! :cheer2:
I love the belle dress...
Belle's dresses are normally very hot and can get itchy...
Your dress looks nice and light and comfy!

I agree.

I also will say....well....a dress that may be great at one time of year can be miserable at another time of year. PLease consider the time of year and weather when putting your child in a costume. Also, some cotumes are just not practical in an amusement park- period.

In July, we saw a number of girls that were in costumes - esp some of the homemade ones - that were just almost cruel in the heat and humidity. Many homemade ones are FAR better than the DS or DP ones - so I'm not condemning all homemade ones by any means - but some were very impractical. Some kids were literally in tears, and the parent wouldn't budge.

Please just consider how comfortablethe cotume is to wear, and remember, you can always stow it in a locker at the park if it gets to be too much.

guess I'd look silly at 34 years old to wear my Tink costume.... but sometimes I wish I could do it just for kicks....:cool1:

I agree.

I also will say....well....a dress that may be great at one time of year can be miserable at another time of year. PLease consider the time of year and weather when putting your child in a costume. Also, some cotumes are just not practical in an amusement park- period.

In July, we saw a number of girls that were in costumes - esp some of the homemade ones - that were just almost cruel in the heat and humidity. Many homemade ones are FAR better than the DS or DP ones - so I'm not condemning all homemade ones by any means - but some were very impractical. Some kids were literally in tears, and the parent wouldn't budge.

Please just consider how comfortablethe cotume is to wear, and remember, you can always stow it in a locker at the park if it gets to be too much.

well said!
My DD and I always have to consider the itchy factor...
almost never go to disney in the summer so we need costume that are a little warmer for those cold nights.

I would feel so awful for any child that was being forced to wear a costume that they did not like...

More reason to keep adding pics and reviews on costumes here!!

just bumping up!
I know those wonderful halloween costume should be rolllin in soon...

I can't believe its halloween already

13536_563254716313_44202382_33268947_6728703_n.jpg

I made this myself. Wish I had a better picture, this is DD and my mom shortly after I finished sewing as I was trying to get a length for the hem. Also made matching collar, cape and bow (but try getting a 1 yr old to wear it!) This was from last Halloween. I figured "hey, what's a couple of inches" and made it a little big so she could wear it to Disney throughout the year. Apparently when they're that little, a couple of inches is a big deal. It was HUGE on her last year as you can see by the gaping back. Had to hold it together with safety pins. Hopefully it will fit better for our trip to MNSSHP next week!

I just bought the Disney licensed pattern from JoAnn's. It's all cotton except for the sleeves, so it really cuts down on the itchiness and the hotness. I think in the end it ended up costing me about $50 to make. But, it's more realistic to the dress Snow White actually wore in the movie as opposed to the DP dresses that are princess-i-fied.

I wanted to let everyone know that TOYsRus has a $5 off coupon for any costume...... You can find it on there website...
they also just listed there new halloween costumes!

I won't buy any..... i won't buy any.......:rolleyes1
I think i have a problem.... is the a 12 step program for this?? :rotfl2:

Haven't had a chance to read the whole thread yet so I hope I'm not duplicating another response....DD just used some of her Christmas money to buy some at the Disney store. She got Tink and Rapunzel ($25 each) and Jesse ($20) + we got an additional 10% off for DVC. I believe our store also had Aurora, Cinderella and Belle on sale for $25.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter