Pics from the park today - 10-11-17

The skies look really good considering the fires in Cali right now. Thanks for the pics, Halloween time is on my bucket list! Those candy apples looked delish!

How were the crowds today? From the pics looks maybe about medium?
Yes, I'd say about medium. Around noon the FP line for Buzz seemed unusually long. But overall the park didn't feel especially crowded. For me, the golden time is always between 8:00 and about 9:45. I look upon it as the bonus/reward I get for showing up early. After that, lines seem to be long for nearly everything.

Incidentally, something I always find exceptionally annoying is when people run at the rope drop. It's rare that it doesn't happen. This morning I saw a grown man -- probably around 34 or so -- *sprint* to Peter Pan and cut ahead of several children (really dude?). A little poetic justice, however: once under the roof, for some reason he had to wait for someone in his party and we were able to pass him in the line. I always hate it when people run. Once one person does it, the people that were ahead of them often feel compelled to run too in an effort to keep their spot or to not feel cheated. Runners who pass people who were ahead of them at the rope drop to make Peter Pan always feels like cheating to me. Always.

The skies look really good considering the fires in Cali right now. Thanks for the pics, Halloween time is on my bucket list! Those candy apples looked delish!

Yup -- skies were clear blue and there was zero trace of smoke in the air (visually or olfactorily). For all the DL guests knew, there wasn't even a nearby fire going on.

Incidentally, something I always find exceptionally annoying is when people run at the rope drop. It's rare that it doesn't happen. This morning I saw a grown man -- probably around 34 or so -- *sprint* to Peter Pan and cut ahead of several children (really dude?). A little poetic justice, however: once under the roof, for some reason he had to wait for someone in his party and we were able to pass him in the line. I always hate it when people run. Once one person does it, the people that were ahead of them often feel compelled to run too in an effort to keep their spot or to not feel cheated. Runners who pass people who were ahead of them at the rope drop to make Peter Pan always feels like cheating to me. Always.

This happened to us a few years ago. I was with my Mother and brother and sister who are much younger (6 and 8 at the time). We were right at the front of rope drop and were enjoying our walk to Peter Pan. Then some grown woman in her late forties goes rushing past us and beats us just into the peter pan queue. She storms through the line and right to the final turn and tries to hold up the line saying she is waiting for her party who look to be just coming through the drawbridge. We very politely ignored her and walked right past her and up the front. I don't get the need, especially when your entire party isn't with you.

I don't get the need, especially when your entire party isn't with you.

That's another thing we detest: when one person runs ahead -- usually a kid --, is first in line and then his/her party of five or six people then join him/her. OK, fine: you cheated by running and got to the front of the line. But, no, your entire party doesn't now get to join you. Really annoys me.

I've seen this a few times and wish they'd bring it back: a CM stood on the drawbridge at rope drop and when guests reached him/her, they were told "This is the line for Peter Pan." It seemed to reduce running because, A, guests saw a CM and therefore were less likely to cheat/run and, B, there was a shorter distance between the rope drop and the line. Disneyland: please bring this back.

Those are great pics! A few things I’ve never seen before during past Halloween trips! I’m looking forward to finding them on Saturday! Where are the skeleton Goofy and Mickey and Minnie under the flower arch?

Those are great pics! A few things I’ve never seen before during past Halloween trips! I’m looking forward to finding them on Saturday! Where are the skeleton Goofy and Mickey and Minnie under the flower arch?

You see them on the tram ride from the Mickey and Friends parking garage.

Back when the Nemo Subs first opened we hit rope drop one morning. We ended up fast-walking to Nemo but were passed by a number of runners. We were the last folks on the first sub and the Cast Member, during the opening spiel, asked how everyone's morning jog was!

Here are a few pics from Buzz. Scored near 2M on one side and around 700,000 on the other. As I mentioned, the post-ride scoring was broken. Sounds like it may *still* be broken today. Hope it's fixed by Sunday.

L7.JPG

L6.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter