Photopass photo editing - what do you do?? How do you do it?

When I go to mydisneyphotopass-- on the first page that asks "Were were your Disney Photos taken" and has you click either WDW, DLR, ESPN Wide World of Sports or Aulani, it states directly under that:

Walt Disney World Resort and Gameday Photos Guests:
Beginning November 24, all of your unexpired Disney PhotoPass photos
taken at Walt Disney World Resort and ESPN Wide World of Sports
will be accessible exclusively on a new website.

Please note that ongoing photo gift products and edits like borders or stickers
placed on watermarked photos will not transfer to the new website.

Please purchase your photo gift products and any watermarked photos
with edits by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on November 23.

Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Guests:
Beginning November 24, all of your unexpired Disney PhotoPass photos taken
at Aulani will be accessible exclusively at Disneyland.com/PhotoPass.

Please note that ongoing photo gift products and edits like borders or stickers
placed on watermarked photos will not transfer to Disneyland.com/PhotoPass.

Please purchase your photo gift products and any watermarked photos with edits
by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on November 23.

If I am already logged in and it takes me directly to my photos-- I don't see any announcement of that at all. They still haven't cleared the old uploaded photos out of the product so that I can finish my book. I got an E-mail from them this morning that they were "still working on it". I'm starting to get stressed out that I won't be able to complete my book before what I have already gets wiped out. Also, in the back of my mind, I am starting to wonder if they aren't going to fix it because they are changing websites and are just putting me off.

The borders/stickers seem to be coming and going. A few days ago, there were no MNSSHP borders or stickers available for my MNSSHP photos. I was specifically looking for them. Now, I can see a MNSSHP border and sticker.

Yep, I never got the page that asks where where your photos taken that time, so that probably explains why I couldn’t find any info on the upcoming changes. Which is odd, since normally the site will kick me out to that page randomly and sometimes repeatedly when I am trying to do edits or even just look.

I must have just looked at a lucky time, and I haven’t checked again, because when I looked there was at least 1 MNSSHP border, a Halloween one, and a Hocus Pocus one. I didn’t see how many exactly, I was just looking to see if they existed. I also didn’t even look at the stickers, I assumed if borders were there stickers would be also but maybe I shouldn’t have assumed.

I would be getting antsy in your situation also. Even if they extend your dates or give you a credit, it doesn’t compensate for time spent!

Why do you have to download one at a time? I have always downloaded them all together, and they would break them into batches so I would have maybe 10 groups to download one at a time- so 10 times. However, they were all a jumble and zipped, so it would be very hard to find a specific picture. Plus I don’t know how to tell which ones were edited for 4x6, 5x7, or 8x10. I have a lot of complaints, but the actual downloading hasn’t been one of them.

Simple. When you download the whole batch you then have to determine which ones are duplicates that you already downloaded. Too much of a pain in the neck.

Can't you just hit the download button in the right top corner and then let them all download into zip files, extract to check them, and delete the folders you already have? Mine does seem to group all the ride photos together-- but the rest of them are pretty much day by by day of our trip in order?

I'm not sure that they create the same folders each time, but regardless, I organize my photos by visit once I get them to my computer, so sorting through the duplicates is a pain.

Yep, I never got the page that asks where where your photos taken that time, so that probably explains why I couldn’t find any info on the upcoming changes. Which is odd, since normally the site will kick me out to that page randomly and sometimes repeatedly when I am trying to do edits or even just look.

I would be getting antsy in your situation also. Even if they extend your dates or give you a credit, it doesn’t compensate for time spent!

They moved the date of the website switch to December 15 (projects must be ordered by the end of the day December 14)! Thank goodness -because after 4 phone calls and almost 2 weeks, they finally fixed my account late Wednesday afternoon. We spent all evening yesterday (instead of watching the Black Friday shoppers) and were planning to spend most of the day today trying to put together a photobook before tonight's deadline. So glad to have some extra time. I bet they have known they were going to do that because back when I first started calling them, they extended my photos until December 15. I wish I had known before today- but at least I can quit stressing!

To answer your question about how to figure out what is what (this is, of course, assuming you have the Memory Maker so can get as many pictures as you want), I think you look at the sizes in the properties and it will tell you MB or GB size. Well, the larger ones should be larger, lol

They moved the date of the website switch to December 15 (projects must be ordered by the end of the day December 14)! Thank goodness -because after 4 phone calls and almost 2 weeks, they finally fixed my account late Wednesday afternoon. We spent all evening yesterday (instead of watching the Black Friday shoppers) and were planning to spend most of the day today trying to put together a photobook before tonight's deadline. So glad to have some extra time. I bet they have known they were going to do that because back when I first started calling them, they extended my photos until December 15. I wish I had known before today- but at least I can quit stressing!

Thanks! That worked out great for you, but I was actually waiting until after 11/24 to do any editing so I could then not have it lost until I finished and ordered a disk, which won't be until after our New Years Trip for sure. Now I wonder it they'll even have Halloween and MNSSHP borders when it's back up in Dec. This may be the kick I need to stop my editing - there might not be as much for me to add that applies to my Halloween trip after the changes!

To answer your question about how to figure out what is what (this is, of course, assuming you have the Memory Maker so can get as many pictures as you want), I think you look at the sizes in the properties and it will tell you MB or GB size. Well, the larger ones should be larger, lol

I do have MM, and I'll have to check closer on the disks I've ordered in the past. As I've mentioned previously, the files I've downloaded onto my computer as a batch are all zipped, and I don't seem to have a program on my computer to unzip them. As a result I have never done anything with them and I think they are pretty much all useless since I have so many and they are all jumbled together in my downloads. At least it would take way more time than I have to sort them out, even if I get them unzipped!

I honestly never thought about it that simply, though, that an 8x10 should be larger in storage size than a 5x7, and a 5x7 larger than a 4x6, so that would be a way to tell :sad2:. So...thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter